‹ Prequel: Just One Cup
Status: Completed!

My Own Glory

Saturday

No one knew. No one knew yet. Maddi and Jeremy were keeping it a secret until the best possible moment, whenever that is.

Their relationship was great between them; they text, call, hang out. But not in public. Never in public. The things people would say if they were to find out about their relationship. Maddi could just imagine the locker room rumors now.

They didn't like keeping it a secret. All Maddi's has ever wanted to do was walk down the hallway, her boyfriend holding her hand as they go to class, and everyone looking at them and thinking, I wish I could have that. And for that guy to be Jeremy? It was perfect.

Even Jeremy had the same desire to show off his beautiful girlfriend, to tell everyone she was finally his. He'd wanted too since seventh grade at a time where everyone was changing. Where Madison changed from a quiet girl to a beautiful young woman. Jeremy has his share of girlfriends but none of them compared to Maddi.

Madison's three close friends knew of the kiss but the news that they were finally together wasn't finalized. They kept pestering Maddi about it but Maddi wasn't quite ready to tell everyone. Even her Godmother.

Danni had expected something though. A crush at first but when Madison's eyes wandered from her dinner plate to her lap, and that small smile pulls her lips back, that's when she knew something was up. She wanted Maddi to come to her about it but this was new for the both of them and she was going to let Maddi go at her own pace. But not without a little test, just to be sure.

On Saturday, a week since Jeremy joined the Pens for practice, Sidney and Danni were required to attend a formal dinner with several people to represent the organization. Since the boys were too young, they needed to stay home with a babysitter.

"But Danni, you said Jeremy could come over Saturday night and hang out." Maddi whined.

"I know but I forgot about this dinner and it's too last minute to call someone."

"You never forget plans." Sidney commented, knowing his wife's very good memory.

"This was one time." Danni admitted, though it was all a bluff.

"So I have to tell Jeremy that we can't hang out just hours before we're suppose too?"

"I suppose he could still come over. The boys can be a handful sometimes. Besides, it's not like Jeremy's a boyfriend or anything." Danni looked right at Maddi, seeing the guilty blush creep onto her cheeks.

"Um no! I don't agree with this plan!" Sidney added, his eyebrows furrowing with dissatisfaction of the idea.

"There's nothing to worry about. Maddi and Jeremy are two, responsible young adults that can take care of the boys on their own."

Sidney didn't agree with the plans. But what father would? He was eighteen once and he knew the chances of Jeremy having the same thoughts as Sid did when he was eighteen were very likely to be similar. But Sid knew that Danni's word was law, and she trusted Maddi to behave. So did Sidney.

It was Jeremy he didn't quite trust just yet, "Fine. I'm gonna go see how much security cameras cost."

Maddi groaned dropping her head on the counter. Danni just smirked, "I need to go get your uncles outfit ready, then I need to get dressed."

"You still pick out his clothes?" Maddi asked amused, following her aunt upstairs.

"He can match his own suit but when it comes to matching me, it turns into physics."

Maddi always helped Danni pick out her outfit. Ever since the day Danni went on her first date with Sidney, it became tradition. Danni slipped on a slim dress, examining herself in the mirror, "You don't think the bump is too obvious?"

"Danni, you're pregnant and that dress hides it. You look fine."

"Are you sure? People are either going to think I'm pregnant or just getting fat."

"And no one else knows your pregnant?"

"Not yet. We were gonna wait a little bit."

"Well don't worry about it. You look good."

"Yes she does." Sidney cooed coming into his bedroom, the boys filed behind him like ducklings. He kissed his wife and went to the bathroom where his suit was waiting for him. Liam, Aidan, and Owen sat beside Maddi on the bed and watched as Danni continued to get ready.

"Okay boys, Maddi and Jeremy are in charge."

"Jeremy's coming?"

"Is this a date?"

"I don't want to be on a date with Maddi and Jeremy!" Liam and Aidan complained.

"It's not a date!" Maddi groaned.

"Whatever it is, they're in charge. I called and ordered pizza, the money is on the table. Bedtime is at 9:30. And you better be in bed by then. I know Jeremy won't lie to me if I were to ask him. You are to listen to both of them and no fighting, no junk food, and I want you all to behave. Understood?"

"Yes mom." All four children said.

"Good." Danni smiled at her children and kissed the tops of their heads.

