Status: Not completed,but now I'm free to write it.

The Chronicles of The Stone of Power:The Beginning

Chapter 2

Elaine cast the Energy Lighting at them,but it didn't work.The cloacked people were coming to her.Elaine then decided to try a mind cheat on them to make them go away.She wasn't good in it,but if powers that had physical influence on enemies don't work,she must try to influence on their mind.Elaine concentrated and went into their minds,and after a second she left them.She couldn't influence on them.She felt nothing exept evil,anger and darkness.
Elaine began to realise that everithyng she heared become quieter,all she saw was misty,and she began to have an unexplainable feeling,that she is being burnt in the impossible cold.The reality began to disappear in front of her.Evil was burning everything.Everything mixed in one grey space,which began to to turn dark."The death is close now,"-Elaine thought.-"Or something worse than death".But she wasn't afraid for herself.She was thinking about Sirius and Bella,who didn't know about how dangerous the cloacked ones can be.She wanted to help her friends,even if it was ipossible now.But suddenly she heared a voice shouting loudly'
-CHAOS BLAST!!!
The strange feeling of burning in ice disappeared and the vision began to return.Elaine began to see and hear again,but it was still hard to move.She realised that she is lying on the ground.There were no cloacked figures,but instead of them there were three people.The first was a freaky black hedgehog Elaine had seen yesterday.The second was a bat about 18,who was dressed into a black costume decorated with a big lilac heart on the top,white and lilac boots and the same colored gloves,she had huge eyelashes,blue eyeshadows and pink lip gloss.The third was a red and black robot with a small yellow head and red lights as eyes.
-Where are the cloacked people?-Elaine asked.
-They're dead,-the black hedgehog asked.

-Dead?How could you kill them?I tried both physical attack and mind invasion!
-Well,do you ever stop saying mad things?Nothing can compare to the power of Chaos Emeralds!And it's not 23rd century,understand that,-the hedgehog shouted in an annoyed tone.
-I guess I've already figured that out.And you can use the Chaos Emeralds?-Elaine shouted with a surprise in her voice.
-If you were thinking you're the only one who can do it,I have to surprise you but you're wrong!
-Give me the Emerald!
-I'm not gonna give something that belongs to me to a person I see only the second time!-Shadow said.
-I must save my friends!Give it to me!
-I can come with you and save your friends,but I won't give you the emerald!
-CHAOS CONTROL!!!-Elaine shouted,and the four teleported to another area.There were about ten cloacked ones,which were surrounding Sirius and Bella.They both were lying on the ground with closed eyes.
-CHAOS BLAST!!!-Shadow shouted.The powerful blast spread over the whole area for some seconds,and the cloacked people disappeared.Elaine saw that her friends were okay began to wake.
-What was that?-Bella asked.
-I don't know,-Elaine said,-but now we must take you both to the safe place.
All the six entered the nearest cafe.There were typical for 21st century light wooden seats covered with light leather,and tables made of golden metal covered with white tablecloth.The walls vere beige-colored and the lights were muted.People were sitting there and chatting about their business.The company sit around the table in the corner.
-Shall you order anything?-a waitor came to their table and asked Elaine.
-Five chilidogs,-Elaine named the first thing she saw in the menu.The waitor went to other tables asking people the same question.
-Thanks for saving us,-Elaine said to the unknown three.-I'm Elaine.And this is Sirius and Bella.
-I'm Shadow,-the hedgehog replied.Elaine was beginning to wonder if he had shown emotions in his life.His face was always cold and didn't show anything.Elaine had had a wish to look into his mind,but resisted it."I won't behave like Bella who reads everyone's minds from curiosity,"-she thought.-"I don't know if the hedgehog can defend his mind agaist someone's influence."-and this is Rouge,-Shadow pointed to the bat.-and E-123 Omega.-he pointed to the robot.-You can call him just Omega,-Rouge said.-We always call him like that.
-Do you have any idea about those cloacked ones?-Elaine asked.
-We met them about three times this day.-We have a task to find out what they are.
-We're working for G.U.N.,-Rouge explained.
-We think they're after the stone we found.-Sirius said.
-Don't you think they found it too quickly?-Shadow said.
-When how would you explain those strange people?-Sirius replied.-Believe or not,but we really live in the future.And we know that according the history nothing like that appeared neither in this decade,nor in this century!
In the same moment the group of the cloacked ones broke into the cafe.The people sitting there began to shout and run away.The black-cloacked people walked to the company's table.Elaine began to feel the same way she felt near the cloacked ones,but she tried not to faint as the last time.
