Status: Active :)

Like We Did When We Were Young

I Like The Ones.

Kelsey’s POV-

We just returned home from out lovely visit, with our new neighbor, John. I plopped down on the couch, and sighed, while Harlow falls down next to me.

“Seriously, he is such a jerk.” I claim, throwing my hands in the air.

“Ugh, we’ve heard.” Harlow whined. “That’s all you’ve been saying, since we met him.”

“I’m sorry, but I am just so aggravated with his attitude. First he throws this wild ass party, keeping me up all night; next he acts like an asshole when we come over, trying to nicely introduce ourselves.”

“Oh, that was your intentions when you stormed over there?” Harlow remarked, with a smug smirk.

I rolled my eyes, and crossed my arms against my chest. “Well, close enough.”

“When I wake you up early, early for you being before 1:00pm, how do you react?” Harlow asked me.

“Uh, I love it.”

“Lies.” Harlow said. “You yell, hit, and throw pillows at me.”

“But I know you, so it is acceptable.” I smiled.

“Kelsey, just stop.” Justin said. “We all know you think he’s hot, I know I do. So do us all a favor and stop complaining.”

“Ugh, Justin!” I whined. “He is not my type; asshole is not my type.”

“Uh, Kels…” Harlow started, “Asshole actually is your type.”

“So my ex-boyfriends weren’t the best people in the world, I was young, sue me.” I defended.

“I’m going to go to the grocery store now, and you’re coming with me Kels.” Harlow stated, standing from the couch.

“But I’m lazy.” I whined, curling up on the couch.

“Too bad, get your ass up. Lets go.” Harlow demanded, hitting my arm.

“Fine, you didn’t need to get violent.” I said, rubbing my arm, while I got to my feet.

Harlow rolled her eyes, “Stop being a baby.”

We got back from the grocery store, with bags and bags full of food. After we put it all away, Harlow ran to her room. “I’m going to get ready for our other neighbors party!” She announce, excitedly.

“Wait, why are you so excited?” I questioned Harlow.

“No real reason just excited to get to know our new neighbors.”

“Oh I’m sure.” I placed my hands on my hips, as I said. “What’s his name?”

Harlow’s eyes grew wide, “Whose name? I don’t know what you are talking about.”

“Okay, I guess Ill find out later then.” I said, squinting my eyes at Harlow. “Lets get ready.” I walked in front of her heading to my room. My clothes weren’t completely unpacked yet, so I dug through my bags to find something to wear. I decided on my favorite pair of skinny jeans and a floral tank top. After I gave myself an approving nod in the mirror, I headed to find Harlow. I walked into her room, and she was just finishing up her hair.

“How do I look?” I asked her, while I did a little pose.

“Super cute!” She exclaimed. “What about me?” She asked, placing her hands on her hips. She had on high waisted black shorts, and a white lace tank, with a black collar, and matching black buttons.

“Not fair,” I groaned. “You look so much better than I do.”

“Thanks!” Harlow laughed. “Lets go see if Justin is ready, so we can go.”

***

We went next-door; the backyard was decently crowded with people, maybe 40ish people.

“Wow, they sure do have a lot of friends.” I said, scanning around the backyard.

“Popular guys.” Justin agreed.

“So, where is your little lover boy?” I asked, turning towards Harlow.

“He’s not my lover boy.” Harlow pouted.

“Yet.” Justin added, smiling.

“Haha,” Harlow said. “But seriously, don’t embarrass me. He is really cute, and I would like to get to know him better.”

“Don’t worry, we will be on our best behavior.” I reassured her.

“There’s Stephen!” Harlow exclaimed, smacking my arm.

“Oh, you are right, he is cute.” Justin said.

“I know, oh my gosh.” Harlow gushed.

I rolled my eyes, “Go talk to him.”

“Yeah, you know I’m going to.”

“Go for you.” I responded.

Harlow was smiling, but hasn’t moved a bit.

“Well, go.” Justin laughed, pushing her towards Stephen.

Harlow walked over to Stephen, while I stayed close behind.

“Hey.” Stephen said, when he spotted Harlow. “Harlow right?” He asked, with a small smirk.

“Yeah.” She replied.

“So, how are you liking the party so far?”

“It’s been pretty fun.”

“I’m glad, you are enjoying yourself. Can I get you a drink?” Stephen asked, Harlow.

“Um, yeah sure!” Harlow replied, following Stephen towards the brightly lit garage.

“Our little girl is growing up so fast.” Justin faked cried, on my shoulder.

“Yeah she is.” I laughed, moving away from Justin.

“Uh-oh, Kelsey.” Justin said.

“What?”

“Your new best friend is here.” Justin said, with a smug smile on his lips.

He pointed towards our other neighbor, John. He was standing with some other guys, holding a beer in his hand, and laughing.

“Ugh.” I rolled my eyes, looking away from him. “I don’t even know him, and I already hate him.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Laney and I decided to update every Friday or Saturday!

Thanks for subscribing and reading! .... Please comment?!