Status: The updates are coming, patient you must be.

Stuck in the "Friend Zone"

Chapter 14

After the show we all walked to the bar that Matt had mentioned before.
"Okay, we only have a couple of hours here. We have to be back on the bus by 2:00 which means we all meet outside at around 1:50. If one of you doesn't show up on time then we will leave you, and you'll have to hitch hike to the next venue. Got it?" Matt said.
"Yes, Matt we get it, now can we go?" Alex urged.
"Okay, okay we can go." Matt said and we all walked in. The other three bands were there already. I went straight for the bar and got myself a beer, and everyone else scattered. I observed the people around me, strangers and friends. Vinny was dancing all by himself, while Brian, from The Summer Set, and Zack were downing shots further down the bar.
"Hello Mr. Barakat." Cassadee said hopping up on a stool next to me.
"Hello Ms. Pope. How are you this fine evening?"
"Very fine, how about you?"
"Not too shabby! I've got my beer, my friends and the dream job." I said, smiling. "and I'm not being sarcastic." I added as an afterthought.
"I know that feeling bro! So wanna tell me what I walked into the other day?" She asked wiggling her eyebrows at me.
"What did it look like." I said, snorting.
"Well it looked like a very heated make out session with a one Mr. Gaskarth."
"Well then you know what was going on." I replied.
"So what does that mean for you two?"
"I'm not too sure. I think we're together, but with Alex it's difficult. Right now, I'm taking what I can get. I know it's not the best idea, blah blah but it's my 'for now' plan until I figure out a better one."
"Well as long as you don't get hurt, Jacky."
"Cass, come on, I'm a big boy I can take care of myself! I can deal with a little heartbreak when it comes down to it."
"Fair enough, Jacksickle."
Cass and I sat and talked intermittently throughout the night. Leaving each other to go socialize with other people for a bit but eventually we came back to our original seats.
"Jack, don't look now but there's a cute guy staring at you."
"Okaaay,..?"
"He's been watching you since we came in. You should go talk to him."
"Why?" I asked.
"Because he's a cute guy who seems interested."
"No,"
"Why not?"
"Alex."
"Oh don't give me that answer."
"Well how about another reason. I don't want to flirt with someone in a place I'll only be in for a few more hours."
"Jack Barakat, when has that ever stopped you!" Cass exclaimed. "Come on, I get that you're factoring Alex into this equation. But until you guys go public and become monogamous. What's the problem with talking to a cute guy for a few minutes."
I thought about it for a second then said "Okay, fine."
"Atta boy!" she said slapping my arm, then she walked off.
I took a deep breath, looked down the bar to see who Cass was talking about and walked up to him.
"Mind if I buy you a drink?" I asked.
"Sure." he replied, smiling.

ALEX

I watched Jack talking to a guy at the bar, and huffed. I guess it wasn't fair for me to complain but it bothered me, because we were together, albeit secretly. But in my slightly drunken state jealousy overshadowed common sense.
"Hey Alex, you okay?" Jeff asked.
"Yeah," I replied.
Jeff looked in the same direction as I was and chuckled. "Looks like Jack is already comfortable with picking up dudes. You've got some competition Lex." Jeff joked.
I just grunted as a reply, then took a sip of my drink. I was going to break whatever was going on, I don't care how innocent it is, as selfish (and creepily possessive) it is, I wanted Jack to myself.

JACK
"Because I bought you a drink, do I get a name?" I asked.
"Ben," He held out his hand.
"Jack" I replied, taking his hand and shaking it.
"So, Jack, what exactly do you do for a living?" Ben asked.
"I'm in a band actually, we're touring right now."
"So you're not from around here."
"No I am not."
"Well where do you hail from them."
"The wonderful town of Baltimore."
"Oh I've been there. Nice town. What's your band called?"
"What is this, twenty questions." I teased.
"Only trying to get to know a pretty boy." he smirked.
"I prefer the words handsome." I replied, " and my band is All Time Low" I held my breath hoping he wouldn't know who we were.
"I've hear of you guys, but not really my music style, sorry. I'm kind of an indie dude when it comes to music."
"That's okay, I'm kind of glad you don't know who we are to be honest. But enough about yours truly, what do you do for a living."
"It's going to sound so stereotypically gay but I'm a model for a clothing line, and do other stuff for them.
'Nice! What clothing line."
"Glamour Kills, perhaps you've heard of them."
"You're fucking kidding me!"I exclaimed. "heard of them?! I have my own line on GK, how have I not heard of you before!"
"I'm new, I actually just got the job, I'm leaving for New York in about a week. This was my own little celebration before my friends decided to throw a huge going away party. I'm not big on big social gatherings."
"This is seriously the fucking coolest thing ever! What a fucking small world!" I said, still in shock.
"Yeah. you got any warnings for me?" he asked.
"No way, it's awesome there, they're like one big happy family. It'll be an awesome thing to be a part of." I answered.
"Well now I don't have to worry about that." Ben answered.
"Trust me it'll be awesome to work there." I assured him one more time.
"We should totally exchange numbers and you can tell me how it's going, down at the GK Head Quarters. I don't get to go down there as often as I want."
"Yeah totally, can I see your phone?"
"Sure," I pulled out my iPhone and handed it to him, he made himself a contact and said
"I expect a text later."
"Seriously this is the coolest thing that has happ-"" but I was cut off by a body sitting on my lap and blocking my view of Ben.
"Umm Alex, get off of me." I said.
"No," he mumbled and tucked his head under my neck, and Ben's face appeared looking a little confused.
"Umm this is-" I began to say but Alex cut me off
"I'm his best friend/gay lover."
"Ohh, okay." Ben replied, looking a little confused.
I rolled my eyes at Alex. "Stop being a jealous dickhead." I said, in what I hoped sounded like a joking manner, but honestly I was a little pissed.
"Hey Jack, Alex. Time to go!" Matt called, from by the door.
"Well, I got to go, but honestly it was awesome talking to you." I said to Ben.
"Yeah, nice talking to you too." Ben said smiling. "Nice to meet you too Alex."
"Whatever." Alex replied, then he pulled me towards Matt and the rest of the band and crew before I could utter an apology to Ben who looked pretty confused and possibly a little hurt.
♠ ♠ ♠
This did not come out how I planned it but I kind of love it.
But I do have a question for y'all and I REALLY would like an answer. This Ben guy, would you like him to stick around? Or would you like him to be some crazy small world accident. Because he was only planned to make Alex jealous but then turned into someone that had potential to be a kind of important character.
Also I have 50 subscribers which makes me incredibly happy because I didn't expect anyone to like this at all! I love you and thanks for reading the story! Alex hugs and Jack boners all around! Well I'm going to end this really long Author's note now. Adios! <3