-Give me the stone!-one of them said to Elaine.His woice was more similar to the steel chattering.Elaine took the Chaos Emerald from Shadow's hands.
-CHAOS LIGHTING!!!-she yelled.
A powerful blue lighting struck the cloacked ones,and they all disappeared.The people around looked scared.
-I think you'd better get out of there,-Elaine said.
-And now don't tell me they're after something else.-Sirius said to Shadow.
-We need to go to the Railvay Station to buy a ticket to the Mystic Ruins.I think I know who can tell us about the stone,-Rouge said.-Shadow,we'll have to use your car.It's too dangerous to go by feet.The G.U.N. building is close to here.
The six went to the G.U.N. building.Shadow's car was standing just in front of it.It was wery big and more reminded a tank than a car.But Elaine wasn't impressed.In her time she has seen much bigger,much faster and much more powerful transport.
-I'll drive,-Elaine said.-It will be faster.
Elaine sit at the first place.Bella and Sirius sit next to her.Shadow,Rouge and Omega sit in the back seating.Elaine turned the key and set the speed to maximum.
The car was driving with a crazy speed,but Elaine was from the future and could ride even more faster things.Elaine even liked driving in the high speed.The streets were almost empty,so she didn't need to avoid any cars.
Elaine stopped near the Railway Station.Everyone went out off the car.Elaine noticed that Shadow and Rouge were deadly pale.
-You're totally mad,-Shadow muttered under his nose.
-Well,if you don't like riding a car,why have you bought one?-Elaine asked.
-I don't mean driving a car generally,but driving it on such speed is madness!
-So you would like me to be as slow as a snail?
-No,I would like you to drive normal speed!
-Well,if you think driving like a snail is normal,it doesn't mean others think so!
-You're hopelessly mad...
Everyone went into the railvay station.The station walls and floors were made of green and beige stone,like the columns.Rouge lead everyone to the nearest cart and bought six tickets on the train which was about to leave.
-I think Knuckles might help us.
-Who is Knuckles?-Bella asked.
-He is a guardian of the Master Emerald,-Rouge said.-And a very nice guy.
Elaine recalled about the legends of Master Emerald,which,according to the histories,was a portal to the World of Energy.It was forbidden by the Dimensional Guardians to cross the portal between the worlds.But something told her there is a connection between the legends and the cloacked ones.
Everyone sat to the train.Rouge and Bella started talking,but Elaine didn't pay attention to them.She looked at the trees passing in the window.She felt all this might dissapear.She was thinking about the world.She sensed it was in danger.Everyone is in danger.Something terrible was about to happen.And if it happens,the world will have no future.Even her own existanse was questioned,along with Sirius' and Bella's.The existanse of the future was questioned."Why did I find it?Why did I tried to use it's power?It's all my fault!Maybe the world would die anyway,but it would have existed 200 years more."-she thought.She even didn't notice that the tears appeared on her cheeks."Maybe I must die,but why my friends and all the people I knew should die along with me?No!I won't let them!I will not let the future fade,even if it is how it supposed to be!I will not let everyone die,even if stopping it will cost my own life!Better me,than my friends and the future!This world has much bad in it,but it also has much good,and this good is worth fidhting and dying for it.Because it's better that this world exists with everything good and bad in it,than if it won't exist at all.It is always better to have something with all bad and good,than not have it at all."
Elaine turned and saw Shadow starring at her.She realised she was crying.Elaine was confused.She hated someone seeing her crying.Elaine wiped the tears.She looked at Shadow.His face was absolutely cold.Elaine looked into Shadow's eyes.But she seen not cold in them.There was understanding.Pity.His own memories.Bad memories."He is not the one he wants to look in the others' eyes.Something bad happened in his life."-Elaine thought.She wanted to read his mind again,but resisted her wish."It's too private."-she thought.
The train stopped.They arrived to the Mystic Ruins.By the difference from the Central City,there wasn't a railway station.There was just a wooden platform with stairs,as the raliways were above the ground.There was a hill,after which there was a mount,which was above the sea level.Elaine understood that the train is just passing the Mystic Ruins.Just above the sea,an island was hanging.
-Knuckles must be over there,-Rouge said.
-CHAOS LEVITATION!-Sirius shouted.
A cloud appeared around everyone,and everyone flew into the air.The cloud took everyone to the island.Shadow,Rouge and Omega looked surprised,but for Elaine it wasn't a surprise,as she seen Sirius using Chaos Levitation before.In the island,there was a pedistal with a big green emerald it."The Master Emerald,"-Elaine thought.But there wasn't anyone on it.
