Status: New, Active: Most is already written.

Blitz

Chapter 03; The Bullet

POV: Elliot Kaden // Sept 2

So, History was going to be my favorite class. It always has been, but, somehow it was different learning it in an actual school. I guess that's because I’m not just stuck reading it. I get to hear it or watch it. We had watched a short film and then there was a small quiz on it. The teacher said I didn't have to take it, because I was new, but I knew all the answers.

Next on my list was Gym. I wasn't looking forward to this one. Sports were never my cup of tea. I wasn't even good at attempting to hit the ball when my dad had tried to teach me baseball years ago. How would I manage an A in this class?

Luckily I had also walked by the Gym around Fourth Period. So backtracking wasn't that hard.

I opened the heavy door to the gymnasium and looked at the empty room. Was I in the right place? Any class I had before the kids were in the room. This one was empty. Pulling out my schedule again, I matched the time, and class number. This was the right place. So where was everyone?

My feet led me inside the large room. I could hear small echos from my steps making it sound like I had a follower. It was creeping me out.

I finally noticed an adult, and walked over to the giant, bald teacher. Well, I guess he wasn't a giant exactly, but when you're only 5'7” and don't have any real muscles, a lot of people seem pretty big. And this guy seemed like he was at least 6'2”.

“You're the new student?” he asked in a deep voice that matched his appearance perfectly.

I simply nodded.

“You should go get changed.” he nodded to a door.

“For what?” I asked with a look of confusion. Why would I need to change clothes? Was I violating some kind of dress code? “I didn't bring any other clothes. I didn't know I was supposed to...”

The teacher laughed. He handed me a piece of paper with a combination and number. “Just put your bag in that locker, then come out. Next time, bring a change of clothes. Something you don't mind doing sports in.”

Oh, so the extra clothes were just for working out, basically. I wish I had known. Ah well.

I nodded, walking to the door he had motioned to. Upon opening it I saw all the kids I thought were missing. Some were half dressed, the others were either finished and talking, or just sitting around. Weird...

My piece of paper had the number I needed, and It was much easier to find this locker, than my school locker, i.e., I still haven't found that.

A couple rows from the door, and near the back half of the room I found my locker. After getting frustrated with the lock, it finally opened and I fought to shove my bag inside. Once that battle was over, I leaned against the locker filled wall and exhaled.

"Well, I’m flattered that you've missed me so much, but you really should get going to class." That boy from lunch earlier was standing beside me with a smirk on his face. And it startled me again.

Miss him? What?

“What are you talking about?” I asked, staring at him blankly. “I’m in class already.” I looked at the floor, then at Xavier. “Or am I missing something?” I pushed off the wall, looking at the clock above me on the wall.

Maybe I was doing something wrong? I thought the teacher told me to come in here... but I guess... Well I don't even really know what to do now.

"Just the fact that you're standing right next to my locker has something to do with it. But don't worry, I don't mind." He replied, his smirk growing.

So I was just in the way. Simple enough.

“Oh... I’m sorry...” I mumbled, moving further away. I thought a moment. “You're that random person from lunch earlier, huh?” I locked my eyes on his, making sure I was correct in my assumption. But his weird behaviors had already confirmed it.

"If you're referring to the crazy son of a bitch who attacked me, and then held me hostage, no." He paused. "No, I’m just playing. That was my friend Andrew. But yes, I was that attractive fellow that you had that marvelous conversation with."

What was his deal? Did he always act like this? I couldn't understand him at all.

“Oh, the weird guy who just sat across from me today.” I mused, then looking off at the wall a moment. “Are you always this cocky? Or is everyone in public school like this?” My gaze returned to Xavier.

"Are you from Atlantis?" Xavier asked in a serious tone. "And no, I was really just kidding. I know I look like a homosexual tulip. Why? Do you not have humor in Atlantis? I would understand why, since you guys got buried the fuck under or something, but then how would you survive..." He seemed to have trailed off in his nonsense.

All I could do was stare at him blankly a moment. Atlantis? Was he serious? Or was this a joke? Was he telling me I was the weird one?

My mind stopped for a moment, recollecting a few facts.

“Uh... Atlantis is a fictional place. It was just some story that was taken from the Egyptians and written by Plato.” I mumbled. “So it's impossible. I was home schooled is all. Up until this year...” I guess that could answer any question he could have meant to ask. But I still wasn't sure what he was talking about.

