Status: Not completed,but now I'm free to write it.

The Chronicles of The Stone of Power:The Beginning

Chapter 3

Elaine went into the G.U.N. building.The light was on,as such organisations worked even at this time,the only difference was that everything was run by robots.But all the robots were shut down today.Elaine became more and more suspicious,and the fact that all the Guard Robos were off only made her suspect the G.U.N. Commander more.Everything was unusually quiet,but she knew it only seemed to be so.She felt there is something hidden.Something that would do only bad to others.Elaine prepared herself to be ready for everything.She knew the answer was somwhere near.She was ought to find the Main Computer.
The interior was very simple.White painted walls,stone-like tiles on the floor,leather armchairs,and light beige rugs on the floor.A map of all 15 floors was hanging on the wall.The elevator with wooden doors was on.Elaine was surprised with this,as she thought it would be strange to turn off the robots and not to turn off the elevator."But it even gives me an advantage,as I don't need to break through the window."-she thought.Elaine looked to the building map.It showed that the government computer was on the 10th floor.Elaine called the elevator to the ground floor and waited quietly till it came.Anyway,she didn't have to worry that somebody sees her,as she was invisible.Elaine walked into the elevator and pushed the button with number 10.She saw the elevator taking off.From Elaine's view,the elevator was going terribly slowly,as in her time all the machines were much faster.However,the higher the elevator was,the more she felt a trap was somewhere.Elaine held her Chaos Emerald tighter,preparing to cast the Chaos Lightning at any moment.
The elevator stopped exactly at the 10th floor.Inside,everything was very similar to a lab.This floor wasn't separated into rooms.Lots of computers and mechanisms were int the room,and robots that should have been working at this time,were shut down like in all the other floors of the building.Elaine saw a big computer in the center and thougt that it is exactly the main computer.It was on,and the robot holding a rubbish bin was standing near it.At the screen,there were lots of signed markings and a cursor.Below the screen,there was a table with buttons signed as letters,numbers and function names.There also was a panel with two buttons below it that had no names.Elaine walked towards the computer and touched the panel.The cursor moved the same as her finger.Elaine then pointed the cursor to the marking signed as "Deleted files",and pushed the left button.A window popped up.It said "Enter a password to access this feature".
-Oh no,-Elaine said with a disappointment.She accidently stepped back and pulled the trashcan off the robot's hands.The trashcan dropped on the floor and all the rubbish rooled of it.Elaine turned away and used her telekinesis to put the rubbish back into the bin.But one thing from the rubbish attracted her attention.It was a small computer chip with a paper stick to it.Elaine pulled it into her hands with a telekinesis.Then she looked at the piece of paper with a surprise."The Dark Souls"-the letters written on the paper said.It was written in pen."That's already interesting."-Elaine thought.
Her feelings told her that the answer was here.Nothing happened by accident,and she knew it.Elaine inserted the chip into the Main Computer.A window on the screen popped up telling that a new device has been inserted.Elaine loaded the chip.There were lots of documents,and they all were telling of The Dark Souls.Elaine didn't hesitate to open the first file.
The information in the first file said about the legends of echidna tribes.According to them,Dark Souls were ancient spirits,servants of Lord Arehil,the evil spirit from the world of Energy.The Dark Souls could travel from The World of Energy into all the material dimensions with no need of a body.From the beginning of their existance they were seeking for The Chaos Emeralds,but they couldn't locate it or see it as long as all the Guardians of the Dimensions were at their places.
Elaine knew the legends of the echidna tribes,but she didn't read that part of them.However,she had no doubts that the cloaked ones were the Dark Souls.
-They can't locate it or see it as long as all the Guardians of the Dimensions are at their places...-Elaine repeated the line from the text.She wondered if some of The Guardians was captured by the Dark Souls.
Elaine quickly opened the next files.They were saying about the origin of Chaos Emeralds and The Stone of Power.The Stone of Power once posessed the power of all seven Chaos Emeralds along with it's own power,the Power of Order.Combined together,these two powers allowed to control absolutely everything in all the dimensions and The World of Energy,and change the structure of the worlds itself.It used to belong to the Guardians,who used it to keep the dimensions peaceful and just.But when Lord Arehil and The Dark Souls started seeking the Stone,it was split by the Guardians into seven Chaos Emeralds and the Order Emerald.The Dark Souls could sense The Stone of Power in one piece,but they couldn't locate the Order Emerald with all the Guardians at their places.They still could sense the Chaos Emeralds,but the they couldn't power of Chaos.With the Stone of Power split,they couldn't harm neither the Seven dimensions,nor The World of Energy.As long as all the Guardians were there.