-He isn't here,-Rouge said.-We must go to his house.
They went to another side of the island to his house.Elaine thought word "house" is too much,because it was a hut made of stone.The wooden door was opened."Strange for such weather."-Elaine thought.
-Morning,Knux,-Rouge said.
There was no answer.
-Knuckles?-Rouge asked.
No answer.She opened the door.The ground floor consisted of only one room,but no one was here.Everyone went to the next floor,but Knuckles wasn't in the both of the rooms there.
-Maybe he went to his friends and forgot to close the door,-Rouge said.-Sirius,get us out of this island!
Everyone went out of the hut.Elaine noticedsomething shining near the door.Elaine picked it up.It was a blue Chaos Emerald.
-I think we'll be needing this,-she said and put the Emerald into the pocket separately from the stone.
Sirius used the Chaos Levitation to take everyone back from the Island.
-We must go to the Emerald Town and ask Tails and Sonic about Knuckles,-Rouge said.
Everyone went to the platform and waited to the train coming to the Emerald Town.They sat to the train and come to the Emerald Town.The Emerald town looked like a tipycal 21st century suburb where middle-class people lived.Small,but clean buildings,straight tropiaries and grass.But two buildings were not like others.First was shaped like a mobian fox head wit eye-shaped windows and a door instead of mouth.And the second was a small steel building with a drawing of two tails on it and a fountain near it.Everyone went to the steel building.Inside it was full of computers and workshops.A 15 year-old blue green-eyed hedgehog was standing there,and a red blue-eyed fox about 8 years was sitting on the chair turned away from the computer.
-I haven't seen him too,-a hedgehog said.
-Good morning,-Rouge said.
-Good morning,Shadow,Rouge,Omega,-the fox said.-What brings you here?And who are they?
-This is Elaine,Sirius and Bella.
-Omg,looks like you've got new friends,-the hedgehog said in a joking tone,-the one is similar to Maria.I guess that's the reason you're friends.
Elaine,Sirius,Bella and Shadow got very frustrated.
-Sonic,can you ever talk without jokes?-Shadow said.
"Who is Maria?Is she related to that Shadow"-Elaine thought.But something told her she wasn't just related to him.They were close to each other,or othervise Sonic wouldn't make a joke about Elaine's similarity to Maria.And she understood that something terrible has happened to that girl.
-We need your help,-Rouge said.-We can't find Knuckles.
-We can't find him too,-Tails said.-He didn't come to us and we didn't find him at home.
-It all is strange,-Bella said.-First the cloacked ones,now a strange disappearance.
-What is "cloacked ones"?-Sonic asked.
-Well,we saw some black-cloacked people in the Central City,-Elaine said.-And they have a strange influence on people.
-I think we'd better go to G.U.N. and tell them everything,-Sonic said.-The Central City is not far from here.
Everyone went to the Central City,which was not far from Emerald Town.Luckily,there were no cloacked people on the way.They found the G.U.N. building.They went inside and went to the 1st floor by the elevator.Shadow found the G.U.N. commander,who was a tan silver-haired man about 60,whose eyes were different colors,and who was wearing a uniform.Elaine thought it's better to stay away from this man,because most people whose eyes had different colors were living a double life and were lying to someone.
-Did you discover what are those cloacked ones,Shadow?-the G.U.N. commander asked.
-We don't know much,but they are not usual.They make everyone faint and only Chaos Powers affect them.We also found out strange disappearances began to happen.We found the people who met them.-Shadow pointed to Elaine,Sirius and Bella.
Everyone went to the Shadow's office.It three had usual 21st century desks,white lamps on them,black leather armchairs near the desks,The walls were white,as in many offices of that time,and the floor was in grey carpet.
Shadow placed one of his Chaos Emeralds to his desk.The G.U.N. commander sat on Shadow's desk.
-When did you see them?Describe everything.-the commander said.
-Sirius and I were on our way to the Internet cafe,-Bella said.-And suddenly we were surrounded.Suddenly all sounds began to disappear,all in eyes began to turn gray,and after became darker with every second.We also felt like burning in the ice.After that we heared someone using Chaos Blast,and our senses got back to us.Then we realised Elaine took your workers to us.
-I had the same when I was on my way to the library,but Shadow,Rouge and Omega found and saved me from the cloacked ones,-Elaine said.
