Status: Startin soon.

Dreams Do Not Work- Unless You Do

Chapter 4

Image

A big sign in the hall of the airport said Добро пожаловать к Магнитогорск-Welcome to Magnitogorsk.

“Welcome to Russia” Geno’s mother greeted the two with open arms. She pulled Sidney into a hug and kissed Evgeni eagerly onto the forehead.

Tired from the long travel they followed her blindly just pulling their suitcases. Vladimir stood by the car but greeted them not less heartedly. Over the years he had knows Evgeni now he had developed a good relationship with his parents. They drove the boys to Evgeni’s house and informed them that the fridge was well stocked and that they should come over for dinner. As soon as they dropped their bags, Geno gave Sidney a quick tour through the house before they crashed for a good nap.
Sidney closed the door of the guest room behind him, took off his pants, shirts and socks before grabbing his phone to call Viviane.
Even though it was past lunchtime in Magnitogorsk, the time zones made it early morning in Pittsburgh. He felt a little bad but he had to call her before passing out.

“Hey Sid” Viviane answered after about 7 rings.

“Hey Viv. Did I wake you up?” he whispered, pulling the covers up to his chin.

“No not really. I’ve been awake half of the night. Anakin misses you.” Her tired voice rang in his ears. He could literally see her hidden under the covers with her eyes squeezed shut.

“I’m sorry. I miss you guys too. Just wanted to let you know we arrived and I’m about to pass out. I’m so tired.”

Viviane laughed quietly at the other end.
“I can imagine that. So go ahead and sleep a little. Say hi to Geno and his parents.”

“Can you just stay on the phone a little? Tell me about your day yesterday… how was Anakin’s practice?”

She started telling him about their day while her voice lulled him into a dream less sleep.

---------------

“Siiid wake up” Evgeni’s voice boomed.

“Huh?” slowly Sidney sat up, rubbed his eyes and found himself back in the guest room he has fallen asleep in earlier. Confused he picked up his phone and saw that the call has been disconnected and that Viviane had send him a text.

If you snore like that when you get back home feel free to use the guest room :P love you

Sidney chuckled lightly and pulled on his hair slightly as his eyes dilated to the brightness after Geno opened the blinds.

“We leave in 15 minutes okay?” the Russian center asked. Sid just nodded and disappeared into the en-suite bathroom as soon as the door closed again.

After a quick shower he changed into fresh clothes and met Evgeni downstairs.

----------------------

In Evgeni’s child hood home his parents and his older brother with wife and kids waited for them to arrive. Mrs. Malkin had gone all out and whipped up a 5-course-menue to introduce Sidney to all kinds of Russian food. After first language barriers, the mood was light and every one was enjoying the night. He learned a lot about growing up and being a family both as a part of the working class and as the parents of one of the country’s brightest hockey stars.
Evgeni was really embarrassed when his mother dug out his childhood pictures and shared some stories from his childhood.
Sidney for once enjoyed being on the receiving end since at home the boys were always pressuring Viviane into spilling some golden beans.

Later that night they collapsed in their beds at Geno’s house and fell asleep almost instantly.

The time in Magnitogorsk went by quickly and by the time Sidney had adjusted to the time change they already were jumping time zones again to meet up with the rest of the team.
Though it had been less than a week, the guys spent the first hours catching up with the gossip of the burgh.
Dan Bylsma was glad having his two superstars back with the boys so practice could resume.

Two days after they all had gathered their first game was scheduled.
Sidney sat in his stall retying his shoes while the coach announced the starting line up.

“58-44, 18-87-19 you’re starting Vok’s in the cage. Let’s go gentlemen.”

The captain jumped up, watched his team mates pour out of the locker room. His winger for the game Beau Bennett and James Neal send a nod in his direction and headed out. After the traditional handshake with Geno he followed them and bumped his shoulder into Marc-Andre who had a sore ankle and rested for the day.

-----------------------------

“Moooom” Anakin anxiously yelled from the basement.

“One second hun” Viviane yelled back and quickly wrapped the pregnancy test into some toilet paper to hide it in the junk.

Taking to steps at once she skipped into the cinema, where Vero and the two kids waited.
She plopped down in a seat next to Anakin, far away from Vero, hoping she didn’t catch her excitement. Even though Marc-André wasn’t playing the Fleury girls insisted on watching the game to cheer at their 20+ uncles.
As soon as she sat down, the puck was dropped and Sid won the face off, flipping the puck onto James’ blade before flying into the crease.

After the pens won the game 4-2 they had lunch. The toddlers finished their Pasta Napoli in record time and dashed into the living room to play. The mothers on the other hand washed the pots and cleaned the kitchen always with an eye on the kids who were conversing animatedly in toddlerish.

“SO what’s with the smilies girl?” Vero didn’t beat any bushes.

“What smiles?” Viviane badly tried to cover up.

“Come on… ever since the game started you could hardly get that smirk of your face and I don’t think it is because your hubby scored a goal and had 2 assists so spill.”

Viviane rolled her eyes and lowered her voice. “I took a test today and it came back positive. So let me go to the doctor tomorrow to get it confirmed because I get overly excited.”

Vero smiled and jumped lightly. “That’s amazing.” She whispered back. “Have you told it Sidney already?”

