Welcome to the Family

There's Something Missing, Only Time Will Alter Your Vision

My eyes flickered up nervously to gauge their expressions. Shock… and then disbelief.

“That’s not possible!” Johnny cut in first, glaring at me.

I shuddered lightly, but returned his gaze. “I found out I was pregnant a few weeks after Jimmy died. He was the only person I’d slept with in months. I obviously couldn’t have a DNA test done due to the circumstances so you’ll just have to trust me. I don’t know any of you very well at all, but I wouldn’t be stupid enough nor insensitive enough to lie about something this important. Just look at her, really. She’s exactly like him.”

They gazed at me warily after my mini speech. There was still a little doubt and mistrust, but most was shock as they started to believe that it was possible that their late friend had a child and that that very child was right in front of them.

It was Matt that stepped forward and peered at Rev closer. She turned to look at him with those big blue-grey eyes and Matt stepped back shaking his head in disbelief.

Fuck!” He hissed. “She has Jimmy’s fucking eyes!” He spun around and hit the wall. It looked like he was about to cry.

He turned on me again. “WHY NOW!? Why not right after you found out or after she was born?!” He boomed angrily.

I glanced, shocked at the rest of the guys. They all mirrored Matt’s look of pain. Zacky was shoving his fingers through his hair and messing up the perfectly gelled back locks. Brian was glaring at a wall in the distance looking like he was tearing up with his fists clenching and unclenching. Johnny was pacing rapidly looking like a caged animal.

I realized then how stupid it was to hide Rev’s existence from them. They were hit even harder by Jimmy’s death than I was and now, coming up on the three year mark, they find out that this little piece of Jimmy was alive. This little girl, his daughter, was alive and well.

“I was selfish and scared.” I whispered on the verge of tears myself. They all stopped and looked at me. “I didn’t want her to be a part of this. I didn’t want people to know her as the late drummer of Avenged Sevenfold’s daughter. I was happy with her just being my daughter. I didn’t want her to get roped into Jimmy’s and my past… and then she turned two in September and I realized just how much she was like him. I look into those eyes every day and I see Jimmy, but even the way she acts sometimes. I don’t want to deny who her father is. He was a good man. You were his friends and in an alternate universe, she would have grown up around you and I know that’s what Jimmy would have wanted…”

I looked up and saw Brian smiling at me with tear tracks down his cheeks. Brian was crying?!

He walked over to me and Rev. “Can I hold her? Please?” He whispered, that odd smile on his face. I returned with a nervous smile myself before nodding quickly and gently handing her to him. Rev looked up at Brian who was grinning down at her as he continued to cry lightly. She returned the grin and then her eyes turned to his spiked out hair and she reached out and tugged on it lightly, letting out a little giggle.
♠ ♠ ♠
God this chapter's horrible. I couldn't decide exactly how I thought the A7x guys would respond. This is why real-person fiction frightens me. I hope it's not too terrible. I'll probably upload the last chapter tonight and just get it over with. Sorry I kept you guys waiting so long!