Status: Active :)

Like We Did When We Were Young

Oh my gorgeous Arizona.

Stephen handed me a beer, and I saw from the corner of my eyes out other neighbor John. I could also see Kelsey giving him death stares. I just hoped she didn't start something with him.

I didn't know what to say to Stephen. I wasn't much of a conversationalist, and neither was he, from what I gathered.

"So what do you do?" I asked.

"I'm in a band," he said. "I play bass."

"Oh?" I said. "Are you guys any good?"

"You should come find out for yourself, we're playing a show at the Martini Ranch," he said. "Next Friday."

"Hmm, I may need to move some things around in my schedule, but I'll make be there," I said with a smile.

"Perfect," he said, smiling. "So what do you do?"

"I work at a diner, and I'm starting school at ASU soon," I said.

---

"Where's Justin?" I asked Kelsey.

"I have no idea, he ran off with some guy," she said.

"Ah," I said. "See any cute guys here?"

"No," she said. "But I see you and Stephen are getting along quite well."

I looked down, hiding the redness that rushed to my cheeks. "Yeah, he's nice. By the way, we have plans next Friday to see his band play."

She chuckled, "Alright."

"I see you're friend is here," I said, nodding over to John.

She rolled her eyes, "Yeah, he is so fucking annoying."

I let out a sigh, "Sure he is."

"Let's go say hi," she said, a mischievous smile forming on her face.

"No, Kelsey, you've ha a bit to drink, I'm sure he has too, it's probably not best..." I said.

"Oh come on Harlow, there's no harm in saying hello!" she said.

She pulled on my arm, dragging me over to John, who was talking a guy with a very nice mustache.

"Hi," she said. "I'm you're neighbor Kelsey, this is Harlow."

"Oh yeah! You are the one that woke me up from my hangover," he said with a chuckle. "Thanks a lot for that," he said sarcastically.

"I'm Austin, by the way," the guy with the mustache said.

"Hello," I said.

"So what exactly was it you wanted to talk about?" John asked.

"Just thought we'd introduce ourselves," she said. "We couldn't help but hear your obnoxiously loud party the other night when we moved in."

He laughed, "Sorry about that, but between us and the guys here, it's something you'll probably need to get used to. Or you could just come and participate."

"We'll see about that," Kelsey said. "Well, it was nice chatting, but we should probably go," she said, dragging me away.

"Bye!" I managed to say.

"Why is he such a dick?" Kelsey said once we were out of earshot.

"He isn't, you guys just got off on the wrong foot," I said.

"That Austin kid is pretty cute," she said smiling.

"Yeah, but John's cuter," Justin said all of a sudden.

"Where the hell did you come from, Justin!"

"I've been around," he said smiling.

"Enjoying yourself?" I asked.

"Let's just say moving to Arizona with you guys is the best decision I've made!" he exclaimed.

I laughed, "I'm glad too."

"You're just happy because of Stephen!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorrrrrry this is so short and bad. I had no idea what to write!
Thanks to all who subscribe/comment.