Daddy's Home

Chapter Six

After that Friday life went on like usual. Adam moved into the main house, with his dad leaving too. Before, Adam’s dad wasn’t supposed to leave for another month, but they were so short on men, he couldn’t stay.
My mom went to work on Monday and left me and Adam to ourselves.

“So how are you taking things?” He asked me in a small voice.
“Meh. I mean Things are okay. It’s only been four days.” I shrugged.
“Yeah. Things are the same. Before he came home.” I looked over to see him playing with a string on his shirt.
“Exactly how I feel. I just can’t wait for Mellissa to be home. I need her back. Only 2 and a half months of Summer left and she’s been gone for a third of it.” I sighed.
“I know what you mean. I really miss my friends from Nevada. I just wish I could go up there and visit.” I half smiled and looked up at me.
“It must really suck being all alone for a while.”
“I’ve got you.” He smiled with his eyes. “I’m just glad my dad dumped me with nice people. You and your mom are amazing.”
“Thanks.”
After some silence I yawned and looked at the clock. It was only one.
“Oh my god! Im wasting away! Lets do something!” I almost yelled.
He laughed, “Like what?”
“Ask one of your friends to come over and we can all hang out. Anna’s coming over today. We’re going to a party tonight! Lets all do that. Oh my god yes!”
“Oh my god! Ok!” Adam laughed at me again. I rolled my eyes and stood up from the couch and ran upstairs to text Anna. I decided to put on some mascara and put on some shorts and a band tee. Nirvana of course.
“Sarah, Anna’s here!” Adam called from down stairs.
I ran down the narrow stairwell and saw Anna in the doorway and I gave her a hug. Then Adam told me that his friend Mike was coming over. I went upstairs so Anna and I could bull shit before Mike got here.
“You weren’t kidding. He’s really hot.” Anna smiled. “I think you two would look cute together. I mean.. just aww.”
“Anna, even if I like him, he won’t go out with me.’ I sighed.
“Maybe tonight you’ll get lucky.” She laughed and I rolled my eyes.

~~~That Night ~~~

We all piled into my truck. Anna, without a doubt, had a thing for Mike. I mean, the text she sent me saying, “Holy Crap! He’s hot!” might have something to do with that thought.
“I haven’t gone to a California party yet. This is amazing.” Adam laughed. He was actually sitting up front with me and Anna and Mike were in the back seat… flirting. They were definitely hitting it off.
“Well, California parties are pretty chill… I guess.” I laughed. To be honest, in my mind I was thinking about all the things Adam could do to make me fall for him tonight. I looked beside me to see him glancing toward me. Then a loud Anna laugh echoed in the cab and we all started cracking up. And we pulled up to Jason’s house. Jason was one of my best friends. He was a total spaz. I loved him to death.
The gate was already open and the house was bright and you could hear the music from the driveway.
“Holy. Fuck.” Adam said looking through the window. “Nevada looks like shit compared to this.” He sighed and sat back into his chair. I laughed at him and I called Jason so he could open his garage for me. At all of his parties I was able to park in his garage, cause I’m special. The door creaked open and I pulled in and I parked. We all basically ran out of the car we ran through the door and I saw Jason right in front of the couch. I laughed at him and ran up to give him a hug.
“Tonight’s gunna be fun.” He smiled and we all went to the kitchen.
I grabbed the beer that was in the cooler and I chugged it almost automatically. It totally calmed me and made me feel numb for a second. I forgot about my dad and partied.

Adam’s POV

I honestly just felt like an idiot at this party. I didn’t know anyone and when I saw Sarah she was having so much fun. After a few hours everyone was wasted except for me, Sarah, Mike and Anna. I watched as people started falling down and then I saw Anna and Mike go upstairs. Sarah and I looked at eachother an laughed. It was about one in the morning at this point and we really wanted to go home. I guess Anna and Mike would be okay…
Sarah and I got into the garage and she handed me the keys so I could drive, I guess she wasn’t up for it. So I pulled onto the rocky road and I truned onto the main highway.
“ I wasn’t expecting the two of them…” Sarah trailed off. I looked over at her and I just loved the way her face softened when she was deep in thought. I knew I shouldn’t be thinking this way. I was living in her house with her mom. CAN’T be thinking this way.
“I guess now we all have an excuse to hang out now.” I joked, secretly trying to hint that I wanted to see more of her.
“Melissa’s gunna flip when she gets back. Mike… ex-boyfriend… not a good sign.” She laughed and folded her hand over the window.
“Well, the party was fun.” I smiled while watching the road.
“I didn’t know you were such a good dancer. I was sincerely surprised.” She chucked. Good chuckle? Bad chuckle? I don’t know.
“Dances. My dad was always on my ass about how I danced at dances.”
“Oh god! I would’ve loved to see that!” She laughed.
“No. Just no. It was terrible.” I smiled remembering the times my dad was home.
“Well, my mom taught me how to dance. That was a very interesting… it was the worst fucking thing ever.” She rubbed her temple. She had so many cute little things she did and I knew almost every single on of them.
“Well, good thing we looked like idiots together.” I smiled.

Sarah’s POV

I woke up the next morning almost dead. I was so tired but, I was seeing a movie with Lydia. My friend that lived right across the street. We decided on a matinee. We were both exhausted from the party. So, we carpooled to the theatre and got tickets, and yadah yadha yadha. To the good part.

We sat down in the middle section of the giant room and the movie started almost instantly. It was awesome. Kick butt action and everything. The Avengers. THEN Captain America came on screen. Lydia and I sqealed and laughed. Then we started whispering about his abs. I was laughing and staring and whispering. Then:

“OMG can you shut up?” We heard behind us. I turned around with a shitty look on my face and I realized who it was. It was Adam and one of his friends.
“Are you kidding me?” I sighed. “What a great friend Adam.” He just stayed quiet with a stern look on his face. I stood up and stamped out of the movie theatre. Whoever that guy was, was a total ass. We weren’t even making that much noise and Adam didn’t even apologize when he saw it was me. Fuck. I can’t get a break.
Lydia and I left and we decided to go hang out in my room at my house and watch some movies till like 5. Lyd had a family thing tonight, unfortunately. I was stuck in a house with Adam. Oh joy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment! Recomend! <3