Status: More Comments = More Updates; ya dig?

All I Wanted

Both Sides Of The Story

Alex's POV


"Wait, wait, wait..." Jack said, "So there isn't really a Fine Brother's Snow Cone stand? FUCK!"

I rolled my eyes, "No, you dipshit, I was coming to tell you that Finley and her fucking band are here."

"So you knew she was in a band?" Jack asked bewildered, "Why wouldn't you tell us?!"

I merely shrugged my shoulders at my best friend freaking out in front of me, "I don't know." In actuality, I wanted to push any thoughts of us having to tour together out of my mind, and if that meant denying that she was ever in a band, then so be it.

Jack glared at me, "Look Alex, just because you say you hate her, that doesn't mean we didn't want to stop being friends with her. You've kept us from contacting her for years now, dude."

"What do you mean, because I say I hate her! I actually DO hate her, Jack." I growled.

"Yeah, sure you do." Jack snapped, "Whatever Man, you're just going to have to get over yourself and get along with her, you two are going to be on tour together for the remainder of Warped."

"Is she with O'Callaghan now?" I said not even trying to hide my disgust. How anyone could date her was a mystery. How I dated her for so long was a mystery to me.

"Yeah, why?" Jack asked giving me a look that suggested I didn't like Finley dating other guys.

"I'm not jealous, douche bag." I assured him, "I was just feeling sorry for the bro." I rolled my eyes and shoved my hands in my pockets.

"Yo Alex, wait up!" Garrett called out behind us. I turned around to see him walking over along with Kennedy.

"Sup guys?" Jack asked as he waved them over to us.

"We had to clear out of the bus." Kennedy rolled his eyes, "Things we're getting a little too sexual in there if you know what I mean."

I felt a sharp pang in my chest and I inhaled quickly to keep myself from saying anything I would regret, but the pain was getting more and more unbearable by the second. I tried to avoid making eye contact with Jack in case he noticed my change in behavior- he always seemed to know when something was wrong, "Damn." I pretended to chuckle. I had to show them that it didn't affect me. Hell, other than Jack, Rian, Zack and Finley, no one even knew that we had been a couple.

"I swear, every time John gets a new girlfriend, they do it all the time on tour. It's going to be even worse now that she's on tour with us." Garrett shook his head and chuckled, "At least this girl is actually cool. Most of the girls John ends up with are skanks."

"Guys! Wait up!" A girl's voice called running up to us all. I refused to look over at the new addition to our group, "Gary, Kenny. John needs you two to go help set up for your set, he said he'd be there in ten minutes."

"Alright." Garrett winked as he pulled Kennedy towards the stages.

I found myself staring into those blue irises I hadn't seen up close in years. My eyes began to slowly move downward observing her body. She was still short, at a height of around 5'3". She had definitely stopped growing since high school. Her light blonde hair was much longer than it used to be, it ended at the bottom of her rib cage. I couldn't help but to look up at her boobs, they even looked better than when I last saw them. She had on a cropped tank top, so I caught sight of the belly button piercing I know she definitely didn't have two years ago.

"I'll see you later Jack." She muttered before shooting me a look.

"Bye, Finley." He smiled and half-hugged her before she started walking back towards her own bus. As soon as she was out of earshot, Jack's hand connected with the back of my head.

"What the fuck was that for?" I whined, rubbing the spot where he hit me.

"You could at least try and act civil." He glared.

"Whatever man." I sighed, "I'm going to walk around the venue. I'll see you at our set."

Jack looked at me with what seemed like pity in his eyes, "Alright Bro, c'ya then."

Finley's POV


I tried to hurry back to my bus as fast as possible without drawing attention to myself. The images in my head of Alex's eyes running over me suddenly had me feeling very exposed. I went straight to my bunk and pulled on my red jacket. I sat there for a few minutes, the silence soothing me until I remember something- I was wearing Alex's jacket. After the break up, the only thing I actually kept was his soft, warm hoodie. I wore it every night as I slept to this very day. Though the smell of him had eventually worn off, and the strings began to fray, the jacket never seemed to wear out. Quickly, I peeled off the jacket and tucked it away under my pillow. I walked into the back lounge and found my grey Nirvana shirt and some studded shorts. Grabbing a few silver rings out of my bag, and my green beanie and clutch I headed out into the front lounge.

