Status: The updates are coming, patient you must be.

Stuck in the "Friend Zone"

Chapter 17

Alex and I were cuddling in the back lounge, watching a movie when Alex's phone started to ring. Alex took his phone out of his pocket and checked it. "Can't you leave it?" I whined.
"It's Rachel," he replied.
"Can't you call her back after the movie?" I asked.
"I haven't talked to her lately, I'm sorry." he said. He stood up from the couch, and walked into the bunk area, answering the phone with a "Hey Rachel!"
I sighed. We had 3 days left on the tour before we went back home, and I was getting worried, I figured it was time to talk to Alex about the situation we were in and see where we stood. We danced around the question all tour, and as the tour was coming to an end it was time to face the problem that was now at hand. We just had to work up the courage to do so.
I sighed again then just turned off the movie. I figured Alex wouldn't be coming back for a while and I didn't feel like finishing the movie anymore. I walked to my bunk and climbed in, I could hear Alex talking and laughing with Rachel over the phone.
"I missed you too babe… yeah everyone's doing fine! Ready to go home I think… yes I've been taking care of myself, you sound like my mother!" I hear Alex say.
I would like to say it didn't bother me, but it did. I knew that no matter how many times Alex and I kissed, cuddled, and fucked. He still wouldn't be mine. He was Rachel's and Rachel was his. No matter how hard I tried to block out their conversation, or Alex's end, I couldn't I kept listening and it hurt.
Then I felt the bus lurch to a halt. Signaling that we had arrived our destination.
I heard from Alex's bunk: "I gotta go. The bus stopped and we have to get all of our stuff to the hotel we're at tonight then get to the venue I love you… I'll call one more time before the tour ends promise… okay maybe not promise, but I'll try my best."
That's when I decided, tonight would be the night that we would finally talk this crazy messy relationship out. I couldn't go on with this not knowing. Whether Alex followed through on his promise to me, or completely bailed at least I would know and I could move on with my life.

It was after the show when everyone was in their own room and settling down for the night when I dropped the bomb. Alex and I were sitting in our respective beds. Alex reading a book and I typed away at computer, pretending to be busy. I had been trying to work up the courage to talk to Alex all night but it had seemed to fail, but I needed to do this before the end of the night so before I could speak I said "Alex."
He looked up, "Yes?"
"I have a question for you." I replied.
"Shoot," he said, sliding a bookmark into his book and setting it down. Sitting cross legged on the bed facing me.
"So do you remember when a few weeks ago we went to that bar?"
"Umm, I think I do, ya."
"Well that night when we went back to the bus, I was kind of mad at you."
"Oh no, what did I do?" he asked, looking like he was a little embarrassed.
"You didn't really do anything. You were just being kind of rude and I was annoyed. But we talked it out and then you promised me something." At that moment I looked away and stared at my hands picking at invisible dirt underneath my nails."You said that, that at the end of this tour you would break it off with Rachel. Did you mean that?" I looked up and the look on Alex's face was not promising.
"Jack… I was drunk." He said.
My heart sunk "Yeah, I know but… I don't know I thought you meant it. You pinky promised."
"Jack, you don't really believe in pinky promises do you?" Alex looked at me with a mix of guilt, sympathy and a little pain. "I'm sorry Jack, I shouldn't have said what I did."
"Whatever, I didn't really expect you to follow through anyways." I said, standing up.
"Jack, I really am sorry. You're my best friend though."
"How short sighted can you be Alex?! I liked you! The first person I only really liked in a long time, my best friend and to you I'm just your friend and a part time fuck buddy! I opened up to you. Told you I liked you against my own better judgement because I thought you would either ignore it and say you only liked me as a friend, or you would feel the same way as me and we could have something. But instead you just sent mixed signals, confused me and fucked me over! That's not what friends do! If you didn't want this why didn't you just tell me?! Instead of toying with me and pretending we could go back to normal after this tour was over. You could go back to Rachel, and I'd pick of any dude that I could have. No, Alex, just no! Come talk to me when you figure out what you actually want. Until then stay the fuck away from me." With that, I stalked out of the room and down to the hotel lobby.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yo, looks who's back for another update in the same week! Yours truly! :D I thought I'd give you one more before I went back to school and got sucked in.

So here ya are!

Please comment, thank you! Byeee *huggle*