"Alright boys, how do I look?" Sidney asked emerging from the bathroom in a simple black suit.

"You look good, dad." Aidan answered, Liam and Owen giving him two thumbs up.

"I always look good." He stated as he adjusted his tie.

"Not as good as mommy." Owen replied earning an extra kiss from his mother.

"I think it's a close tie." Sidney teased his wife with a wink.

From upstairs, everyone could hear the sound of the doorbell, "Maddi's boyfriend is here!" Liam yelled out, he and his brothers racing downstairs, their father not far behind.

"What have I gotten myself into?" Maddi asked aloud as she walked downstairs.

Sidney had opened the door to find Jeremy standing in the cold January night in comfortable sweats, "I didn't realize I needed to dress up." Jeremy joked, hoping it would lighten the glare Sidney was giving him. Jeremy saw Maddi in a pair of sweats, then her aunt in a formal dress.

"They have a dinner to go to so we're babysitting." Maddi explained noticing the confusion on her boyfriends face. When Jeremy heard that Sidney and Danni were leaving, he was second guessing this.

"We need to get going. Have a good time boys, and behave." Danni said, hugging her boys again. Sidney ruffled his sons hair then stopped in front of Jeremy. He held out his hand and gave the boy a tight squeeze with a threatening look.

Once the adults left, the five of them stood in the foyer awkwardly, "So...got any good video games?" The boys eyes lit up before they sprinted into the living room to find a game to play.

Maddi turned to Jeremy, "I'm sorry about this. Danni didn't tell me until today and I didn't want to cancel--"

"It's alright. It'll be fun." Jeremy told her with a gentle smile. If she could of, she would of kissed him but with the boys just a few feet away it didn't seem like the best thing.

It also didn't help when Jeremy pulled his sweatshirt over his head, the shirt underneath rode up to reveal just enough skin to make Maddi inwardly groan. She'd seen his body before but now it was just a tease. I'm such a girl.

Maddi sat in the big chair, far enough away from the swerving and swaying and the violent actions that each boy was doing as they played their video game. Even five minutes after the pizza arrived, they didn't even move until Maddi ate her third piece and was starting to feel bad, "Come on guys, you need to eat."

"You heard the woman," Jeremy paused the game, the three Crosby boys groaning, "It's time to eat. We can play after." Securing that promise with a pinky, the boys ate all the pizza. When they returned to their game, Jeremy dropped out and sat with Maddi in the chair, pulling her onto his lap. She tried to pull away but as Jeremy whispered in her ear, she couldn't seem to move her legs, "It'll be fine. Stop." He pulled her into his chest, an arm around her waist and resting on her thigh.

Everything stayed like that until 9:30. Trying to convince the boys to head upstairs to get ready for bed wasn't easy, "I'll take the twins." Jeremy said grabbing the twins and lifting them off the ground with ease. They kicked their feet and tried to wiggle their way out of his grasp but he had a tight hold on them, "Your mom said you needed to be in bed by 9:30. All three of us know, we do not want to make your mom upset."

"Finnneee." Maddi heard them say as Jeremy brought them to their room.

"Come on Owen." She took the four year olds hand and walked him upstairs, brushing his teeth, washing his face, and changing him into a pair Pittsburgh Penguin pajamas.

"Can we read a story?"

"Sure, which one?" Owen ran to his bookcase and pulled out an old book very familiar to Maddi.

"The Monster at the End of This Book? I use to read this when I was young." When she opened the book cover, inside was Maddi's name scribbled in her young hand writing, "This is mine. Aww, that's cute."

Maddi tucked Owen in his bed and laid beside him in his tiny bed, "Alright, are you ready?"

Owen nodded, "The Monster at the end of this book starring the loveable, furry, old Grover," She turned the page,"What did you say? On the cover, what did that say? Did that say there will be a monster at the end of this book? It did?! Oh I am so afraid of monsters!" Maddi read in the closest Grover voice she could conjure up. She continued reading the book in the Grover voice until she say Owen's eyes start to close, "Oh I am so embarrassed." She finished.

On cue, Jeremy set the book aside and lifted Owen's tiny body off Maddi so she could slide off the bed without waking him. Maddi turned on Owen's night light and quietly closed the door.

"That was an impressive Grover voice. You should talk like that more often." Jeremy teased, earning an elbow to the stomach from his girlfriend before she went back to the living room.