"Hey Finley." Will smiled as he walked into the bus holding onto his Batman cape, "You ready to sing your little heart out?"

I smiled half-heartedly, "More than anything." That was a lie. More than anything I wanted to be off this tour and as far away from Alex as possible. But I knew I couldn't do that. My band and I had worked too hard to get where we are today. I couldn't let them down, and I most certainly couldn't let Alex win.

"Well c'mon slow poke!" Will shouted pulling me over his shoulder, "We have a show to play!" In a matter of minutes we found ourselves side stage where Sutton and Todd were already setting up.

"It's about time Miss Singer got here." Sutton smirked, "You look cute."

"Thanks." I smiled, "So what do you need me to do?" I asked as Todd handed me a microphone.

"We're pretty much done setting up for today, so if you want to go warm up the crowd, we'll be out to join you in a second.

"Okay." I smiled as I took a deep breath and made my way on stage. The crowd erupted with screams and shouts as I sauntered to the center where my mic stand was, "Hello Scranton!" I bellowed into the microphone, "Are you ready for a killer show tonight?" I paused and allowed the crowd to scream even more, "Great!" I chuckled as the rest of my bandmates joined me, "We're Wasted Youth, and here's our first song, it's called 'For Lack of Better Words'."

I paused as the rest of my band went into the song and I smiled to myself thinking about how this is where I was meant to be. If you had told me two years ago that I would be where I was today, I would have never believed it. In high school, I was dead set on becoming a lawyer just like my father. But after everything with Alex, and my dad walking out on us two days after my graduation actually compelled me to begin writing music. After that everything sort of fell in place when I met everyone else in my band, they weren't just my band mates, they were my best friends.

After a few more songs, our time was over, "Thanks for being such a wonderful crowd Scranton!" I called out to everyone, "We'll be having a signing in about half an hour if any of you have time to stop by our tent, we'd love to meet you."

"And I may or may not be naked!" Will winked.

"He won't be." Sutton assured.

"Way to ruin the surprise!" He whined into his microphone, causing the frequency to go out for a second.

"Trust me," I laughed, "No one wants to see that William."

"I do!" Todd cried running into Will's arms.

"Keep it PG boys!" Sutton called after them as they ran off stage still embracing, "Thanks for being kick ass Scranton!"

I waved at the slowly dispersing crowd one last time before making my way off stage with everyone else only to find myself wrapped in two warm, protective arms.

"You did great tonight." John blushed kissing the top of my head.

"Thanks." I muttered into his slightly damp tank top, "I'm sorry I couldn't see your show tonight."

John shrugged as he pulled me around to position himself so he only had one arm around my shoulders, "It's okay. There is still plenty of time on tour for that. So do you want to go get something to eat right now? I am starving!"

"I would but I can't." I sighed, "I have a signing in twenty minutes, you want to come with me to that instead?"

John gave me an apologetic look, "I would Babe, but like I said, I am STARVING. I need to get some food now, is that okay?"

"Sure, I wouldn't want to be responsible for the untimely death-by-starvation of a hungry lead singer. Do you know how many fangirls would have me on their hit lists?" I let out a fake gasp.

"We wouldn't want that." John chuckled, "Well I guess I'll see you later Finley." He smiled and leaned in giving me a quick kiss on the lips.

"Bye John." I smiled as he turned around and walked away. I sighed, thinking about tomorrow. I only had less than twenty four hours to decide if I was going to stay with him or break things off before they got to intimate.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, I'm not too crazy about this story. But I have a ton written from a long time ago, so I'll keep posting it if people keep reading. I don't really have anything else to say, so I'll just stop writing in here before I begin to ramble.

- Sommer x