Status: Active :)

Like We Did When We Were Young

Lights will guide you home.

Kelsey's POV-

"Thanks for the ice cream." I said, glancing up at John.

"Not a problem." I replied, with one of his famous crooked smiles.

We were walking home from the ice cream shop, which was just a couple streets over.

"I'm glad you decided to say yes." He said.

“Well, I figured you wouldn’t stop bugging me if I didn’t.”

“You thought right.” He laughed. “But I think you said yes because you like me.”

“Is that what you think?”

He nodded. “Yeah, you don’t have to say it, but I know you feel it.”

“Whatever you say, John.” I laughed, while he snaked his hand around mine. I almost pulled my hand away, but I decided to let it slid.

We walked up to our houses, stopping in front of mine. “Well, I’ll probably see you later.” He said.

“Yeah.’

“See ya, Kelsey.” John said, and then leaned down to kiss me.

On the lips.

Harlow can’t find out about this.

•••

I walked in to my house, quietly shutting the door behind me.

"Where were you?" Harlow questioned, with her hands on her hips, standing in front of me.

I jumped back, startled. "Uh, I was," I started "I was out."

"Where?"

"I got ice cream."

"By yourself?"

"Well, there were other people there. So technically, I wasn't alone." I explained, trying to slip past her.

"Kelsey." She sounded like my mom before she yelled at me. "I know who you were with."

I had to give it up. I was caught.

I sighed, "Okay, I was with John. No big deal."

"No, it is a big deal."

"No."

"Yeah, it is." She announced, following me, as I walked to my room. "So, you like him?"

"Harlow, come on." I whined.

"Just tell me."

"Fine, okay. I kind of like him." I admitted, falling down on my bed.

"Thank you. See how easy that was."

"You know what, I do feel better." I said, sarcastically.

Harlow rolled her eyes, and said, “I seen you guys kiss.”

“Seriously?” I gasped.

“Mhm.”

“I hate you.” I groaned.

“From now on can we not keep things from each other?” Harlow suggested, sitting down next to me.

“You know how I get.” I said. “I hate talking about boys… That I like.”

“I know, but we are best friends. So-“ She began, until we both got distracted by the sound of sirens.

We hopped off the bed, and ran to the window. We saw an ambulance rushing down the road, and then stopping in front of our neighbor’s house.

“oh my gosh.” Harlow shouted.

“Lets go outside!” I yelled, sprinting for the door.

We ran outside, to our front lawn, Justin followed close behind.

The ambulance was in front of Josh, Stephen, and John Gomez's house. Josh and John were out on the lawn, talking to one of the guys from the ambulance.

We walked over to them. “What’s going on” Harlow asked Josh.

“Its Stephen.” Josh started. “He is having a terrible allergic reaction.”

“To what?” Justin added.

“Not one-hundred percent sure, yet.”

“That’s horrible. I hope he is alright.” I said, while I watched two workers wheel Stephen out of the house, on a stretcher.

I gasped, and looked away.

•••

Later that day, Harlow, Justin, and I were in our backyard. I lying down on the lawn, reading a book, while Justin worked on his tan, and Harlow studied.

I heard the sound of a door shutting; I glanced over and saw John Ohh and Eric Halvorsen walking outside. They walked over to the fence, causing me to jump up. “Hey.” I said to them.

“Hey.” John waved. “This is my friend Eric, by the way.” He introduced.

“Hi.” I said to him, as Harlow appeared at my side.

“Did you hear what happened earlier?” John added.

“To Stephen? He has an allergic reaction, is he alright now?” Harlow asked.

John shook his head. “No, actually he passed away.”

My jaw dropped. “Oh my gosh, that’s so sad.”

“What was he allergic to?” Harlow questioned.

“He was eating something that had Bananas in it. I guess he is extremely allergic.” Eric chimed in.
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY I DIDN'T PROOF READ, AND REALIZED I MADE A COUPLE MISTAKES. I fixed them, sorry!

Sorry that this is so overdue.

Also this is my first Halvo fic. Check it out On Your Side.

Thanks for reading!