Every Little Thing

Don't Have To Think About You

Up close, Katie was far from an uptown girl. Around her neck was a black tie and a necklace with a skull on a cross charm on it. She had a black and white sweatband on her left wrist and black rubber bangles on her right. The blouse was even more obviously not ironed. Her school skirt had a pin at the front. She was holding a thick folder under one arm and a timetable in the other. Her dark eyes seemed to be enthralled in me, watching my every move. And truth be told, I was mesmerized.

"Um, hello?" I was pulled from my thoughts by the unfamiliar voice.

"Oh, sorry," I blushed. "I'm Nicky." Ally nudged me in the ribs. "Ow, and this is Ally."

"It's nice to meet you," Katie smiled again. "If its not obvious, I'm new and totally lost. Even that teacher was useless." She gestured first to the folder and timetable then to my English teacher.

"Yeah, I can see that," I answered, smiling back at her. "I can, help you out, if you like?"

"That'd be great!" she beamed at me. I grinned back.

"Well, we have roll call first so there's no drama there," I tried to sounded impressive. "Which roll call class are you in?"

"Um, 2 I think." She looked confused.

"Its at the top of your timetable," I told her. She smiled.

"Yeah, I'm in 2," she replied.

"Cool," I beamed. "You're with me." I hastily unlinked from Ally and looped my arms through Katie's. "Roll calls this way."

I liked having this distraction. Katie was my distraction. I wasn't thinking about Ally anymore and that thought, was satisfying.