Every Little Thing

Hello Sun

The next week passed and it did nothing but rain. It wasn't until the following Thursday that the rain finally ceased. I got off the bus with Ally and looked up.

"Ally, what is that strange yellow ball of light in the sky?" I asked.

"Um, that's the sun Nick," she said, giving me a look.

I dropped to my knees. "Hallelujah!!! Hello sun!!!" I preached to the sky.

"Nicky. Get up," Ally said grabbing me by the arm and pulling me to my feet.

"What? Its back. Finally the sun is back!!"

"Just, shh okay," Ally said. "Shh!"

"Okay," I gave. "What’s up?"

"Nothing okay," she said. "Nothing."

She stormed away from me, leaving me standing there, curious as what I did.

She stayed in her "mood" all through 1-4 periods. Even when Jake and the rest of Ben's mates mentioned the lip gloss again, she didn't laugh along with the rest of us. But I'd be bummed too if I was paired with me for the bio pairs task. I had to find out what was up.
At lunch time, I went and sat with my usual group. Robert jumped on me as per usual and the rest of the gang just said they're usual "hi's" or "hey's" and a sat down on the bark next to Ally.

"So, bub?" I said, smiling my best smile. She looked up at me.

"You gonna tell me what’s bothering you?" She shook her head slowly.

"Okay, well, you're coming over to start that bio shit right?" I asked leaving the being bummed thing alone.

"Yep," she answered, and pulled her mp3 out and turned it on, full volume. I could make out the song to be Addicted by Simple Plan. I smiled, and shifted to lean up against the tree behind me.