Every Little Thing

I Can't Do It Alone

The school bus rounded the final corner and came to a stop outside of school. Ally waited for me off the bus. I walked slowly down the bus, unsure of what to expect from her.

"What's with Ally?" Roberts voice came from behind me, making me jump.

"I'm not sure," I shrugged in response. "She apologized." Robert grabbed my shoulder and I turned to face him.

"Don't fall for this Nick," he warned. "You don't want this to hurt you do you?"

"Of course I don't," I shook my head. "but I couldn't exactly tell her to fuck off, could I?"

"Just take care of yourself," Robert said.

Confused, I turned back around and made my way off the bus. Ally looped her arm through mine and walked me into school. I got a few confused glances. I wasn't sure if it was because of Ally being all close to me again, or because of my sudden lack of hair. I convinced myself it was Ally and walked faster to keep up with her.

"So, what do you wanna do?" Ally asked, out of the blue.

"Um, roll call?" I was confused. "Ally, I don't get why you're behaving this way."

She looked taken aback.

"Sorry," she apologized again. "I just really wanna be mates again."

I couldn't help but smile. She was making so much effort, and i was questioning it.

"Okay," I agreed. "We can try and be friends Ally."

She smiled. That smile. It still gave me butterflies. She was still perfect. But it secured one strong feeling inside me. I am definitely not over her.