Every Little Thing

Moment

Sam let go and I slowly pulled away from him. I looked at him, shocked that he had kissed me, and he looked back, smiling. I smiled slightly. We were in a moment, only us, both shocked and excited about what had just happened. I heard someone sob, crying, not too far away from where me and Sam were standing; both of us still staring at each other. I remembered that before Sam had kissed me, Ally and Max were making their way towards us. I looked. It was Ally that was crying. She was looking at me, both disgust and heartbreak in her eyes.

“Ally, I….” I started towards her and she just stood there.

“Nicky, just stay away from me,” she demanded, turning on her heal.

I lunged towards her, grabbing her arm. I spun her round to face me again. She stepped passed me and walked away faster. I stepped in front of her, stopping her in her tracks.

“Listen Ally, it’s not like we’re going out anymore. Why are you so hurt by him kissing me?” I asked, looking her straight in the eye.

“You’re stupider then I thought you fucking were,” she told me. I stared at her.

“What do you mean?” I asked cautiously. She leaned in close to me, so only I could hear, and whispered in my ear.

“I never stopped loving you.”

I loosened my grip on her arm and she walked away.

I stared after her. I watched as Max ran to catch up with her. I watched as he grabbed her arm, as I did, and hugged her. I watched as he kissed her on the cheek and held her hand. I watched the ground as a tear rolled down my cheek. I felt an arm around me. It was Sam.

“Come on sweetie, we’ll walk to the station and catch a bus from there,” he smiled at me, warmly. Maybe he can help me heal.

We walked in silence to the station. I couldn’t stop thinking about the look on Ally’s face. She looked so hurt. But, it serves her right. She hurt me with that Max thing. I grabbed Sam’s hand. He seemed shocked, but he smiled at me.

Sam is a pretty good guy,I thought to myself as i smiled back to him.

“Sam?” I said. “Do you want to make this official?”

He stopped me in my tracks.

“Really?” he asked. “I thought you were still pretty hung up on Ally.” He looked at me confused.

“Not really,” I lied. “I’d prefer just being friends with her now anyway.”

“Okay,” he replied.

“So, is that a yes?” I asked.

“Yes. It’s a yes,” he smiled.

I smiled back. And so it begins.