Status: The updates are coming, patient you must be.

Stuck in the "Friend Zone"

Chapter 7

“Ya know, guys this is one of the biggest crowds I’ve seen in Chicago.” Zack commented into the mic.
“Yeah, it’s the biggest one I’ve seen.” Alex agreed.
“That’s what she said.” I said, not being able to hold it back.
“I’m getting kind of sick of your dick jokes, Jack.” Alex said.
“Fuck you,” I said. “Want to know what we should do? We should have the biggest orgy in Chicago.”
“Nahh, Charlie Sheen’s having a bigger one down the street.” Alex replied.
“Dammit, oh well.”
“Anyway, you okay?” He asked.
“I’m fine.” I replied
“We had a little bit of a spat there, sorry about that.”
“It’s cool,”
“Want to hug it out?”
“No, it’s fine.”
“Come on, let’s hug it out.” Alex walked toward me and wrapped me in a hug then pulled away and kissed me on the lips.
Sure enough my heart felt like it was weightless for a second.
Alex walked back to his mic as the crowd cheered and said “It’s all love.”
I just adjusted my mic stand, trying to calm my heart before I got a heart attack on stage.
After the set we headed back to the bus and while the rest of the guys hung out in the front lounge messing around and laughing I faked a head ache and went to my bunk. It was dark and cool in there, and calming in a way. I put my earphones in and drowned out the noises coming from the front of the bus with Blink. I let out a long sigh, and drifted off to sleep.

“Jaaaaaaaaaaack!” sang Alex ripping open the curtain to my bunk. “Come on, get up! It’s almost two in the afternoon and I’m bored, everyone else left to go do cool things.”
“Why didn’t you go do cool things.” I muttered turning away from him.
“Because I wanted to wait for my BFF to wake up so we can go do cool things!”
“Well you waited in vain.” I said.
Alex, noticing something was wrong jumped up and sat on my bunk. “What’s up?”
“Nothing, I muttered.”
“Oh don’t lie to me Barakat, I know you better than anyone! I know when something is going on.”
“It’s nothing.” I insisted.
“Come on bro, talk to me. It’s Alex, remember? Your best friend, the one who let you puke in his brand new shoes because there wasn’t a toilet anywhere. You can talk to me about anything.”
I just buried myself deeper into the sheets. Alex sighed and threw back the sheets to crawl in next to me.
“What’re you doing?” I asked.
“Well if you’re not going to move then I’m going to join you. Somehow I’m going to get this out of you.”
“It’s not that big of a deal Alex, drop it!” I insisted. “Let’s go do something if you really want to.” I tried jumping out of the bunk, but Alex stopped me. He is one persistent motherfucker.
“Jack, you are my best friend. I know when something is really bothering you; and this seems major. Why can’t you just tell me? I hate seeing you like this, man. I don’t like seeing my friends hurting. So for the sake of my sanity tell me what’s wrong!”
I could hear the blood pounding in my ears, and my heartbeat sped up. My mouth went dry, and my hands got clammy, this was my chance to tell him. Before I could stop myself one word slipped from my mouth. “You,” I muttered.
“Huh?”
“You, you and your eyes and hair and smile and voice!” I said.
“I don’t-“ he began to say, but I interrupted him.
“I like you, Alex! The way I act isn’t just me joking, I like you!” The moment those words left my mouth I regretted it.
He sat there for a second drinking it all in. After a long while he sighed, “Jack, you’re my best friend, and I have Rachel.”
“I know, I never expected you to feel the same way. You’re too straight.” I said a tiny smile appearing on my face.
He wrapped his arms around me and held on tight.
“I’m sorry, Jack.”
“Don’t be, I never thought anything would happen anyways.”
“Want to go play some Mario Kart?” Alex asked.
“Is that the only game we have in this bus?” I asked.
“Sadly yes, there is a serious need of a gaming run at some point.” Alex explained.
The both of us climbed out of my bunk and headed to the front of the empty bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
That concert scene was actually real. That was my first All Time Low concert, and it was amazing! I got a Jalex moment for my first concert, I got lucky! Here's a video of it just in case you're curious. Le Video! Also that isn't my video!

Well you know ze drill, please comment! It would make meh happeh! Shmanks for reading!