Daddy's Home

Chapter Eight

After Adam left me to go to his room, I decided to go up to mine and write a song on my guitar. I sat and wrote about him for hours until I looked up at my clock and saw that it was already one in the morning. I reread my song and realized how jumbled my feelings were. I liked him, I liked his personality, his looks, his everything. But, I barely knew anything about him. What should I do?
I went to bed with those thoughts in my head and dreamt about my dad and how everything ended. I wish he could’ve just stayed. I guess I can go two more years without him. I mean I’ve done it before. And poor Adam, his mom in the hospital and his dad out in Iraq. We both didn’t exactly have it easy.
The next day it was really windy, cloudy and humid. I knew it was only a matter of time until it rained. I guess I should probably get as much as I could out of the day. I called Anna and asked her if she wanted to go out and maybe play a round of tennis at the courts. And we did. For about 3 hours we played and she noticed the difference in my attitude. To be honest, I couldn’t stop thinking about Adam. I didn’t know what to do.
“Sarah, c’mon. We’re done. You need to talk.” Anna stepped over the net to wrap her arm around my shoulder and walk me to the nearby bench. I sat down and automatically put my elbows on my knees and my hands to my face.
“He told me.” Was all I was able to let out. I repeatedly rubbed my temples. I knew she knew what I meant. And she knew I knew what I meant. Anna sighed and just gave me a hug.
“Sarah, you know what I’m going to say.” Anna started.
“I know, I know. Just rant.” So I thought about how to explain how I was feeling and only moments later I started. “Okay, so, I really think he’s cute. I think his personality is just so fucking adorable. I think his looks. Oh my god. Just, you’ve seen him. He’s fucking hot! I just, I never know what to say around him because he makes me so nervous. I want to go out with him so bad but, his mom, his dad, and the whole thing with how he doesn’t live here. And he’s a year older than me too. Anna, I don’t know what to do.” I sighed.
“What does your heart say?” She asked me.
“Do it.” I smiled.
“Then that’s what you should do Sarah.” She smiled and gave me a hug and she motioned me to the parking lot where our cars were parked. I grabbed my racket and I ran to the car with a smile on my face.
The engine roared to life and I pulled out of the parking lot and then it started to rain. Slowly but quite quickly. I stopped at the stop light and it was raining even harder.
When I finally got home, I pulled on my hood and jumped out of the truck. I ran to the door and I was surprised when I saw the door unlocked. It’s usually locked. Even when Adam was home. He usually locked the door.... I swung open the door and on the couch I saw Adam’s head and he looked up to see me at the door. He instantly got up, straightened his clothes and his hair. And I saw another head pop up from the couch. And my smiled instantly faded. It was a girl. A girl I had known from school. She was a year older than me and she was in my math class.
I dropped my purse, my racket and my keys and ran out the back door. I felt like such an idiot. I knew if I just went and sat out in the rain for a while, I’d feel better. That’s what I always did when I would start to miss Dad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to all my commenters. Its so appreciated. :)
I love you all and to all my silent readers. You are amazing and I'd love to hear from you. :D