Gracie

One Of One.

Michelle stood infront of the casket that held her deceased husband's body. She was still shocked that he was gone; that he was taken away from her so soon. It had only been six months since they hitched, but it's been ten long, happy years that they spent before then as friends, and lovers. Pain was evident on her face, along with sadness.

She couldn't stop the tears as they came flowing down her pale cheeks. She tried to find any explanation as to why this happened to him, and not her. She was just as much in the accident as he was, yet he was the one that was currently laying in the casket, and not her.

She tried searching for any movement, hoping this was all just a dream. This can't be real, she thought. Everything happened so fast, and he was gone before she could even go over to him, as his body lied still on the gravel. She watched as the paramedics did everything they could, but they couldn't bring her husband back to her.

Minutes past, and the rest of their family and friends gathered in the church, waiting for the preacher to start. Michelle cried, and cried until her eyes hurt. Matt looked at his sister. He felt her pain. Brian was his best friend and brother. Matt handed his younger sister a few tissues as they watched the preacher talk about her husband and his best friend.

Image


After the funeral, Michelle found out she was pregnant. She was now eight months pregnant with their daughter she named Gracie Elizabeth Haner. Brian always wanted a family with her. He was never picky about what he wanted as long as she were the mother of his children.

Michelle was currently sitting in the bedroom she once shared with her husband. Everything was left untouched, she was too afraid to touch anything; let alone his things. No matter how hard it was with the passing of Brian, she just didn't have the heart to move out of their house. The house they bought together a few years back. She loved the house. She envisioned her and Brian raising a big family in it together. Now that wasn't possible, she still wasn't going to sell and move out of it.

Michelle laid back, letting her close shut. She was now tired all the time because of the baby, and her back, legs and feet killed her. Every little thing she did, made her body ache, and she couldn't wait to get her baby girl out of her. She started watching birthing movies when she was about four months into her pregnancy. It scared her more than anything to have to give birth, but she knew it would be worth it once her and Brian's precious bundle of joy got here.

Her mind began wandering back to when she first met him. Her brother didn't like the idea of them dating at first, because of obvious reasons. It took Matt almost five years into their relationship before he started to accept that his baby sister and his best friend were inlove.

They were all at Huntington Central Park, talking and having a couple of drinks. Brian watched as Michelle walked up to the group with her brother. She already knew Jimmy and Johnny because of mutual friends. His eyes trailed up and down her body, but not in a sexual way. It was then that he realized that she was his. Several dates later, they were together.

Image


A month had passed, and Michelle was laying in the hospital bed. Sweat dripped from her forehead, as she grabbed her mothers hand tightly, giving one final last push. A few seconds later, and baby Gracie's cries filled the entire room. Michelle looked at her baby girl as the nurse handed her her daughter. She looked just like Brian. Her brown eyes wide opened as she looked up at her mother. Her thin lips perched into an "o" shape while grabbing her mothers finger.

"She's perfect!" Michelle said to no one in particular.

Gracie looked so much like Brian with her beautiful brown eyes, similiar to his. Her head full with hair, the color matching her fathers. She was a spittin' image of him. Michelle tried fighting back the tears, but it was too late as they fell, staining her cheeks. Her mother cooed her, telling her it was okay.

"Can you get Mattie, please?" her mother nodded before walking off to get him. Michelle looked back down at her babygirl who was already sound asleep.

Image


A year later, Gracie was now sitting up all by her little self. She was sitting in the living when she saw the spirit of her father bending down infront of her. Her little hands waving in the air to the man she knew was her dad. He smiled as he watched his little princes giggle. She tried reaching for him and when she couldn't, she started crying. Michelle heard her baby crying as she quickly ran to the living room as fast she could.

"It's okay. Momma's here." she said, cooing her daughter. Moments passed and Gracie was now sitting in her mothers lap, messing with the bow on her head. She looked up once again to meet the familiar face of her father, who was standing behind Michelle. Gracie started bouncing in her mothers lap, once again giggling as she watched her father making funny faces at her. Michelle only wished her husband were there to see their beautiful daughter they made together.
♠ ♠ ♠


I would love to hear what you all thought.