New Neighbors

Part One Of Two

"Hey Mom."

"Hey Michael. How was school today?"

"High school sucks Mom." I roll my eyes.

"Oh don't give me that teenager attitude."

I just roll my eyes again.

"Michael Martinez." My Mom warns me. "Oh we have new neighbors. I want you to go meet them."

"Now?"

"Yes, now. So go."

"Fine." I walk out the door again and roll my eyes. Mothers are so demanding.
****
"Hi there. I'm Michael Martinez. Your new neighbor. My Mom wants me to welcome you to the neighborhood."

"Oh, hi. I'm Mrs. Crow and this is my Daughter Liz."

I try to not stare as the teenage girl as she walks into the hall. She's so beautiful. Is it just me or is she walking in slow motion? Whoa! Mike, snap out of it! "Hi." I smile.

"Hi." Liz waves at me.

"Uhh, so welcome to Poway, blah, blah, blah. If you ever need anything, just cross the fence. Martinezs always have open arms."

"Will do. Thank you Michael." Mrs. Crow smiles.

I nod and go back home.

"So did you meet them?"

"Yes Mom."

"Weren't they so nice?"

"Sure. What's for dinner?"

She frowns at me. "Hot dogs. Go do your homework."

"Sure." I grab my backpack and go upstairs to my room.

After 10 minutes of trying to do my homework I give up. All I can think of is that new neighbor Liz. So beautiful, just like an angel. I throw my pencil on the floor and open my window. "Hey there! Liz, right?"

My beautiful new neighbor drops her box and turns to the window. "Oh geez! You really scared me! Yeah, Liz. Short for Elizabeth. Michael, right?"

"Call me Mikey. But I'm really sorry. You did look frightened."

"Ehh, it's all cool. So, how old are you?"

"17. You?"

"16. Birthday?"

"August fourth. You?"

"July fourth."

"Cool. So where do you come from?"

"Australia."

"Cool! I've been here all my life. I'm sure you'll love Poway. It's kinda a small town but you'll be surprised at home much it has to offer."

"Can't wait to explore then."

"Maybe I could give you a tour of Poway."

"That would be nice." She smiles.
♠ ♠ ♠
Part One Of Two.