Status: Incomplete - No Longer Updating

Horror Lurks Within

The Merciless Dead

Winters in Innistrad are brutal, almost as brutal as some of the Vampire aristocrats. The wind is a fierce biting monster, howling through the rocky outcrops of the mountains like the low life mutts that plagued the local villages and roads. A particularly chilling gust hit my naked bloodless face as I bundled my soft fur coat further onto my shoulders, pressing my cheek into the black collar smiling. Werewolf fur was always my favourite. So soft, and warm, and thick. It practically reeked of its original owner, its animalistic screams of pain echoing in the mass of hair. It was enough to send a shiver up my spine. “Mistress Kendra?”
I turned idly towards the source of my disturbance. “Yes, Francis?” His appearances always displeased me, something about his presence felt toxic.
“Why are outside while your guests stay indoors, celebrating your birthday day without you?” His chocolate eyes were cold, his pale face hard. Smirking I raised a brow at him; who was he to question my actions? Married into the aristocracy with no blood claim to land or fortune, another leech on the pure vein.
“I will grace you with my presence when I wish. Until then, remove yourself.” The night was still young, the air delightful chilled. Only the tasteless would decline such a opportunity, after all birthdays were little to celebrate after the first hundred years.
[End of Extract]