Status: 5/5 down. None to go

The Ups and Downs of Our Life

The Wedding

Jeff POV
This is it. In precisely 36 minutes, and 7 seconds, I will be married to the most beautiful, sweet guy that I know.
I slowly slipped off my hoodie and jeans and donned the white suit my mom bought me. There was a knock at the door.
"Come in!" I called, admiring the suit on me. The door opened and Bentley stood there.
"Hey Peanut! You ready?" I laughed and dragged her in.
"Of course. I'm marrying one of the sweetest guys in the world in about 30 minutes!" I twirled her around the room to imaginary music and we just danced for a while. She giggled.
"As much fun as this is, I'm not sure Nick or Ross would enjoy being stood up." I stopped and asked, jokingly "Do you really think they'd mind?" She laughed but then stopped.
"You aren't having second thoughts about marrying my big brother are you?" She asked, nose wrinkling in worry.
"Of course not. I love him. What about you? Planning on dumping my little brother soon?"
"Nope. Look!" She held out her hand. On it there was a giant ring with a beautiful garnet stone in the middle of tiny diamonds.
"Wow!" I exclaimed.
"Yep! It's a promise ring. He even got my birthstone right!" She squealed.
"Congrats!" I smiled.
There was another knock and Ross stuck his head in.
"Are you guys ready? Because this party's starting in like 10 minutes and I'm sure Nick would appreciate his groom showing up. C'mon Jeff-o! Dad's waiting."
"Calm your balls. I'm coming!" I yelled.
He smiled and grabbed Bentley. "Mind if I borrow her? I mean she's only my date !"
I laughed, which I seemed to be doing a lot today, and told him to take her and have fun. Then I followed them out into the hall. My dad was waiting there.
He clapped me on the shoulder. "Well, you ready, Jeffers?" I nodded as the music began to play.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nick POV (for once)
I watched as the "bridal" party walked down the aisle. They all looked amazing. First, Blaine escorted Kurt. they both smiled as they took their places. Then, Wes and his girlfriend, Amber, followed by David and his girlfriend, Lucy. Rounding it all off was the best man, Ross, and the maid of honor, Bentley. Finally the traditional march started and Jeff started to walk with his father.
My breath caught. Jeff looked absolutely breathtaking and soon he'd be all mine. He took his place beside me and I smiled. Despite all our hardships and that one little break we took, we'd finally made it.
"You don't have cold feet?" He asked, worriedly.
"Not a chance. What about you? You gonna leave me at the altar?" I teased slightly.
"Absolutely not." He smiled. We nodded at the preacher to let him know we were ready and the ceremony started.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeff POV
I listened as Nick gave his vow and put the ring on my finger. Boy I hope he meant it because i had a surprise. A BIG surprise. Suddenly it was my turn.
"I, Jeff, take you, Nick, to be my lawful wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part." I looked straight into his chocolate brown eyes and slipped the ring on. " I now pronounce you husband and husband. Nick, you may kiss Jeff."
It was a sweet kiss. One good enough to help me hold out until later, but was also appropriate for family and friends.
"Ladies and gentlemen, I give to you for the first time ever, Nicholas and Jeffery Duval-Sterling." Everyone cheered and clapped.
Nick grabbed my hand and we ran outside to our waiting limo. We got in and Nick immediately pounced on me. "You look so hot Jeffy. You have no idea what you've done to me." He said as his kisses got needier and needier.
"Wow Nicky. Slow down. We still have the reception. Then we can honeymoon like rabbits." He laughed softly and kissed me one last time.
"Let's go to the reception then." He said and he pulled me out of the car.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nick POV
Wow it's already the reception. It was fun. People gave speeches and we ate and drank like kings. Then it was time for our first dance. We had put in a special request, but I wasn't sure if it was gonna happen. Blaine went up to the mic.
"Okay. Now the happy couple has requested a special song sung by some special people. So, without further ado, here to sing Mine by Taylor Swift, The Dalton Academy Warblers of 2011." They began singing, Blaine taking lead as always. I wrapped my hands around Jeff's neck and his arms went around my waist. We just danced around in circles.
We were soon joined by Bentley and Ross. Bentley giggled softly as Ross twirled her around and kissed her.
I caught her eye and winked. She blushed and looked away. It made me chuckle and Jeff looked at me. "What's so funny?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.
"Bentley and Ross." I replied. He smiled.
"They are cute together." He announced and I nodded in agreement.
Soon more people joined and everyone just swayed with their partners. Unless of course their partners were singing. When the song ended, most of them grabbed their boyfriends and started to dance to the soft background music.
I guided Jeff back to our seats. "Nick, can I tell you something?" I nodded. "Okay. Nick, I'm...." He was cut off by the doors flying open.
There stood my crazy ex, Becky. I had dated her back when I was trying to convince myself I was straight. I dumped her for Jeff and ever since then I've had to change my number twice, make a new email account, and I almost had to delete my Facebook.
"So it's true. You two fags got married." She spat out. Jeff shrunk behind me, but Ross bravely stood up.
"Yea! They did! It's funny though. We didn't see your name on the guest list." She sneered. "That's because my daddy told me about it. I just never thought my Nicky would commit such an abomination like marrying the little fairy that he dumped me for. You're all going to hell!"
"Now hold on a second. Firstly, he's my Nicky, not yours. Secondly, this is my wedding and I want you and your little homophobic attitude out! Now!" Jeff yelled.
Hunter and my dad went up to her and escorted her out while she screamed obscenities at all of us.
Everyone watched until my mom asked, "Who wants cake?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeff POV
After cake, I threw the bouquet. Bentley caught it. Currently, Nick and I were enjoying our last dance of the night. We quietly swayed to the music until I looked at him.
"What were you gonna say earlier? Before we were so rudely interrupted?" Nick asked. I sighed, then I let my last surprise of the night out.
"Umm, you remember that one time about two weeks ago? When I let you, well you know, for the first time and how ever since I've been sick?" He nodded and I took a deep breath before continuing.
"Well I went to the doctor and it turns out I have this weird condition where.."
"Oh my gosh, Jeffy are you gonna die?" He asked, looking worried.
"No, no. It's just, well, you're gonna be a daddy Nicky." He looked at me with wide eyes, then at my stomach, then back at me, eyes shining bright and a huge grin on his face.
"Y-y-you're pregnant?" I nodded. "With my kid?"
"No Nick, Seb and I had a quickie in the bathroom before the wedding and now I'm two weeks pregnant. Of course it's your kid!"
Nick smiled. "We're gonna be dads, 6."
"Yea 3. We are." He looked at me, eyes bright with unshed tears of joy, and kissed me.
Then he hugged me tight and we danced. I looked around and saw Bentley and Ross and my mom and Hunter and I knew.
This is what true love really is.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End!!