Molly Was a Good Girl

Number 9

I didn’t really know what to do. There was people everywhere, and the group of people I had just been introduced to seemed to have dispersed and merged into the growing crowd. Dury was nowhere to be seen. I was worried, to say the least, and it must have shown. I heard a soft, smooth voice coming from behind me.

“Your first time here?”

I wheeled around and saw a guy about two years older than me. He was of medium height, with dark hair and eyes to match. The silver hoops and studs in his lip, eyebrow and ear caught what little light there was in the room and made him sparkle in an eerie kind of way. You could tell by the way he was standing that he was extremely confident, and he had a way of looking at you that made you just want to melt...

“Um, yes... how did you know?” I stuttered slightly, not knowing what to say. A small chuckle escaped his lips.
“Well, you’re standing on your own with no drink looking like a rabbit stuck in the headlights, and you’re standing in my spot.”
“Oh! I’m sorry! I’ll leave now! Oh gosh!” I jumped to the side, wondering where the boundaries of people’s “spots” started and ended. I was making a complete fool of myself, I knew it. That small chuckle returned, and this boy placed his hand on my arm.
“It’s okay, chicka. Calm down, I’m not going to bite you. Everyone looks lost the first time they come here. What’s your name? You seem different to the other girls who frequent these kind of parties...” He furrowed his brow and looked like he was in deep thought.
“M..My name’s Molly. I’ve lived in Beechwood all my life, I just don’t get out much... Dury Endicott is my brother...”
“I thought you reminded me of someone. Well, miss Molly Endicott, as lovely as it has been talking to you I must dash. Things to do, people to see. See you around sweet thing...”

And with that, he was gone. I was baffled, to say the least. “sweet thing”? The thought of his dark eyes made my heart flutter, and I must have looked a bit gormless because I heard a loud, girlish giggle exploding from Faye somewhere to my right.
“You look like you just saw a really hot ghost! Come on lovie, let’s get you a drink. The band’s about to start playing. They’re amazing, the lead singer’s just the shizz... he’s called Bert. Honestly, he’ll make you just want to jump up and fuck him right on the stage...”
A dreamy look came over her eyes, and she wandered off only to return in a few minutes, pressing a drink that looked like cola but smelled quite different into my hand. She took my other hand and pulled me around the crowd and right in front of the stage. I was about to complain about the person who was breathing very heavily down my neck, but a loud guitar riff pulsed through the air and took me by surprise. I looked up, and found two dark eyes staring down at me, before the owner of them picked up the microphone and screamed like he had just been shot in the foot.

My heart stopped.