The G.U.N. commander typed something on the piece of paper.
-What about the disappearance?-the commander asked.
-It was Knuckles the Echidna,who lived in the Angel Island,-Shadow said.We came to visit him when we found it out.
-He could disappear by another reason.Many people who live far from civilization disappear without coming back,-the G.U.N. commander said.
-Knux was able to protect himself,-Rouge said.-I don't think he would disappear just by some accident.
-Anyway,finding lost people is a job for police and private detectives,but not G.U.N.-the commander said.
-But don't you think the cloacked ones were behind it?-Shadow asked.
-Possibly,-the G.U.N. commander said.-But it all will be solved later.
-But they might kill him!-Rouge yelled.
-I told you it's not our job,-the commander said.-Shadow,Rouge,Omega,use the government computer to research the information about the cloacked people.You,-he pointed to Elaine,Sirius and Bella.-You can go.
Everyone went out of the office.the G.U.N. commander closed the door with the key and gave it to Shadow.Shadow,Rouge,Omega and the G.U.N. commander went to another floor by the elevator.Elaine,Sirius and Bella took a seat at the corridor.Elaine even didn't realise that everything went dark and she didn't sense anything.She also didn't realise the same happened to Sirius and Bella.
***
-It's impossible.The G.U.N. commander locked the office and gave the key to me!
-Well,everything can happen especially if there are so much strange things around!
-Don't lie to me!It's your jewelery mania again!
Elaine suddenly woke up.She saw Shadow and Rouge arguing loudly.She looked at the window.There was already dark.But what happened?She tried to recall something,but recalled only the thing everything went dark.Elaine woke up Sirius and Bella.
-Mmm...What was that?-Sirius asked when woke up.
-Do you remember anything?-Elaine asked.
-Only that everything went dark in my eyes.
-Me too,-Bella finally woke up.
The three stood up and came to Shadow and Rouge.
-What happened?-Elaine asked.
-The Emerald's gone,-Shadow answered.-And you might've stole it.-he looked at Rouge.
-I can check it.The Chaos Emerald shows a light near her if it is with her.-Elaine said and took the Emerald from her pocket.-CHAOS LOCATION!-Elaine shouted.Nothing happened.-She didn't do it,-Elaine said.-The Emerald shows nothing.
-Then who?-Shadow said.-Who could've done this?
-We all don't know.I think we'd better return to the hotel,-Elaine said.
-And get caught by the cloacked people?-Rouge asked.-No,I think it would be better if we all go to Club Rouge!At least it would be easier for us to handle the cloacked ones together if we meet them.
Everyone went out of the G.U.N. building.The evening was not as good as yesterday.Today all the sky was in dark clouds,as the weather itself was telling about danger.Club Rouge was not far from the G.U.N. Building.It was a bright and shining building wit a big lighting board on the top."Club Rouge"-the board said.In the door,there was a table "closed",which had shown that the club is closed.Rouge took the key and opened the door.
Inside,everything was shining and sparkling,like outside.Elaine understood Rouge has a jewelery mania,just like Shadow said.It was seen in the club interior.
Rouge sat all the five near the table with a violet tablecloth,and went somwhere.After some minutes,she returned with five cups of tea,put them on a table,sat near it and gave everyone exept Omega a cup of tea.Elaine didn't want to drink,but she drunk a bit to be polite.The tea tasted unusually,but tasty.
-So now tell me how did you three got here.-Rouge said.
-You won't believe anyway.-Elaine said.
-Oh,come on.Shadow can travel in time too.I'm sure we'll understand.
-Well,it's a long story to tell,but I'll tell you that we've seen something like a meteor.We saw it flying to the small cloning base.We began to afraid that the meteor crushes the base and many people will get killed,and we went to stop it.When we ran here,it had already fallen,but we were surprised that the base was okay.Instead of the blown up base,we saw something shining on the top.We went to get it and found this,-Elaine took the stone out of her pocket.-We tried to use our Energy Identify skills,but when we used it,we got here.
-The cloning base?Energy Identify skills?What's that?-Rouge asked.
-Well,in our time,we have the bases where the DNA experients are held and where people grow clones.That's the cloning bases.And the Energy Identify skills,-Elaine looked at Shadow's face.He looked confusedbut Elaine continued teling.-Long time to tell about Energy in general,but Energy Identify is a skill where we use the Energy to see something about something.
-Do you have some ideas about the stone?-Rouge asked.