I thought another moment, picking apart his sentences. Homosexual tulip? Joking about what exactly? Being gay? “So you were pretending to be gay as a form of joking?” I didn't understand why someone would want to joke about that completely. I guess it could be entertaining, but, wasn't that kind of rude? To make jokes like that about people who were actually gay...

It's not that I feel offended, I’m just not the most comfortable with my sexuality. I know what I am... but saying it or even sometimes thinking about it, well, I just have a hard time.

“What? Spongebob... That fucking liar. How could he? He was like my childhood bootie call, you know?" He seemed like he was talking more to himself. But what did his rambling even mean? I couldn't understand one bit of that sentence except for maybe who spongebob was.

He seemed to forget what he was mumbling to himself, and answered my question. "Nope, got my rainbow flag right here." He pulled a small, rainbow flag out of his backpack and waved it patriotically.

Okay, so he was saying he was gay then. So he was joking around about something else, not the being gay part. Why was this so complicated? Trying to understand this guy was like trying to decode a special intelligence report, and they forgot to tell me how to decipher it. All random numbers and letters!

“Spongebob? That weird little sponge guy with the dumb as fuck starfish?” I laughed lightly. I could recall having passed it once or twice when looking for a good history channel. I watched it once to see what it was like. “You can't believe anything on that show.” I smiled lightly, then noticing a grin spread across his face. Mine disappeared, and it seemed to cause his grin to morph into a frown.

I decided to change the topic.

“You seriously carry around a rainbow flag all the time?” I scanned the room a moment. Another thing hit me. “Do we seriously have to get changed all in the same room?” I mean... I didn't really feel comfortable around people to begin with, so changing in front of them wasn't something appealing to me. Especially next to this guy...

"Of course I do." He said blankly. "Why so interested, thinking of joining our side?" His smirk reappeared, and it just made me confused. Joining their side? Who was 'they?' gay people? Did he think people could just become gay on some random day of their choosing?

"And yes, we do. Don't worry, I know most of these guys are hideous, so you can just stare at me for the time being," He said with a wink.

My face turned a bit pink as I stared at him blankly, and he grinned widely. Was he trying to make me feel embarrassed, or trying to find out if I was gay, or just teasing me?

“Who said I was gay?” I turned my head away, crossing my arms. How was I supposed to react to this? I didn't even know what he was trying to do! “I just am uncomfortable changing around a bunch of people. That's why I asked.”

"Alright." He stated, dropping the topic. And thank god he did. I didn't really want to deal with that. "If you really feel that uncomfortable, there are bathrooms over there you can change in" Xavier pointed in the direction of the bathrooms, and then just started getting changed. I wasn't going to stand here and talk to him while he did that. Just seems weird.

“Well, I actually didn't know I was supposed to bring clothes today... So yeah... I’m just going to go sit out in the gym.” I informed, glancing at him. This just felt awkward.

I headed out to the Gym seeing a few other students. I leaned against the wall waiting until the teacher called everyone over. We stood in lines while he did some type of roll call.

“Today you will be given a partner and play a two-on-two match of basketball. And you're not picking your partners!” he gave one of the students a look who had been grinning over at one of the other students. He returned his attention over to the teacher though, and groaned.

“Whenever I let you pick, you always end up goofing around.” He said, then returning to his clipboard. “I gave you a chance last week, so the partner you get today, is going to be your partner until I decide they should be changed.” He went through the list picking random people. It seemed like there was no real pattern, just people who had no clue who the other person was that would be getting stuck with them.

Of course, my day had been so wonderful already, that I knew exactly who I’d be stuck with. And unfortunately, my hunch was right.

“Xavier, you can be with Elliot. That should help you behave too.”

Really? I was stuck with the lunch-weirdo? Fucking awesome...

And the teacher failed in another way. He didn't know how to divide the class up to save his life. There were too many teams and not enough hoops.

Whatever, maybe I can just hide in the locker room and read my book. As long as work is done, it doesn't really matter what you do, right? Except being late to classes. I know you can't do that.

"Hey Elliot, let's go do something fun," he said, grabbing my arm and pulling me in some direction. Oh yeah, I forgot this guy probably isn't going to let me do that. And his idea of 'fun,' may be scary...

