Status: Oneshot

The Fire Lights the Way

Chapter 1

I was hanging out with Nick in my backyard. We were eight and my big sister, who was thirteen, had just had her first kiss. She told me all about it. She said it was amazing and it made me worry about my first kiss.

I didn't want to regret it and I wanted it to be magical like Jessica's was. I was telling Nick this and more. How I thought it was gonna be with some nasty girl and I didn't want that. He didn't say anything. Just sat there.

Then he turned towards me. I thought he was gonna say something, but he just leaned close and kissed me. It was just a quick peck, but it was on the lips so it counted.

At first I thought it was weird. All the other boys said your first kiss was supposed to be with a girl. Then I realized that it was nice and that surprised me.

Nick blushed. "Sorry Jeffy. I just thought that it would be better kissing me then kissing some icky girl."

I nodded. "It's okay Nicky. I liked it. It was everything that I wanted it to be."

After that we just went on with our game and pretended like it never happened.

Now twenty years later I am standing at the alter with my best friend. The boy I have loved since I was eight.

The priest had just asked if ' I, Jeffery H. Sterling, take Nicholas J. Duval to be my lawfully wedded husband.'

"I do." I said with tears falling down my face.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I am glad to introduce, for the first time, Nicholas and Jeffery Duval-Sterling. You may now kiss the groom."

I leaned down and kissed Nick. Unlike that day all those years ago, it was not just a peck. It was a loving, tender kiss. The type I hoped to give him for the rest of our lives.

Because I, Jeffery Duval-Sterling, loved Nick Duval-Sterling for as long as we both shall live.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. This is my little fluff piece. Hope you like it.