-All the Chaos Emeralds belong to the government for many years,so it's definitely not a Chaos Emerald.But it might be somehow connected to them.All I know from the legends about the Emeralds is that every Emerald is a portal to each of the seven dimensions,and the Master Emerald is a portal to the World of Energy,or the World of Souls,or the world of dead,how most people call it.Did you find anything in the government computer?
-Nothing.-Rouge said.
-That G.U.N. commander person looks strange,-Elaine said.-I think he is connected to all this if he talked like that about the misterious disappearances.
-Are you mad?-Shadow asked with a chocked tone.-HE PROTECTS THE WORLD!HE CAN'T BE BEHIND THIS!
-I also think he isn't connected to this,-Bella agreed.-He doesn't have a motive.
-I know the G.U.N. commander for a long time,-Rouge said.-He would have never done anything against the country and the world.
-Well,he might've been acting all this time.-Elaine said.
-He's not a person of this kind,-Rouge said andlooked at the clock.-Oh,it's time to sleep!Go to the second floor.There are four bedrooms.Omega doesn't need a bed,and I can sleep on the sofa.Here's the key!-Rouge has given the key to Elaine.
Elaine walked up the stairs and opened the door to the second floor.It was as bright and shining as the first.Shadow,Sirius and Bella went to the floor and took three bedrooms.Elaine went to the remaining room.The bedroom wasn't like the corridor.It had lilac walls,dark wooden floor and a modern furniture made from dark wood.Elaine felt uncomfortable that she used one of Rouge's bedrooms.But she wasn't going to sleep anyway."They looked in the government computer.But it's unlikely that they looked in the deleted information.That G.U.N. commander acts strange.I don't trust him.I think he's up to something.He could've deleted the information.No one's gonna believe me,so I'll have to go myself.At least,it's not the first time I'm doing something without others' support"Elaine waited till it has became absolutely quiet.After that she used her Energy Invisibility to become invisible,took her Chaos Emerald,jumped out off the window and successfully landed on the road.Now she was running to break into the G.U.N. building to research the deleted information for the materials about the cloacked ones.For others this idea would've seem mad,but Elaine knew she could handle this.She had to do it for the world and for the future.
***
Shadow couldn't sleep.One phrase was spinning in his head "The Master Emerald is a portal to the World of Energy,or the World of Souls,or the world of Dead".Of course,Elaine was a mad freak,but she might've told the truth.Shadow woke up and went to the computer.He turned it on,connected to the Internet,and opened the browser.Most of the bookmarks were sites about jewelery,although there was one search program bookmark.He opened the search program and typed "Master Emerald-the portal to the world of dead".The search program showed the results.On the first page there was a result "The Legend of the Master Emerald-The Legends of the Chaos Emeralds"Shadow opened it.The legend said that the Master Emerald was a portal to the World of Energy,but it was forbidden to cross it for everyone exept the Guardians.In the bottom of the page,there was a writing "More legends:" and three names of the legends.The names were:"The Chaos Emeralds:The dimensional portals","Chaos Control:The Time Travel",and "Chaos Mind Connection:the Telepathy".Shadow understood that everything Elaine said was the truth.But he was more interested in the third legend.He loaded the page with the story.It said about s tribe of echidnas,who were able to use the Chaos Emeralds for telepathy.They could even connect their mind to the souls of the dead to talk to them.A small light of hope lit in Shadow's mind.He will talk to Maria if he learns to use Chaos Mind Connection.He will hear her again.Shadow walked to the wardrobe in the room and opened it.It was full of clothes,but Shadow saw a Chaos Emerald hidden under the dress skirt."So that's where Rouge hides her Emerald!Among clothes!"-Shadow thought.He took the Emerald.
-Chaos Mind Connection.-Shadow whispered quietly.
Seconds were going,but nothing happened.Everything was absolutely quiet.Shadow was waiting."Maria,please,hear me!"-Shadow thought.He was waiting for minutes,and after that he threw the Chaos Emerald.Tears appeared on his eyes.
***
"Maria,please,hear me!"
She didn't knew how long this darkness lasted,but suddenly she heared his voice.All memories were returning to her.She saw a light.She saw Shadow's face.She started hearing.The darkness was fading.The sound of horrible iron chattering disappeared.Every moment of her every life has been flying trough her eyes,and they all were joined like a fast-spinning film.Now everything was absolutely clear.Now a soul Maria Elizabeth Molly,the Guardian of the Fourth Dimension,woke up from a dark dream.She found out that she was in the Dark Sphere.She used the Energy Light to break it.She was finally free.

To be continued...