I gaped at him, confused, and tried to regain my balance. “We're supposed to play basketball.” I couldn't stand sports, I had said that earlier... But, I wasn't going to fail either. Furthermore, I never could understand this boy. “Are you always going to randomly show up or something? Jeez, you're like a fucking bomb or something...” You know, he always showed up out of nowhere, and then would talk a whole bunch or something. Either that or something unexpected happened.

He let go of me, then holding a look of hurt. "Fine, if you despise me so much..."

I groaned. I felt kind of bad, and I didn't want him thinking I judge people. “I never said that...” I kept my eyes locked on his brilliant, dark eyes. “What are we supposed to do? This is my first gym class.” I looked around the room, seeing everyone play.

I had heard of basketball, but I didn't know how to play. Everyone else seemed to know what to do. People would find me to be their weakest link in this class. Not looking forward to that.

Xavier regained his look of enthusiasm. "You're not missing much, trust me." He said as he pulled me towards the exit. Did the teacher care?

“So, we just leave gym?” I asked, pulling my phone out and looking at the time. “Are we allowed to do that? There is still 30 minutes of class.” I held up the phone with the time, trying to show him. He didn't even care, of course.

"Don't worry about it, the teacher will let it slide if I just tell him you wanted to explore the school or some shit. Teacher's here are suckers for new kids, especially one as cute as you." There he was again, acting strange. And that weird feeling from earlier was starting to return. I had to kill it.

"We are going to the most heaven like thing on this planet, and no, not Subway. The park! They just built this gigantic tunnel, and when you go in, the roof is as if you're in space. Stars, thousands of them!" He seemed to be getting really worked up about it.

I shook my head, finding him slightly annoying or entertaining. I wasn't sure which. “Am I missing something? Or are you like this with every guy?” I asked, trying to finally understand why he kept saying weird things.

"Only the cute ones" he replied. "Now let's go!!!" He started to walk again, and his legs were longer than mine, so I had to walk a bit faster to try and keep up. He seemed to be five or six inches taller than me, but I couldn't really tell which. We both had shoes on too.

“Do you just think you're that good? Or are you one of those people... oh... what is the word...” I thought a moment trying to match him to a political figure he reminded me of. I could vaguely remember a queen having several husbands. “A slut? Is that the right word... Hell... I don't even know. You know, one of those people who try to hook up with everyone. And we never established whether I was gay or not.” I noted, hoping he would get off that. I didn't really want to deal with it.

He stopped immediately and tensed. "You think I’m a slut?" he asked, eyes boring into mine then landed on the ground. "I guess we should go back then," he murmured. "And just so you know, I’ve only had sex once. And it wasn't a hook up either." He started to walk towards the building again.

I was confused. I didn't mean to upset him... However I managed that... And I didn't really need to know his sex life either.

“I don't understand how I upset you... But I don't despise you.” I laughed lightly. “I don't even know you.” I stood in place looking at Xavier. After upsetting him, I figured it'd be fair of me to go somewhere with him. That's how you cheer people up, right? “So... why are we going back to the place we just left?”

"You upset me by calling me a slut." he replied with a soft smile. So I should keep my thoughts to myself that are like that. Good thing to know. I just always liked being honest. But, I was wrong.

I guess my dad was right, I didn't know how to deal with people. But was it really a needed skill?

"And just so you know, I’m not trying to sleep with you. I'd like to get to know you, then MAYBE sleep with you, if you're interested." He added, and caused me to just gape at him. Did he really just say that? My stomach made me feel strange, and I didn't like it. There wasn't any point in that type of thing. I don't want any part of it. "Come on then. To the park we go!"

He pulled me with him again. I thought he was going to stop talking. I was proved wrong again.

"Oh, and before I forget, let's establish it now! Are you gay or not?"

Wasn't that kind of a loaded question? And why did he need to know? Suddenly, I felt like I was walking on a very thin line. This was a dangerous question... And I hadn't even bridged this with my dad. But it's not like I neither of us didn't know the answer.

“Uh... um... Well, I guess... I mean, I never dated anyone. I can’t really give a completely straight answer. There isn't much of a point to that, is there?” There was no way I could say that out loud... No way. Sure, I know I have never had an interest in girls... but... I cannot say that out loud.

"So you're gay." Xavier concluded, and completely ignored what I had stated. Fucking wonderful...

