Waiting for a Chance

Home Sweet Home.

As I stepped off the plane I took in a deep breath, looked around, and smiled happily as I ventured to baggage claim. It had been two months since I have been back in London. No matter what the circumstances or where my real family is London has always been and will always be my home. Taking my phone off of airplane mode I scrolled through my missed calls and text messages listening, reading, and deleting the ones that were unimportant to me. It wasn’t until I made it to baggage claim that I came to one that send chills down my spine.

”Gracie, listen I’m sorry about what I said before you left. I didn’t mean it, you mean more to me than anyone else in the world.” I rolled my eyes and let out a bitter laugh, continuing to listen. ”I ran into Dannie yesterday, she said you’re coming home tomorrow. Please as soon as you get this call me back and we’ll meet somewhere and talk… love you.” Beep. It didn’t take long for me to hit delete. Letting out a little sigh and running my fingers through my hair I watched for my luggage’s.

I guess I should introduce myself huh? I’m Gracyn Elaine Rosedale but from the voicemail that was just played for you I go by Gracie, sometimes Grace it just truly depends and what you want to call me. Originally I’m from the States but when I was four my dad packed up my family and I all the way to London, England. Mum enrolled me into Primary school and a Ballet class which is where I met my best friend, Danielle Peazer. By the end of Primary my dad had decided to move us back to the States and let me tell you now I wasn’t very happy about it.

The day I graduated High School was the day I left for London once again permanently. Six months into my permanent stay I got a call from my mum telling me my gran wasn’t in very good condition, that was two months ago. I stayed in Texas until she slipped away, for the funeral, and the million casseroles from neighbors and family friends. With that I bring you to present day and me standing in the middle of the London airport with my luggage and my phone to my ear.

”Gracie! Where the bloody hells are you, your plane should have landed a long time ago?” I let out a chuckle and smiled. “Dan I’m here, I hope you called a taxi for me because I would rather not have to seduce some cab man to give me a ride!” All I heard was a snort, stuff shuffling around, and the sound of a timer going off. ”Oh my dear Gracyn, I decided to scratch the cab idea and went with something better. So move your bum and head out there, with that I am leaving you with hugs and kisses. Toodles.” I wasn’t able to get another word in; I heard the click and then the dial tone. This girl was so frustrating. Grabbing my things I made my way out to the pick-up line, searching around looking for my ride. My head finally stopped to three figures standing against a blue mini cooper, I shook my head and let out a laugh. Of course she would.

Image

“So…. Did those Americans treat my little Gracie well?” I let out a laugh and stuffed my face with Danielle’s Lasagna. “Lou, are young blind! It’s obvious they didn’t treat her well at all, poor dear is starving!” With this I looked up through my eyelashes wide eyed. I swallowed and wiped my mouth looking at Zayn. “You are unbelievable. They didn’t starve me… I miss Dan’s cooking.” I gave a childish grin and took a sip of my beer. “Now, will someone enlighten me on the plans for tomorrow because right now all I know is that we’re going somewhere but not sure where…” I eyed everyone at the table until Niall finally chimed in.

“So Liam’s parents are letting us use their Lake cabin for the Summer so tomorrow bright and early for Ireland where we will be picking my best friend in the world, Miss. Charlie Harper!” My eyes took in Niall’s face, his expression, and the over all excitement in his voice I cooed. “Awhh, Niall that’s so cute!” My voice let out a squeak, “Isn’t it? I can’t wait to see her, you and Danny are going to absolutely love her!” With that we all nodded, I cooed again and we all headed off to bed. Lou and Harry took the fold out sofa in the living are while Zayn and Niall took the guest bedroom. Liam obviously bunked with Danny, and I fell peacefully asleep in my bed knowing I was home.

Image

It was unfortunate that it was five in the bloody morning and hour awake earlier than I needed to be. So I decided to take the initiative to shower and finish adding on to my already packed bag that didn’t end up getting unpacked after all. Hopping out of the shower I wiped myself off and made my way to my room and rummaged through all the clothes left in my wardrobe that I hadn’t taken back with me to Texas. Heading back to the bathroom I dried my hair, straightened it, and applied very little make up as possible. When I finished I zipped up my suitcase after adding a few bathing suits, a couple more pairs of shorts, and several more tank tops. This summer I can already tell will be one to remember.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Mibba deleted the last five chapters of this story and I apologize for it. Here is chapter two,
please feel free to comment, subscribe and let us know what you think!!!