Status: Just something new(: Keep or Kill? Comments make me smile *hint hint*

Give Me The Chance To Be The Person I Want To Be

Chapter 2.

Teagan's POV
I was only 14 the day my family and I had relocated to Huntington Beach, California. You see, my father was a military man and his job required us to move a lot, which I thought was complete bull crap. Over the past few years we've moved a total of 15 times, but my parents reassured me this would be the last time we'd move for a long while. I still didn't trust their words completely, but to prevent the sake of argument, I just agreed.

Today was my first day of Huntington Beach High, as a freshman. Yay, isn't this going to be fun. I sighed as I gave one last look at myself before walking outside to the school bus that was waiting for me outside of our house.
I hopped up my ears meeting loud chatter of the students as my eyes scanned for an open seat. I decided to take a vacant seat beside a boy whom had dark brown hair that had lightly frosted tips, a blue sweater vest and some khakis. He didn't seem to notice me sit beside him, his eyes seemed to be glued to the mirror at the top of the windshield that gave a full view of the back of the bus. I tapped lightly on his shoulder smiling, my normal personality coming out with a bonus surge of confidence. Snapping back to reality he turned to look at me and I spoke up, "Hey there! I'm Teagan."
"Uhm hi Teagan," He spoke cautiously, eying me up and down suspiciously. "Look, if those kids in the back of the bus sent you up here to screw with me you can just leave. I already know I'm three things according to them," he sighed holding up a finger for every thing he named off. "A geeky, loner kid. Along with a few other names I don't feel-" I cut him off shaking my head.
"No, nobody put me up to this. I'm new here, just moved here from across the states. Even if they did, which they didn't, wouldn't I come up with a better way to confront you?"
Brian slightly before staring back up at the mirror.
"So what are you looking back at? You made it sound like you hate those kids in the back."
"Oh I do," he paused licking his lips, "but I'm not staring at the guys, I'm looking at the wonderful, popular, beautiful, gorgeous-"
"Get on with it!"
"Sorry," he put his hands up in defense, "Heather Dawson. Heather is the girl I've been staring at."
"Then why don't you ask her out?"
"Are you kidding me?" He yelled at me, his voice cracking but was lucky enough no one else could hear him over the other kids. I just shrugged my shoulders while he continued speaking, much quieter this time. "I'd love to ask her out. All I ever think about is her, but there's only two issues. One, she's a year older than me though, and second, you see that big guy next to her?" I nodded. Lets just say big was a bit of an understatement, for him at least, but he was bigger than Brian. He was over six foot, was well built and you definitely saw his muscles with the shirt he was wearing.
"That is Gabe Monte, star quarter back of the football team, also known as Heather's boyfriend. That guy can freakin' crush me with his pinkie finger. With him by her side there's no way I could ever snatch her under his wing," he sighed.
The bus had finally made it's finial stop at Huntington Beach High and Brian and I had made our way outside the bus. Even though I just met him, I felt a small connection. It somewhat pained me to see him upset and bringing himself down, but luckily a small light bulb lit up above my head.
"Hey Brian, you really like Heather huh?"
He gave me the 'look' before speaking up. "Of coarse I do! Haven't you been listening? I've been talking-"
"Okay, okay I get it, stupid question, but-"
"but what?"
"I may be able to help you, but we're going to have to do a few 'improvements'."
"Improvements?"
"Yeah, you know," I paused putting a hand on his shoulder, "the basics. Dying that grease trap on your head all one color for example, and switching your clothes up a bit. From me just meeting you today I can tell you have poor taste in clothes, I mean look at this sweater vest!" I yanked softly on the cotton cloth.
"Hey, hey I get it! My hair is a greasy, rat nest, I'm short, and wear sweater vests. How and when do we start?"
"How about this Saturday?"
"Sounds good!"
"and another thing we have to work on mister," I poked his cheek and winked as he swatted my hand away, "is your self confidence. The ladies do not like 'Debby Downers'."
"Yeah, yeah. So new student, what's your schedule like?"
"I don't know, old student! Wanna come to the office with me to find out?" He checked his watch that read 8:15 and said sure since we still had another 15 'til school started, and that’s how the rest of our time together went, that is until Saturday rolled around the corner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter two is out(: thoughts?