The G.U.N. Commander was somehow connected to all of this.However,Elaine wasn't very surprised with this.From the moment she met that person she felt he wasn't the one he seems to be.And so it was.She understood he was hiding something,because
Elaine opened the last remained file called "The Chosen One".She wondered why a file was given such a weird name,but names of the files weren't so important now.The facts were more important now.Elaine started rading the text on the screen.
"Once the world was balanced and peaceful.The Guardians used to guard the Seven Dimensions with The Stone of Power,which posessed powers of Chaos and Order,and The Master Emerald,which had control of all the Life Energy.But that was until one of them was corrupted by his power thirst.He betrayed the others and turned against them.His real name was forgotten with years,but the new name he designed himself is still feared among all souls and spirits.Lord Arehil,how he was known by his new name,began to conquer all the worlds and hunt for the Guardians.With time power completely corrupted him,he lost everything good that was in him,and turned pure evil.The Guardians had nothing to do but to split The Stone of Power into 7 Chaos Emeralds and The Order Emerald.Arehil and his followers couldn't find the Stone if it was split into pieces,but they're still hunting for it.They use their power to control people's emotions and turn them to The Dark Side.But there is one soul that will be able to end it.He will have more spiritual power than any other,and his mind will be able to resist the temptation of The Dark Side.He will be able to reunite all the pieces of The Stone of Power and use it to destroy Arehil.He will be The Chosen One."
Elaine understood that seeking for The Chosen One was useless.To find a soul in another world where she was unable to go was almost impossible.She also knew that without this person the world might cease to exist.But she knew there still was hope.There always was hope.
She took the chip out of the computer and hid it into a secret pocket inside her jacket.Now all she had to do is to get out of here quickly.Elaine walked to the button near the elevator and called it back.However,when she called the button she began to sense danger.She stepped back from the elevator,preparing to face the menace in it.The elevator didn't make her wait a long time.So did the danger.
As the elevator opened,the G.U.N. Commander stepped out of it.Elaine understood that all her suspects were true,and the G.U.N. commander was really behind it.She wasn't surprised with this,and when he came in,she didn't show any emotion.
-What are you doing here?-Elaine asked with no emotion in her voice.
-I must ask you the same,-The commander replied with a smirk on his face.It was seen by him that he was glad he caught her.And he was also glad that she was puzzled with his mistery.
-I know you're behind this all,-Elaine said in the same emotionless tone.-I just don't know why.-Her voice became doubtful.-Why are you doing this?
-You've interfered into my plans for the last time.-he replied as if he didn't hear anything she said.
Elaine's face was still like a mask that showed no emotion,but inside her she was worried.But she wasn't worried about herself.She was worried about others.She knew he is plotting sonething against others,but she didn't know what.She knew that this is about to come true.But not until she is dead!Not until she fights against him!
-But you already started to kill others yourself by bringing here The Order Emerald and another Chaos Emerald.-He smirked again and showed a green Chaos Emerald,the one Shadow lost the day before.
-You didn't take one thing in account,-Elaine smirked in answer.-You'll have to get them from me first.-With these words Elaine cast a burst of fire into the G.U.N. commander.He blocked it with his bare hands.Elaine understood that he was a powerful enemy.She jumped into the air before he attempted to cast a lightning on her.The lightning stroke some devices.Elaine used the same lightning at the G.U.N. Commander,but he blocked it again.Defense was Elaine's weak point in combat,and she saw that it was her opponent's strength.She jumped into the air again casting a tornado on him,but he blocked it again and used a box behind her to make her stumble.She paid attention in time and used her own telekinesis to throw the box out of her side.Then she took her own Chaos Emerald.
-CHAOS BLAST!!!-Elaine yelled,but the G.U.N. Commander used his own Chaos Emerald to create a dark sheild and block it.She extinguished the room with a water wave and then moved the wave to her enemy.He created a wall of fire to dry all the water.
The G.U.N Commander had powerful defensive skills,which was Elaine's weak point.She understood that in some aspects he was better than her,as he had more experience.Elaine performed her best attacks,but he met them with a strong defense that withdrawn them,or even redirected them into her.She didn't show her weakness to her opponent,but neither did he.After some time,she began to feel exhausted,however she didn't show it.She tried to be so fast that he couldn't see her."Chaos Acceleration!"-she mentally said and then used the wet in the air to grow icy claws on her hands.First he didn't understand what she was up to,but when she used her inceased speed in attempt to wound him with her claws,he created a powerful wind to throw her into the wall.Elaine hit her back,but quickly healed it with her Chaos Heal.He attempted to use telekinesis to get her Emerald,but she took it with her own before he succeeded.
-CHAOS LIGHTNING!!!
-DARK FIRE!!!
