Status: Completed for a Contest

What We Didn't Expect

Two

Two Weeks Later
I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t stay and let her think she somehow got me pregnant. It was so wrong, what I did. But I did it in hopes that she would be grateful, that she wouldn’t ever end up getting pregnant and I’d rush in to save the day. But no, she ended up pregnant at the same time I did. I guess Doctor McCabe was right when he said it would be almost 99% successful.
I moved out because I couldn’t stare at her beautiful face any longer without her knowing the truth. And I knew the truth would kill her. I just knew it would. So, I moved back home with my mom and she promised to take care of me as I went through this difficult time. She didn’t understand why I just couldn’t tell Teddy the truth, but she let me stay anyways. I guess she knew that if she didn’t let me stay that I’d end up homeless or something.

Four Weeks Later
These babies are growing so fast. I’ve easily gained another ten pounds since my first visit with Doctor Peters and Teddy. Doctor Peters says I’m further along than Teddy is, but that’s all she’ll tell me. She’s claiming what all doctors do when they don’t want to say something, ‘doctor patient confidentiality’ bullshit.
I quit my old job and found one where guys in my predicament often get hired. It’s actually the place where this situation started, Doctor McCabe’s office. He hires men who are pregnant because that’s what his entire practice revolves around. He figures that no one else will really hire you when they learn how much of a freak you are that you are pregnant, and just gives you an easy task you can do right until you are pushed into the operating room.
Between visits with Doctor Peters, I visit with Doctor McCabe, just to make sure that he doesn’t see something differently than Doctor Peters does. He’s been around pregnant males a lot longer than she has, so I guess I trust him more. The only reason I still see Doctor Peters is by chance I’ll catch Teddy there one day. I don’t have to have a conversation with her, I just want to see how big she is and how beautiful she looks carrying our twins. But I never have.

By the end of my eighth month, I’m a fucking freak show. I’m the biggest one working at Doctor McCabe’s office, I can’t stand for longer than it takes to take a leak, and I’m lucky if I even make it to the john. I know it must be harder on Teddy though. She’s alone because her loser of a husband left her that way, she’s getting pretty big probably and won’t be able to drive any more, and I know I can’t. And she can’t work because it involves too much standing. God, I feel like such an idiot for leaving but I know she won’t take me back now. I’ll have to wait until I’m skinnier and in better shape to try to fix things, or else I’ll end up peeing on her floor or something stupid like that. But god, I miss her. I wish she could feel the way the babies kick my hands or just move around in my tummy that makes me get the feeling of butterflies. I wish that I could feel what our babies feel like in her tummy too. But I can’t because I’m a moron.