Back Together

3/3

6 months have passed and Camille could not have been happier. Her job, though difficult is great, she loves her home, her friends are the best and her love life… well that just puts her over the moon. Matt had been that best boyfriend in the world and even if they were taking things slow, it could not get any better.

It was 10 in the morning, and Camille let out a groan when she heard her cell ring from the night table, especially after working late. She leaned over and grabbed it. She flipped it open and let out a yawn.

“Hello.” She replied sleepily.

“Hey baby. Did I wake you up?” She could hear Matt’s voice on the other end of the line.

“Yeah. I was up late going over my latest case.”

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s all right. I should probably get up anyway.” She said as she sat up and leaned against her headboard. She looked over at the other side of the bed at her new Shiba Inu puppy, Jewel. “What’s up?”

“I was just calling to see if you were busy later.” He asked her.

Camille sat there thinking and petting her dog trying to remember her schedule. “I don’t think I have anything planned for today. Why?”

“I have something planned for up tonight.” She could hear the smirk in his voice.

“Oh really?” She smirked back and allowed Jewel to come onto her lap.

“Yeah. Dress nicely and come over to my house at about 8:00.” He told her. “Is that okay?”

“Yeah. I’ll see you then.” She was going to hang up, but remembered the puppy. “Can I bring the puppy with me? I can’t leave her alone.”

“Yeah, you can bring her. She can hang out with Bella. I’ll see you then baby. Bye”

“Bye.”

They both hung up and Camille let out another yawn before starting to get ready for her day. She got up and lifted Jewel off the bed and placed her on the floor before making her way down the stairs. She let the dog out and filled her food and water while making some coffee and toast.

Camille leaned against the counter and looked around at her house. Her dining room table was covered in case files and take out containers. She saw clothes and papers littering the living room couches and tables. Camille shook her head and looked down at Jewel when she looked up at her.

“I should clean up in here before we head over to Matt’s, shouldn’t I?” She said to the dog, who just tilted her head and went back to eating.

Camille let out a laugh before finishing drinking her coffee. She put her dished in the dishwasher before starting on her house cleaning.

{FF: 9 hours}
Camille spent all day cleaning the house, as well as playing with and training Jewel. It was now 7 o’clock in the evening and she was getting ready for her night with Matt. As she was looking through her clothes, she couldn’t decide what to wear. She had already done her hair and make-up after taking a shower and now just had to decide what to wear.

She had come to the conclusion earlier in the day that she was going to take her and Matt’s relationship to the next level. So she decided to put on some lingerie. She got dressed in a dress and heels before grabbing Jewel’s leash and heading down stairs. Camille threw her phone and keys into her purse.

“Jewel! Come here!” She yelled out into the house and then whistled. Jewel came running into the room form the kitchen and sat at Camille’s feet. “Good girl.” She attached the leash and led her out the door.

Camille lead Jewel down the walkway after locking the door, and headed over to Matt’s. As she was walking up the pathway, Matt opened the door and met her about three quarters of the way..

“Hey baby.” He said as he pulled her into his arms and placed a kiss on her lips. But he pulled back when he felt Jewel jump at his leg. He looked down at her with a chuckle. “Why did you have to bring her again?”

“She’s just a puppy. She could get in a lot of trouble if she is left alone.” She laughed.

Matt nodded in understanding and grabbed her hand and led Camille inside. Once Jewel was unleashed she made her way upstairs, following Bella’s scent leaving Matt and Camille alone. Matt took her into the dining room and Camille let out a gasp when she caught sight of everything. Matt must have put a lot of work into this. She sat down and Matt came out of the kitchen with the food. He sat down and they started eating.

After dinner, they headed into the living room and cuddled up on the floor in front of the fireplace. Camille could tell that something was up because Matt was getting fidgety. She turned on her knees to face him.

“Are you okay?” She asked looking into his eyes concerned. “You are being really fidgety.”

Matt continued to look into her eyes and smiled at her. “I’m fine.” He placed a small kiss on her lips before continuing. “But I do have a question for you.” She nodded him, encouraging him to continue. “I know that we have only been together for six months, but we have loved each other for 13 years.” He smiled at her and she smiled back. “So it doesn’t seem like this is rushing at all.” He reached under the pillow that he was resting on and pulled out a tiny red box.

A gasp left Camille’s mouth and tears ran down her cheeks. “Matt…”

“I was going to propose years ago, but I never got the chance.” He said looking down and playing with the box. “I lost you one. I am not going to let that happen again.” He looked up into her eyes and held her hand. “Camille Rodriguez, will you marry me?”

Camille nodded her head rapidly while smiling. “Yes, yes, yes. Yes!”

They both laughed and Matt slipped the ring onto her finger and pulled her into a kiss. The kiss continued to get heated, until Matt was lying down with Camille on top of him, straddling his waist. Matt and Camille celebrated their engagement right there on the floor in front of the fire. They both couldn’t wait to start their future together… finally.