They casted their attacks simultaneously,and a burst of black fire met a bluish green lightning.Elaine held her Emerald tighter to overpower the G.U.N. Commanders attack,but when her lightning almost reached him,he used the Chaos Emerald to turn his fire into a sheild."I must find a way to avoid his defense"-Elaine thought.And in the same moment an idea came up to her head.What is she tries to gain control over his body and he lets her escape.She sometimes used a Chaos Emerald Energy to control other people's bodies,but she used to do this on other people before,but never used to do it on such strong enemies before.But she decided not to risk,becuse she thought of deforming the floor under his feet.It wasn't so risky,so she pointed her hand on the black fire sheild.
He then stumbled and fell on the floor,losing control of his black fire sheild.When the sheild disappeared,Elaine cast a lighting on him.The lighting hit her enemy and soon he fell unconsious.Elaine then released the lighting.He was alive,but weak.Ealine then used her telekinesis to take the Emeralds,and went to the elevator to activate the Guard Robos and make them arrest the G.U.N. Commander.But something she did not expect happened.when she turned her back on her enemy,he awake and pointed his hand at her and made the room fill with a black smoke.
Elaine held her breath,but in the next moment she understood that it was useless.The smoke was a dark power that will knock her out anyway.Elaine fell on the floor,unable to stop her senses from fading,just like the first time when she met The Dark Souls.
***
First thing Elaine felt after fading was cold steel floor she was lying on.All her body was aching.It was cold and wet,as if she was left alone in the street on a rainy weather.Her hands were bound behind her back in steel handcuffs."Am I still alive?"-Elaine wondered.The Energy was dark here.The G.U.N. Commander was here,she had no doubt of it.She felt danger.Something bad was here.But something good also was here.It also was close.This made her confused.
Elaine opened her eyes.She was in a room with metal walls and floors.it wasn't hard to guess that it was a cell.There was a steel automatic door in the room,so a regular prisoner couldn't escape.A round window was opposite the door.She could hear the groan of an engine motor here,so she presumed that this place was a plane or a spaceship.But she felt a life form in this room.Elaine looked at the corner of the room and saw a mobian fox child.
It was the fox she saw in the lab yesterday,whom Rouge referred as Tails.But now he looked as if he was tortured by someone.His fur was dirty,he had a lot of wounds and cuts on his body.Elaine was surprised why G.U.N. commander and his pals were so cruel to an innocent child.The fox was lying on the floor,covering himself with his tails.He also had handcuffs.Elaine wondered if he is asleep, or inconcious,as Elaine sensed that he was alive.
Elaine sat on the floor and thought how to release her hands.She first thought of using fire,but her hands were tied behind her back,and without a visual contact there was a great risk to set her clothes on fire.Then she recalled of her plasma knife.She always wore it under her jacket in case she will need to fight without using the Energy.Elaine used her telekinesis to get the knife,pulled the trigger to release the blade enough for cutting the chain betweenthe handcuffs.After it was done,Elaine turned off the knife and used the Energy to heat the handcuffs and release her hands completely.Then she came to the corner of the room where Tails was lying to examine the fox.
His injures weren't serious,and Elaine easily healed the child.He then opened his eyes.
-Elaine?-Tails said with a surprise.-What does this mean?Where am I?
-Most likely where the G.U.N. Commander is.-Elaine said with a slight sign of being worried..-He is not what he pretends to be,but I will protect you until we get out of here.How did you end up here?
-I went to the Angel island to see if Knuckles is back when I saw the Guard Robos stealing the Master Emerald.I tried to fight them off,but they were stronger,-he sounded sad.-And you?
-I found out the truth about the people in black,if it's possible to call them people.Then I was fought down by the G.U.N. Commander.No we must get out of here before they haven't done anything to us.-Elaine helped Tails stand up and went closer to the automatic door.
-Stand back.-Elaine commanded and the fox went closer to the window.She then cast a ball of lava to heat the door.The ball burned a hole in the door,which would be enough for them both to climb out.Elaine went first in order to check if there is anything dangerous.Tails went next.Outside the cell,there was a metal corridor with lots of steel automatic doors like the one Elaine has just burned.Between the two doors there was an emergency escape plan.
-They have escape cabins on the lowest level.I think we can use them.-Elaine said quietly.She took Tails' hand and put an invisibility on herself and the fox so as not to be seen by the Guard Robos.
-What is this?-Tails exclaimed.-You are invisible!And me...-Elaine put a hand on Tails' mouth so he couldn't finish the sentence.
-Please,be quiet.-she wispered.-It's the Energy Invisibility.Now it's safer for us both as no one sees us.-she said no one sees them,but she knew it's not right,her skills were enough to make them invisible for the Guard Robos,but even if she could decieve other's eyes,the G.U.N. Commander would've sensed their presence anyway.Elaine thought that she needed to help Tails escape.
