Status: Updated whenever I feel like it,

His Girl Friday

Trois

"Alex, what are you doing here?" I asked as I opened the door around midnight.

"Are your parents at home?" He asked quickly as he looked around inside my house to see if anyone was moving around behind me.

"No, they're at some wedding and won't be home until Sunday, why?" I eyed him suspiciously as he bounced up and down anxiously.

"Because I'm horny as FUCK!" He shouted before walking into my house uninvited. Typical fucking Gaskarth. "Oh, and I heard about you and Barakat, congrats on that one."

"Thanks." I mumbled, "So enough small talk, can we just have sex now so you can leave?"

"You make it sound like a chore." Alex chuckled, "You have to admit you like the sex."

"If I didn't like it I wouldn't be having it, Alex." I rolled my eyes, "Follow me upstairs, I'm not having sex where my family normally resides."

"Who uses words like that?" Alex snorted as he followed behind me dutifully.

"I do, now shut up." I said before he began to kiss me. I quickly got back into the motion of things as we took our clothes off. I couldn't deny that Alex was a good kisser- and a good fucker. I could honestly admit I was looking forward to this.

I sighed a few hours later as I looked at Alex who had fallen asleep next to me. It was as if the bastard had planned to stay the night here.

"Alex, wake up." I grumbled shaking his shoulder. I should have known that he wouldn't respond to me. He was either a really heavy sleeper, or he was enjoying getting under my skin. I could feel my eyelids getting heavy as I struggled to get him conscious, but in the end Alex won as he always did and I slid further under the covers to get some sleep. Although, right before I had drifted off into a blissful dreamland, I felt two arms wrap themselves around my torso and a head fall into the crook of my neck. I couldn't help but chuckle because I just knew Alex was pretending to sleep earlier, but I knew we were both falling asleep now.

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __

The next morning I woke up alone. It would have been a depressing feeling if I had been with anyone other than Alex. Since it was him though, a wave of relief washed over me. I looked over at my desk and saw my phone lighting up.

2 unread messages The screen read. I quickly unlocked my phone and checked them. The first was from Lisa: Sorry I didn’t tell U about Alex. I just knew U didn’t like him. Hope we’re still cool... I sighed as I went onto the next message. It was always hard for anyone to stay mad at Lisa once they got to know her. She was truly a nice person, despite the stereotype many people gave her. I smiled as I read the next text: Morning beautiful :) I was hoping we could hang today if you have the time? Before I could answer, my phone rang and a picture of Jack popped up on the screen.

"I was just about to text you back." I said my voice still groggy from waking up.

"Well I couldn't wait for you to respond." I could tell he was smiling although I couldn't see him.

"Well to answer your question, yes. I would like to hangout today." I giggled.

"You would, or you can?" He questioned.

"You sound like a teacher." I scoffed, "And I can hangout."

"Okay, cool. I'll be at your house in two hours."p/i] He said excitedly before he hung up the phone quickly.

"I'll see you then." I smiled before hanging up. I knew he didn't hear me, but I was elated so I didn't really care. I hurried down the stairs to the smell of food in the kitchen.

"What are you still doing here?" I asked as I walked into the kitchen to see Alex making pancakes.

"What happened to hello?" Alex ignored my question and asked his own.I crossed my arms and waited for him to answer my question. He sighed and flipped over the pancake, "I was about to head out the door, but then my stomach growled. So I thought to myself that I would make some breakfast."

"Because that is the completely logical thing to do after a one night stand." I rolled my eyes.

"If you haven't realized it yet, we're not exactly a one night stand..." Alex paused, "And I made some for you too, you know. I'm not a freeloader." My heart sank as I realized he was right. I had fallen into a twisted cycle that I hadn't wanted in the first place, and now we had Jack and Lisa involved too.

"Thanks," I sighed, "But you have to be gone in two hours because Jack is coming over and then we're going out."

"Maybe I'll tag along." He said as he put the pancakes on a plate already stacked full of them.

"No." I protested as I got the orange juice out of the fridge and brought it to the table before going to the cabinet and getting two glasses and plates, "This is our first date alone, I don't need you to be the third wheel."

"Too much sexual tension?" Alex noted as he placed the pancakes on the table and took a seat.

"More like you would give me a tension headache." I rolled my eyes and sat down across from him and grabbed some pancakes for myself.

"Oh harsh." He grabbed at his chest dramatically, "You're breaking my heart babe."

"What heart?" I grinned manically.

"You're as heartless as I am, Audrey." Alex said with a little bit of seriousness underlying in his tone. We both took this as time to enjoy the silence that fell between us. That was, until we both heard the front door being unlocked and pushed opened.

"Audrey?" My older brother's voice called from the other room. Both Alex and I froze as our forks clattered as they hit our plates.

"I thought you said your family was at a wedding." Alex's eyes widened as he whispered.

"They are... My brother is in college though so I didn't think that- Brent hi!" I smiled at my brother who had walked into the kitchen.

"Oh, did I interrupt a breakfast date or something?" He asked curiously as he walked closer to our table and extended his hand out to Alex, "Hi, I'm Brent. Audrey's brother."

"It's nice to meet you." Alex smiled cordially as he shook my brother's hand.

"It's not a date." I said suddenly, "I have a boyfriend."

"You and Jack are official?" Alex asked turning to look at me, "Oh this makes things awkward." He mumbled quietly.

"Oh, sorry. My mistake." My brother smiled, "You two have fun, I have to go do some stuff in my old room before I pick up Savannah."

"Bye brother!" I called at him as he left.

"So how does this all work?" Alex asked as he stood up and carried his plate to the sink, "I am dating your best friend, and you are dating mine- we hate each other, yet we are fucking each other?"

"That sounds about correct." I laughed at how complicated things were right now, "What are we going to do?"

"Exactly what we're doing?" Alex suggested, "We'll break everything off once it gets too complicated, I think we're managing pretty well right now."

"Shake on it?" I asked as I pushed in my chair and also put my plate in the sink.

He shook his head no and leaned in and kissed me, "Promises are less likely to be broken this way." He smirked as he pulled away, "I should get going now before Jack shows up and wonders why the fuck I am here."

"Bye." I mumbled as he walked out the door. I needed to stop focusing on the 'what if's' on if Jack found out about this and needed to start thinking about what I was going to wear on this date of mine.