Every Little Thing

Leave Me Alone

Avoiding Ally and keeping up a silent treatment is very tiring. I slumped down onto the bark under the tree where my group sits. It felt like ages since I’d sat there. It was lunch time, which meant facing her again. I saw Robert approaching me.

"Sup, Nick?" he asked, his trying-to-be-gangster thing was trying my patience.

"Nothing," I muttered in reply, trying to hide my annoyance. "Where's Max?"

"I thought you hated him," Robert stated.

“When did I say that?”

“I think the slap across the face spoke volumes.”

“Oh, yeah. I forgot about that.”

Robert nodded and sat down beside me.

“So miss, how was your weekend?” he asked, turning to face me. I thought of what I had done on the weekend, cutting and drinking. That was all.

“It was alright,” I lied. “I just caught up on some biology homework.”

“So, it was riveting?” Robert smiled. I noted the sarcasm.

“Very,” I nodded, putting on a smile for him. He slapped my arm hard. I winced. Fucking hell; they were fucking throbbing now.

“What the hell was that for?!” I pretty much yelled at him.

“I’m sorry,” he apologized. “But I forgot to tell you about my party.” He grinned his excited grin. I had known him my whole life, I knew that grin well.

“When is it?” I asked, tempted to check my wrist, to see if any scabs had unsealed.

“Here,” he passed me a piece of paper. It was an invitation.

You are invited to Robert’s 17th birthday party!!!!!

At: My house! Duh!!

When: Saturday 12th February

What: What sort of question is this? It’s a party.
Use your imagination, dress as you like.

R.S.V.P. My number (if you don’t have it… you wouldn’t be
getting an invited).

Oh and its BYO!!!! Have Fun!!!!


I looked up at Robert, who was still wearing that grin.

“I’ll be there,” I told him, smiling back; a real smile. I loved Robert’s parties.

Ally and Max approached, holding hands, smiling. I looked up at them with disgust. Ally let go of Max’s hand callously, leaving Max looking hurt.

She came up to me and sat beside me and wrapped her arms around me. I shrugged her off, grabbed my bag, got up and walked away. I felt dirty.