Stole My Heart

.1.

"Maddie, are you sure you don't want to come with?" Alyssa asked me. I looked up from the book I'd been reading. Alyssa was dressed in a tight white t-shirt, a red miniskirt, some fishnets and some black heels. Her strawberry blonde hair was styled in loose curls.

"Uh, no," I smiled smally, "You know frat parties aren't my cup of tea. You go have fun." She frowned slightly.

"Fine. But you're coming to the next one. No matter what. You need to get out more, Madison." I rolled my eyes at my roommate. It was like her life mission to turn me into a party girl or something. Alyssa looked at me one last time before leaving.

I get out. I'm just not one for getting drunk and acting like an idiot. I'd like to keep my liver, thank you.I wasn't planning on staying home all night anyway. I may walk up to that coffee shop a couple blocks over. Get a nice change of scenery.

I nodded to myself. Yea...that's what I'll do. I rose from my bed and walked over to my dresser. I changed out of my short shorts and put on a pair of jeans. I grabbed my hoodie off the chair and slid it on over my tank. I threw my book, a notebook and a couple colored sharpies into my tote bag, then left my room.

It was a crisp, cool night. Peerfect atmosphere for a walk. I put my headphones in and started my trek up the street. I don't know what Alyssa is worried about. It's not like I'm anti-social. i'd just prefer not to spend my nights in a drunken haze. That's how rape happens.

I opened the door of the coffee shop, a little bell rang signaling my entrance. It was crowded. Which was unusual. Especially a Friday night. I'm clearly missing something here. I slowly made my way to the counter. My eyes were warily glancing around. This was way weird. This shop is usually always deserted. That's why I like it. Gives it a cozy feeling. Most of the kids on campus prefer the Starbucks that's a little ways up.

"Hi, how may I help you!?" a perky voice snapped me out of my reverie.

"Uhm...right...yea. C-can I get an iced mocha, and I'll take a piece of that coffee cake," I stammered.

"Sure! That'll be $4.50. You'll drink will be ready in a second." I nodded my thanks adn stepped out of the way of any other customers.

"Oh hi," the girl behind the counter said, "Back to buy more?"

"I'll have another slice of that carrot cake, if you don't mind," he smiled. Whoa. This guy was gorgeous. He had short brown hair, beautiful blue eyes, and a prize-winning smile.

"Make that two slices," a deeper voice piqued. His friend, had wild, curly hair, blue eyes and a gorgeous smile that just spelled mischief.

"Who said I was buying you anything, Haz," the first boy gave his friend a cheeky grin.

"Miss... Miss!" I jumped, and knocked some things off the counter.

"Oh! shit. Sorry, sorry!" I bent down to pick everything up.

"Here, let me help you." I glanced up into those beautiful blues I'd just been admiring.

"Oh, uh... thank you." i felt myself blush. Of course I'm a klutz in front of a hottie. Of course.

"I'm Louis, by the way. And you are, beautiful?" I froze.

"I'm what...?" Get it together, Madison! "Maddie! Uhm... Madison. My name is Madison." I put the items back on the counter. I grabbed my order from a very amused barista.

"I'm just...gonna...go over there," I slowly backed away. I quickly turned around. I'm gonna go ahead and blame his accent for my recent brain damage. Thankfully, I found an empty table near the back. Just as I had gotten comfortable, guess who walked over.

"Mind if we join you?" i looked up. They didn't give me a chance to answer before they both sat down.

"Uhh...hi."

"Hello. Madison, right? I'm Harry, since Lou here failed to include me in the introductions."

"So...you two obviously aren't from around here," I said slowly. Harry and Louis shared a look.

"No," Louis smiled slightly, "We're just--ah,visting." Harry chuckled, "Yes...visiting." Someone's phone suddenly went off. Harry reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. He briefly looked at the screen.

"Lou, we've got to go."

"Do we really?" Louis pouted. God, he had an adorable pout. Harry nodded. Louis frowned slightly. He looked back at me and smiled.

"Well, it seems we have to go," he said sadly, " It was a pleasure meeting you, Madison." They both stood up. I watched them leave the coffee shop. I admit, I was a little disappointed. There's no telling if I'd ever see them again. Shame. They were both really cute. Wait till Alyssa hears about this. I took a sip of my drink and sighed. I didn't notice that the crowded, little shop had since immensely cleared out once the boys left. If I had, i might have found that quite strange.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? :) Do you love it, hate it? let me know!

~Chloe