"Well, Danni and Sid won't be home for a little bit, what do you want to do?" Without speaking a word, Jeremy crossed the room, wrapping Maddi in his arms and kissing her lips with a desire he'd been holding in since he walked through the door so many hours ago.

"You don't know how hard it was to not do that." He said, his voice like he had the breath taken right out of him. Maddi smiled then returned her lips to his. Jeremy steered them towards the couch, sitting down and Maddi straddling his lap.

Besides the late night make-out sessions they have when Jeremy is dropping Maddi off at home, they haven't actually had alone time.

Jeremy ran his hands up and down her sides, stopping just above and below going to far. He didn't want to scare her. He's known Maddi all her high school life and he never saw a man walk into her life, or into her bed. Jeremy has had girlfriends but they only lasted a week or so because his heart was with someone else.

Just feeling her body under his hands could only bring Jeremy's fantasies to a slight reality. Maddi had grown up so much since he first met her. And she filled out. She wasn't too big, but she certainly was fit. She filled out in all the right places.

It wasn't fair, Maddi thought, not being able to act like a normal couple. They had to hide it from everyone, even their families. Her first relationship and she couldn't even tell the world.

Changing position, Jeremy turned to have Maddi lay back on the couch, he on top of her. He held himself up on his elbows. Maddi's hands traveled up his shirt that had fallen open from the way he was laying above her. She traced the indents of each muscle on his stomach and back. And god did it feel amazing! She could do that all day if life allowed it.

Jeremy was no different with the thought of Maddi under him. The feel of all her hard work beneath his calloused hands.

The clicking sound coming from the front door had the couple jumping apart, fixing themselves on each side of the couch. Danni and Sidney's soft voices entered the house.

It didn't take long for the two adults' eyes fly to the couch to see what was going on. The house looked dark and suspicious from the outside. Both were 18 once.

"Hey Aunt Danni, Sid. You're back early. How was the dinner thing?" Maddi rambled, getting up and walking over to her family, Jeremy not far behind.

"It was nice. Did the boys give you any trouble?"

"Nope they were perfect."

"Good. We'll we're off to bed."

"Yeah I need to get going too." Jeremy added, noticing the look Sidney was giving him as if that was his cue to leave.

"Have a good night Jeremy. Sidney?" Danni tugged her husbands hand to keep him for personally walking the boy to his car. With a pointed look, Sidney followed Danni up the stairs giving Maddi and Jeremy privacy.

"You know what they're gonna do once we leave?" Sidney hissed under his breath.

"I know what they're going to do. Maddi's eighteen. She doesn't need you standing behind her and escorting the poor boy back to his car." Danni replied as they walked to Liam and Aiden's room then Owen's to kiss them good night.

"I'm starting to think we should find out the gender of the baby now. That way I can plan ahead." Sidney told his wife as he unbuttoned his jacket and pulling his tie loose.

"Plan ahead for what?"

"If it's a boy, I have nothing to worry about. But if it's a girl--"

"You'll treat her like a queen and never let her out of her tower." Danni said walking up to Sidney, her hands on her chest.

"No I'd treat her like a princess 'cuz you're the queen."

Danni smiled, "We're still not finding out the gender."

Sidney let out a groan and let Danni use the bathroom before getting in himself. When he emerged, the sight of seeing his beautiful wife lying in their bed waiting for him always took his breath away. And knowing the small hint of a baby belly was hiding beneath the sheets just made it even more perfect.

Once in bed, Danni rested against Sidney's side, one of his arms around her and the other rubbing her belly, "Would you be upset if it was a girl?" Danni asked just above a whisper.

"Of course not. It'll cost a fortune putting bars on every window but it'll be worth it."

"I'm being serious." She giggled, lightly slapping his arm.

"So am I! She's going to look just like you and I can't have my beautiful baby girl running around when there's hormonal boys out there."

"But she'll have you and her three brothers protecting her. And everyone in the Pens organization."

"I'm kinda afraid that won't be enough," He joked, "But I know, no matter what, boy or girl, I will love them because they're yours and mine and I love you more than anything." Sidney bent his head capturing a passionate kiss with the one woman he couldn't live his life without.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long! I've just been busy!!!! I promise to step it up though. Thanks for being patient and still reading :)

With Love, <3