-I need to get something before I leave,-Elaine whispered.-Stay close to me.If something goes wrong,run and escape when you see by a first possibility.Take this,it will help you to defend yourself when need.-she gave him her knife.-When you escape,go to Club Rouge and tell Sirius and Bella I found something that reveals the G.U.N. Commander's true nature.If I won't come,hand them this,-she handed a chip to the little fox.-Avoid people in black cloaks.Don't ask anything,just do as I say!-she sounded worried when she finished.
-Sure.-Tails agreed.
-Now I must find the G.U.N. Commander.-Elaine said quietly looking on the escape plan.She sensed that he is close,then she heared his voice coming from the vent.
-You must find the designs.Our fortune depends on them.-the G.U.N. Commander said to someone.
-I've searched through all the Soleanna libraries and archives but there were no signs of them.They must've been hidden by the developer.-a heavy cold female voice said.
-Search through all the Palace.I don't think they're somewhere else.-he replied to the speaker.
-What about the Queen?-the speaker asked in a tone as if she was speaking about an old thing no one needs.
-I don't know what you're talking about.-another female voice cried out.Then Elaine heard the sound of an Energy Lightning and cries of the same woman.Elaine understood that if she won't hurry,someone gets killed.She came to the door of that room while the shouts were getting louder.
-Tell me where have you hidden the designs!-he yelled with an anger.
-Never!
-TELL ME!!!
-NO!!!
-Then I see no point of keeping her alive.-the cold female voice said followed by a sound of something being turned off.
Elaine understood that it's time to interrupt and pushed the door switch.
Just when the G.U.N. Commander was standing ready to shoot a lighting,Elaine lost her invisibilty and entered the room,quickly using her telekinesis to get the Chaos Emeralds and the Order Emerald from a table in the room.
Besides the table,the room also had a huge screen havging on the wall and a chair.Walls and floors also were metallic.In the center,the G.U.N. Commander was standing with anger on his face.In front of him a woman was lying.She was about the same age as Elaine,maybe a bit older.Her face was beautiful,but scarred and dirty.She had cuts on her body and her clothes were half torn.
Elaine hated the G.U.N. Commander for his plans,but she didn't give in to her hatred.He then left the woman turned his head on Elaine,but before he could do anything,Elaine cast a lightning on him,leaving him unconcious.Elaine then ran to someone he referred as "the Queen".
-Are you okay,Your Highness?-Elaine asked helping the Queen up.-We should leave.
-Yes,-the Queen said.-And who are you?
-No time to explain.We must leave now.-Elaine sounded worried because the G.U.N. Commander could wake up at any moment.All the three went into the corridor and closed the door from the outside.Luckily,the Queen was able to walk on her own,because the idea or carrying someone on her back didn't make Elaine glad.Now they had to escape the ship.
-I know the way to escape.This way!-Elaine led them to another metal door and opened it.Inside,there was a room with lots of bags and containers near the walls,and a staircase in the ceneter.The group went to the lowest level by the staircase.Then they opened the metal door and turned up in another corridor.Unfortunately,only now Elaine realised she forgot to put the invisibility on them.The Guard Robos were coming to them.
-Target detected!Prisoner escape!Initialising Battle Mode...-the robots were definitely not friendly towards Elaine and those she was trying to save.
-CHAOS BLAST!-Elaine summoned a powerful blast with her Emeralds in order to blow up the robots.After the robots were destroyed,she led them to another metal door and opened it.Inside,there was a room with five escape blocks.They finally reached it.But when everyone was about to sit into the cabin,the G.U.N Commander with a bunch of Guard Robos went into the room.
-Nice try.-he said with a smirk.
-TAKE OFF!!!I'LL DISTRACT HIM!!!-Elaine yelled to the others.-CHAOS BLAST!!!
The blow up was enough to destroy the robots,but the G.U.N. Commander created a fire sheild.By the time Tails and the Queen sat into the escape cabins and pulled the emergency trigger.Two cabinswere out through the hatches int he floor.
-CHAOS CONTROL!!!-Elaine held the two Chaos Emeralds to double the Chaos Control.The G.U.N. Commander was still able to move,but his moves were much slower.Elaine then used her telekinesis to knock him into the wall and fall unconsious.Elaine then put out her Chaos Control,ran to the escape cabin,climebed in and pushed the emergency trigger.Her cabin was thrown out of the ship trough a hatch,and now the block was flying to the ground through the cabin's window,Elaine could see two other blocks.Now she had something that could help her.he fight wasn't lost yet.The fight wasn't over yet.She will fight.And there was still a chance that she would win.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally!I did it!Sorry I didn't write for long,just I've been out of muse.