Status: In progress

Arranged Marriage to a Vampire...How Cliche.

Chapter 2- New places, New people

-Zoe Point of View-

The car ride was calm, yet, boring. I was so bored so, pulled out my iPod from my pocket, and then turned it onto shuffle.

The first song to come on was ‘Terrible Things’ by Mayday Parade. I shifted my body towards, the window in the car, I watched the cars go past as I listened to the sad song.

***

The sound of crunching gravel broke me away from my music to the road ahead of us. When we reached a beautiful house that I thought could never exist ever.

Opening the car door, I took a hesitant step out, hearing my feet crunch on the gravel.

Unexpectedly the door flew open with a man and women standing in-between the doors.

They smiled at me and both came bounding down the steps without that much effort at all, like they were floating on air, to be clichéd. When they had reached me, I finally got a better look at them.

The women, was probably in her mid-thirties and had brown, almost black hair and her eyes were a striking blue. Almost like the ocean, but, with a hint of green in them. The man was about the same age as her, but, man was he tall. He had the same dark hair, but, it had a few strands of grays here and there, but, overall he was a good looking man with his brown, almost black eyes.

“Hello Zoe, I’m Roza or Mom, whatever you would like to call me, but, please don’t call me Mrs.
Smith it makes me feel old.” She, Rosa, pulled me into what seemed like a bone crushing hug.

I simply patted her back until she let me go and held me at arm’s length.

“Darling, hasn’t she grown since the last time that we have seen her?”

“Yes, she has and what a beauty she has become. Oh, sorry to be rude, I’m Alec or dad if you would prefer. Well let’s go and get you settled.” He grabbed all of my bags in both of his arms.

The outside didn’t compare to the interior, it was so stunning it took my breath away. The décor was astounding and done wonderfully. I may not know much about décor but I know something beautiful when I see it.

Alec, put my bags by the bottom of the staircase then left them there.

“Zak will be down soon to take your bags to his room, which you will be sharing.” He turned and faced me with his very calm expression.

“Why can’t I have my own room? I kind of enjoy my privacy, and the quietness that comes with it.”

“Honey, we are only doing this because we only want you and Zak to get to know each other before your wedding.” Rosa looked at me with her sparkling eyes that could captivate anyone.

“Oh, umm, okay I guess.” I didn’t say more but kept my eyes on other things and not them.

Rosa and Alec talked in soft whispers and I couldn’t make out what they were saying any way, so I just ignored them and continued to look around.

-Roza Point of View-

I was so happy that Zoe finally is here. I have been waiting for over ten years for this. When we got into the house, Zoe’s face was priceless. I could tell she liked the house so far, I had designed it myself.

Alec set Zoe’s bags by the end of the staircase; I hoped that Zak was coming down pretty soon.

“Zak will be down soon to take your bags to his room, which you will be sharing.” He turned and faced Zoe with his calm demeanor.

“Why can’t I have my own room? I kind of enjoy my privacy, and the quietness that comes with it.”

“Honey, we are only doing this because we only want you and Zak to get to know each other before your wedding.” I looked at her with an intense gaze.

“Oh, umm, okay I guess.” Was Zoe’s only response, I smiled then I turned and started to talk to Alec.

“Do you think she knows what we are?” I glanced at Zoe from the corner of my eye and spoke quietly so only Alec could hear me.

“I don’t think so; Terri and Nate had the guts to tell her at all.” He explained, also keeping his eye on Zoe.

“I hope they don’t start like we did at first, man that brutal stuff there.” I smiled at him with a slight hint of mischievousness in my tone of voice.

He simply smiled and nodded in agreement.

I heard, Zak start to descend from his room and down the stairs. I sighed and thought:

‘Please let this go smoothly.’
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, subscribing, and commenting. Constructive criticism is welcomed.