Status: Active :)

Like We Did When We Were Young

Girls do what they want.

I woke up early; I wasn't accustomed to the time change yet. I groaned, knowing I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep. I slowly got up, pulling a hoodie over my head. I passed Justin's room, and he was still passed out, and when I passed Kelsey's room, she was passed out too. I wish I had the ability to sleep in. 

I wanted to make something to eat or breakfast, but we had nothing. Just a bunch of junk food left from our road trip here. I decided on a Pop-Tart. I ate it silently while going through my Twitter.

A half hour later no one was up, so I got ready for the day.

After I got ready I went outside to our backyard. It was big, except the grass had a huge circle of dead grass, where a pool probably used to be. Or you know, aliens.

I looked over and saw a couple guys standing there. One of them, who happened to be really cute, looked over. He smiled and waved, and I did the same. "Hi, I'm Harlow," I said.

"Stephen," he said. "That's my brother John and my friend Josh."

"Hello," they said at the same time.

"So you're our new neighbor," the blond one, Josh, said.

I nodded, "And my best friends Kelsey and Justin."

"Where'd you come from?" Stephen asked.

"Michigan."

"Michigan?!" John said. "That's far away."

"Yeah," I said. "The drive here was terrible."

"I bet," Stephen said.

"And we were driving nonstop. We didn't stay in a hotel or anything. We just slept in the car while someone else was driving."

"I couldn't even imagine that," Josh said. 

"Hey, we're having a party tonight, so you and your friends wanna come?" Stephen asked.

"Sure, what time?" I asked.

"Seven."

"Perfect."

I think I'm going to like living in Arizona.

-

When I walked back inside Justin was just sitting down in the kitchen. 

"So what's for breakfast?" Justin mumbled as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. 

"Chips and Pop-Tarts," I said with a laugh. 

"Ah, the breakfast of champions!" he exclaimed.

I laughed. "We need to go grocery shopping today."

He nodded, "I agree, but there is no way I'm coming with you."

"I'll drag Kelsey with me," I said. 

"Drag Kelsey where?" she asked as she emerged from her bedroom. 

"The grocery store," I said.

"Oh," she said. "Fine, but first we are going to give out little neighbors a visit."

"Kels," I said. "We are not-"

"Relax," she cut me off. "Just introduce ourselves. Nothing bad, I promise."

"Fine, but you will not go off on them. Promise?" I said.

Kelsey rolled her eyes. "I promise, Harlow." 

-

I had only exited the door of our house with Justin when Kelsey was already pounding on the door of our neighbors.

She stood there impatient, and no one had opened the door by the time I walked over. 

"What the hell?" she asked. 

"They're probably asleep," I said. "They were having a party last night." 

"No, they can open their door," she said. 

"Kelsey, what of they have a gun!" Justin exclaimed. He was a little extreme. 

"Come on," I said, tugging on her arm. 
Suddenly, the door opened and a tall, half-naked man stood in front of us, looking completely hungover. 

"Hi," he said in a low voice, squinting his eyes. 

"I'm Kelsey," she said. "This is Harlow and Justin."

"John," he said. "I don't mean to be rude, but why the hell are you here?"

"We were just going to introduce ourselves, we just moved in," I said. "Sorry that we woke up."

"Whatever," he said, rolling his eyes. "Look, I'm down with introducing ourselves, but it's early, and I'm hungover. We can chat later." He closed the door. 

"Well that was rude," Kelsey said as he walked off the porch. 

"We woke him up," I said. "Of course he's going to be rude."

"He was cute," Justin said. "He seems like your type, Kelsey."

Kelsey rolled her eyes. "He was alright. But my type of guy isn't rude." 

"Just wait until you get to know him," I said and she rolled her eyes. "By the way, our other neighbors invited us to a party tonight. We're going."

"Are they cute too?" Justin asked, and I laughed. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter, I know. I'm sorry. BUT I HOPE YOU LIKE IT:)))