Status: A work in progress.

Origin

Embrace the Unconsciousness

I woke up in an empty room. Where am I? What am I doing here? I knew my name, of course. But my mind just seemed so foggy. I don't remember anything that happened in the past year. The walls around me were colored in a desolate white. It was as if I had woken up in another dimension. The only thing in this room was this bed. Suddenly I realized this room that I was in was closed off by a large metallic door. I almost feel so jaded, so fatigued and queer.

I suddenly hear voices coming from behind the door. I then make my way tentatively towards it to place my ear up against the cold, steel door. It feels so frozen, but I know whatever was on the other side of this door awaits my fate of finding out all the answers to the questions that ran threw my mind by the time I woke up.

"The experiment" said one voice.
"We need to run a few tests. He may be unstable," another one spoke in a much higher, and more strict tone of voice.
I was puzzled, so confused at what I just heard. "Experiment... Tests?" What exactly is going on here? I questioned to myself several times on what these people meant by those words. I soon dropped to the floor to get a better look underneath the steel door. Unfortunately, my discovery was filled with disappointment. What I could see were just two pairs of feet opposing each other.

Suddenly a loud screeching sound came from the other side of the steel door. One of them had just pulled the latch on the other side. I began to fear, "It was them! They're coming." I panicked. I tried to look around the room to find a place to hide myself, but to my horror, there was nothing that was effective, or fitting enough to keep myself out of sight. My heart began to race even faster. I became overwhelmed with many thoughts and emotions. I didn't know what I was doing here. I don't even know who those people are. Were they good or bad? I began to sweat. Then all of a sudden, the door began to swing open.

* * *

I stood there watching like a lost puppy. So dumb, and naive. All the thoughts I had seconds ago were pushed to the back of my throat, as if I were ready to swallow any pill they were about to throw at me. The only thing that was left for me to do was to accept my fate.

"There he is. He's awake. Get him," ordered an old man wearing a long white lab coat, with long gray hair, and glasses. Two heavy muscular men cornered me at the side of the room. "Hurry, we don't have much time." They quickly grabbed ahold of me, and strapped me to a gurney bed. "Wait!" I shouted, as I tried to plea with them, but I was too slow to even get a full sentence out. They had strapped me to the mechanism, restrained, and unable to break free. I tried as hard as I could to scream, but they had taped my mouth shut. I was living in a nightmare. I didn't know who these people were, or what they were going to do with me. All I know is that my memory for the past year has somehow become a void of nothingness.

I was soon wheeled down in what looked like a lifeless hallway.
"To the bunker!" The scientist ordered, as I was being wheeled in this gurney bed, trying every thing I can to get myself free. While I was being moved down this hallway, I noticed how peculiar the other bystanders were. They were wearing those long white lab coats and staring at me, as if they knew what was about to happen.

We entered the main bunker room. Inside, I noticed a large computer filled with flashing lights, and strange numerical codes on the main screen, as if they were a foreign language. I also saw chemical substances that were concealed inside tubes, and capsule containers. It was like a laboratory.

The main leader behind the whole operation was Dr. Zue. I took the time to analyze his name tag that was written across his lab coat. The two heavy muscular men who escorted me from my room were guarding the exit area of the laboratory, as if they were trying to prevent any sudden intrusion. The expression written across their faces were stone-faced, and motionless, almost as if they had been brainwshed and turned into robots. Dr. Zue had exchanged some words with the scientist that I saw earlier. He then approached the mainframe computer. Standing in front of the computer, Dr. Zue had started to push several keys on the control pad. They soon placed suction cups on my body, which connected to a machine, and to an obstruction of chemical tubes. I watched closely as the bubbles drifted up and down in the clear coral-colored liquid. I realized I was completely submissive to resist anything, and that I was possibly moments away from breathing the last breath of oxygen into my lungs. I had only been living for just a mere ten minutes, and death was waiting for me on the other side.

After a minute, a sudden feeling began to submerge and circulate throughout my blood. It was that machine, and Dr. Zue was behind it all. I could feel the extreme force of energy racing to and fro. I had no end, no power to control it. I was the subject to an evil mind. My veins felt like they were constricted. My blood was attenuating. This unusual force was taking over me. I knew that I wasn't dying. I was only changing. They were using me as a test dummy for their experiment. But what was I transforming into? What monster will I become? I would soon await my salvation on the other side, and I would rise to greet it. I could remember nothing in my memory for the last year. Instead of screaming in agony, I welcomed this newfound energy that took over me, and I would use it to reap my own injustices that I deem unsatisfactory. I was not a monsters. I had become the evolved form of a stronger, more intelligent human being.