Molly Was a Good Girl

Number 11

As the spell was broken and the people started to mill around again, Faye took my hand and drew me to the bar. She looked at me quizzically for a moment, before nodding then asking the barman for a triple rum and coke. I was already feeling a little bit tipsy, the drink that I had had before was the first taste of alcohol I had ever had; it was starting to take effect already, and my thoughts were feeling a bit less lucid. It was then that i realised just what I was doing...

-I was at a party
-My parents didn’t know I was at this party
-I was at a party where there was alcohol being served to minors
-I was a minor, drinking
-I had just thought bad thoughts about a boy
-A girl had just grabbed my bum
-I had no idea where Dury was...

I had no idea where Dury was.

Oh, dear...

I looked around me frantically, he had told me to stay close to him and I had wandered off in a state of complete oblivion because of the music. He was actually nowhere in sight, and i was just starting to panic when a smooth but slightly hoarse voice washed over my mind.

“Calm down love, you look like someone’s got a hit on you...”

I looked over my shoulder and met these beautiful eyes. I was going to congratulate him for his set, but my mouth just wouldn’t seem to work. I mentally slapped myself for being so stupid, and tried to remember all of the social skills my mother had taught me over the years. I decided on the most ridiculous one she had ever taught me- how to talk to the Queen. I turned to face him, and smiled politely.

“Oh, no I was just trying to find my dear brother. Congratulations on a wonderful performance!”

He snorted slightly, obviously trying to restrain the giggles that were obviously going to erupt from his mouth at any second... I could have actually died, right then and there. I was making such a fool of myself and I was so damn glad that the lighting was dim in the room, because at that point I could have easily blended into the telephone box outside. I smacked myself in the forehead, and then took a long drink from the glass that had been pressed into my hand by a drunken Faye moments before.

“It’s okay, dearie,” Bert put his hand over mine on the table. “Most girls get nervous when they meet a star like me!” He put his hand on his chest and looked at the ceiling, before catching my eye and winking. I suddenly relaxed, and realised that this was a guy who had probably had his fair share of embarrassing social accidents. There was probably nothing I could say that would make him think I was anything but the normal girl I was.

Or was I normal? I didn’t know anymore. I used to think I was normal, that normal girls stayed at home and cooked the dinner and sewed as a hobby and things like that. But the years of torment from my peers had knocked that about slightly, and now I was in a room full of the real normal people. The people who went out to parties and drank and smoked and had fun with their friends and had parents who they fought with... I needed to be like this. I was tired of pretending to enjoy my life, I wanted to be my own person.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going to be a nasty person... :p

No update till I get a couple of comments. I don't know if people actually like this or not so yeah. please comment? Concrit is much much much appreciated.

i love my subscribers <3 all 10 of you! aha.