“Why does it feel like I just shot the archduke of Austria...” I mumbled to myself. This was going to start some annoying stream of events. And eventually lead to some type of war, wasn't it? “I don't see a point in dating, Xavier. So... If that is what you were planning... Really, don't worry about it.”

Maybe if I state this upfront, he'll back off.

"We'll see." Xavier mumbled with that all famous smirk returning to his face. What did that even mean? 'We'll see?' "Now come on!" He yelled grabbing my wrist once again. "We're only going to have a little while to play!"

“We'll see? What does that even mean?” I asked, trying to keep up with him. “That wasn't a 'give it a try,' that was a final, I don't date.'” I tried to tell him, while tripping on a branch that fell off the tree. I recovered, staring at Xavier who was just smirking. He enjoyed toying with me, didn't he?

He finally let go and went off to the swings. I walked to the swings slowly, sitting on one next to Xavier. “You like to confuse people.” I finally concluded, then checking my phone, and swinging only a bit. “I think you're more confusing than any event in history...”

"I do, do I?" He mused, with a tone of what seemed to be sarcasm. "History? Was never good at it, so I have no idea how high my level of confusion is to you."

Obviously...

“Then never mind. It is too much to explain.” I mumbled, looking forward. “Is there like... a History Club in this place? My dad said it would look good on a college application. So I need to join one if there is one.”

"Your dad? Uh huh... sure. Well I bet your DAD would be happy to know there is one, and not you." He seemed to be thinking about something. I didn't want to know what. Chances are it wouldn't be good.

“Oh, how do I go about signing up then? When do they meet?” I asked, looking at Xavier with a smile on my face. I can't lie; I was excited to join a club all about history. I had never been able to be around anyone that shared my interests.

"After school every day except Wednesdays and Fridays; just like any other after school whatever. And since it's not a sport, you just go to the room after school and ask. They'll more than likely say yes. I'll show you where it is sometime. Now lets go in the tunnel!" He hopped off the swing running towards a tunnel.

“Okay...” I got off, following Xavier again. “So it's okay we came here? And left class?” I asked once I had caught up and walked over to where he was sitting. I sat down beside him.

"Aw look at you, so concerned about your grades not knowing you can do whatever the hell you want with that cute face of yours." After he spoke, his attention shifted to the ceiling which, indeed, looked like there were thousands of stars.

I liked it. It felt calming.

“Well... I don't expect I can do whatever I want...” I mumbled, and smiled at him. “I guess this place is pretty cool.”

I hadn't noticed Xavier had his hand on mine until I went to move it. I leaned back on my hands, looking up. Why was his hand on mine anyway?

"It's amazing." He said in a light daze.

We sat there for a while. It was nice. And it was even nicer because he wasn't acting all hyper. He didn't exactly annoy me, but I was feeling like I should be cautious around him. I wasn't sure if he actually wanted to date me or if he was just teasing me... But I didn't like that feeling.

“How about we go back now? My dad needs to pick me up.” I announced after checking my phone. We were actually late to get back to the end of class... Hopefully I could still get into my locker and not make my dad wait too long.

He hesitated, but finally stood up. "That was fun." he stated. "Well, I had fun."

“It was interesting.” I noted, crossing my arms and started walking. I stopped abruptly, turning around to face Xavier, a serious expression on my face. I had to get this settled and out of the way. “And I was serious. I don't see any point in dating, okay? So don't try. You got that?”

I waited for him to say yes and walk off. He didn't. He stopped walking, and then moved to stand so close to me that I could feel his breath on my face when he was at eye level. He looked at me, eyes not leaving mine. “No.” He simply stated, then ran off to the gym.

I didn't bother to catch up. I just stood there for a moment, trying to understand how this even happened. My first day in class and I already was having issues...

This was definitely the start of some war... and I stupidly started it all... Just by telling him one thing.

Fuck...

I did just shoot the Archduke. Now here I stand, Serbia, pissing off Austria-Hungary.

Yay, fucking, me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is chapter 3! I may come back and edit this later. If I do, I'll make sure everyone knows!
I kind of posted this chapter in a rush, because I am now going to work!

Thanks, xnicolexgoesxrawrx, for your comment! I hope you'll continue to read! And yes, you were correct in my mistake. Die Schule is a feminine word and so Meine should have been used. I will correct it later! :3

<3 dice

We look forward to your comments! And we love our readers & Subscribers!