Status: The updates are coming, patient you must be.

Stuck in the "Friend Zone"

Chapter 4

“Thank you so much for coming out, it was so great seeing all your beautiful faces. And if that area over there could give us Jack back, we need him for the next show. Sorry!” Alex said from the stage, pointing to the area where I was just laying on top of all the fans.
A security guard helped me out of the pit and back onto the stage. “Well adios St. Louis!” Alex finished up.
“Drive safe!” I added, then ran off stage.
I ran back to the bus to change shirts because the one I was wearing was disgustingly sweaty, then I went back out to sign some stuff for fans. We did our round of taking pictures, signing stuff, and small talk with fans, then Matt was ushering us back to the bus. As we all got into the bus, Alex went straight for the fridge and pulled out an extraordinary amount of beer. He handed us each one, and we all began to drink.
2 hours, and a surprising amount of alcohol later we were all blissfully drunk. We sat around the bus talking and joking and having a good time. There was a silence after a huge bout of laughter that was caused by Vinny accidentally spilling his beer all over himself (it’s Vinny, somehow he managed to do that.) Then I broke the silence by saying “Guys, can I tell you something?”
“Course you can Jack.” Alex replied.
“Promise not to think of me differently?” I asked.
“Jack, no matter what you say we won’t think less of you.” Zack encouraged.
“Unless you say you want to quit the band to follow your dream of being a porn star. Then I might have to reconsider that statement.” Matt chimed in.
I took a deep breath then said “I’m gay.”
They looked at me for a second, then Matt said “Okay.”
“You guys aren’t going to make a big deal about it?” I asked.
“Well what do you want us to do? Kick you out of the band and preach that you’re going to hell?” Rian said.
“No, I just mean, you don’t care?”
“Why would we Jack, you’re our Jack and we love you no matter what.” Alex said giving me a hug.
“I’m not too surprised anyway.” Zack commented.
“Thanks Zack.”
“I didn’t mean it in a bad way, I meant. Oh you know what I mean!” he said waving his hand as if swatting at flies.
I just laughed and said “Yeah, I get it.”
“Well, I’m off to bed, and hopefully I won’t wake up with a hangover, and I’ll be able to do my job correctly. If I can’t, I’m blaming you assholes.” Matt said then walked off to the bunk area where people had been trickling off to as the night went on.
"You could have just not given into the peer pressure. Come on Matt, just say no!" Alex said giggling.
“Night Matt,” I called.
“Goodnight Jack.” He replied.
“I think I’m going to follow him, night y’all.” Rian said.
“I’m with them, I am really tired.” Zack said then he followed after.
"I am going to follow the crowd. Vinny Vegas, out!" Vinny said, then he stumbled off.
Now it was just me and Alex. “So Jack, you got any boy crushes?” Alex asked me.
“No,” I lied.
“The slight blush in your cheeks says otherwise. But if you don’t want to tell your best friend that’s fine.” He said.
“Don’t even go there Lex.” I said chuckling.
“But for real, do you?” he asked again.
“Yes,” I admitted.
“Ooooh, who?” he inquired “Are they in one of the bands?”
“You are such a girl! And I’m not going to tell you anything else.”
“So they are in one of the bands on this tour.”
“I never said that!” I replied incredulously.
“But you implied it!” Alex pointed out.
“I did no such thing! But if you want to keep thinking that then by all means go ahead. But I am going to bed.”
“Me too,” he said, and followed me.
We climbed into the bunks across from each other. “Goodnight Jack,” Alex said from across the aisle, “and remember you are still my best friend no matter what your sexual orientation is.”
“Thanks Alex,” I said smiling.
“No problem. Well, goodnight.” He said.
“Night,” I replied. As I listened to Alex’s breathing even out, and Vinny’s quiet snoring. I smiled, knowing that I had been kind of ridiculous thinking that my friends would think of me differently when I told them. Then I thought of Alex and the smile slipped from my face, I scolded myself for not telling him the truth about my feelings. But then my brain reminded me that it wouldn’t matter anyways because he didn’t like me like that. So rolling over to face the wall of my bunk I drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was a lot longer than the other chapters. Which I am pleased about. I am actually surprisingly happy with this chapter. Most of it turned out pretty well, I think.
But that's just my views on it. What I want to know is what do YOU think? Sadly I am not Professor X and I can't read your minds so if you could leave a comment and tell me what you think that would be fantastic! Also subscribe if you haven't already, it would make me a very happy camper! :) Thanks for reading!