Viviane shook her head. “I don’t think I should just text him ‘Hey I may be preggers.’ So first I’ll go to the doctor and tell him after he comes back. He is so impatient about being a dad again so I don’t think false alarm would be good for him.”

Vero nodded understandingly.
“My parents are still in town until the day after tomorrow. How about we’ll give them the kids, so I can go with you and we can hit the mall afterwards. I really need some new clothes. If I wouldn’t know it better I’d say I’m having twins but it is only one baby. Who knows why I’m this huge already.”

Viviane agreed to the plan and pushed the thoughts aside when her phone rang.
She gave Vero an apologizing glance and disappeared out of the kitchen.

“Congrats to your 3 points and the win hubby” she greeted the caller.

“Thanks honey.” Sidney sounded exhausted and judging the noise level he either was back at the hotel or every one on the bus was asleep.

“How is Ani?” he said after stifling a yawn.

“He’s good. We watched the game with Flower’s girl in the cinema and now the kids are playing. We just had lunch and Vero and I finished cleaning the kitchen.”

“Oh right it’s just about noon at home.”

“Yes Mister jet set”

“I can’t wait to be home again.”

“6 nights Sid… you’ll survive that… you’ll be back before you know.”

“No I won’t… I mean Flower also mumbles in French when he sleeps but it doesn’t sound as hot as when you do it.”

“I don’t mumble when I sleep.”

“Oh yes you do… believe me… I know what I’m hearing.”

“And by the way people talking in their sleep isn’t hot.”

“Only when it’s you… speaking of you and being hot… What are you wearing.” His voice dropped and turned husky and seductive. Viviane blushed madly and started coughing.

“REALLY?” she gasped between to coughs. When her breathing steadied she lowered her voice and hissed. “You are sharing your hotel room with Flower and I’m in the hall in front of a room with two toddlers and Flower’s pregnant wife. Forget it Crosby.”

At the other end Sidney whined. “Come on. Give me at least a hint for sweet dreams.”

Viviane laughed. “Okay… I’m wearing some jeans shorts, a coral top and your jersey over it because I didn’t have the time to take it off after the game.”

Sidney sighed at the other end. “The picture in my mind looks so good… why can’t I just be home right now…”

“6 nights Sidney”

They talked a little more before Viviane passed the phone to Anakin so the boy could say good night to his father.

After they hung up, the Crosby’s drove to the rink with the Fleury’s met up with Vero’s parents.

Anakin’s eyes lit up and he got a little nervous when Viviane fixed the elbow protector around his arms and pulled the little Pens jersey over his head. Quickly she tied her own skated while Ani put on his helmet and the black golden hand shoes.

“Come on Crosby… time for practice.” She announced once she had her own mittens.
Anakin proudly stood straight up and wobbled towards the ice with his stick firmly in his hands. He took a few testing steps before ‘rushing’ down the ice. With the strides Viviane caught up to him and they skated two laps to warm up.
The figure skating class had just ended and the ice was fresh and sharp from the Zamboni.
A couple of mothers still sat in the stands waiting for their kids to change and watched the two on ice.

“Mom you mus’ go ba’war’s now.” Anakin scolded her when they finished their second lap and the little boy started going from blue line to blue line backwards. Sidney had taught him to stop once he crossed the other blue line so he wouldn’t crash into the boards if he wasn’t able to stop.

Viviane followed her sons advice and skated backwards.

“Now puck.” He ordered.
Viviane laughed at the tone her son used. It reminded her a lot of Sidney ordering around his team mates during practice of warm up.

“Oh boy if you will ever be a captain you will be a pain for your team mates.”

“I be cap’ain when I’m eighteen.”

Viviane raised her eyebrow. “Oh really? Which team will you be playing for when you are 18?”

“PI’SBURGH PEN’UINS” he exclaimed and beamed.

“Sorry buddy but then I’ll be the captain already” a breaking voice announced behind her. Viviane turned around and saw Austin Lemieux step onto the ice. She smiled at him and watched him pick up Anakin effortlessly. The little boy squealed and drummed onto the teenagers back.

“Do you wanna do a little puck handling with him? Just some basic stuff, passes, turns and stuff?” She asked.

“Sure” being the second youngest kid and only one year older than his younger sister, he never had anyone to teach some hockey to. Viviane tossed some blue pucks onto the ice and handed Austin his stick before sitting down on the boards by the benches.

While the boys were practicing, Viviane shot a short video and mailed it to Sidney so he had something nice to wake up to.

An hour later she pulled tiny skated from the feet of her half asleep toddler. Just like his father he had pushed himself and even after Austin had left he skated an extra round. One round is a long way when you are 3’5. At home she quickly bathed him and had him in bed by 6:30pm.
A new record for days without Sid.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry that it took me so long.
There is so much going on right now... But I'm already working on chapter 5 so the wait shouldn't be a long one.

Laiba, Olivia, Allison, Kelly, Lee, Hayley, Vivi, Tiff, Kendra and Zoe thank you so much. WOW 11 comments on one chapter. I don't think I ever had that many on only one chapter in this series so far. Keep it up girls :D I love hearing from you. To thank you 11, here is a picture of Sid and Jordan derping.