Stole My Heart

.9.

Louis

"You did WHAT?!" I screamed. I stared at my best mate in a combination of horror and disbelief. He couldn't be serious. he had to be lying to me right now.

"I asked Maddie to be my girlfriend," Harry shrugged. Then he pulled his shirt over his head. He was being all nonchalant. Like it wasn't a big deal.

"Why the fuck would you do that?" I asked. He frowned at me, "Why does it matter? I like her. We've already been out a couple times. Why not take the next step? I thought you of all people would be happy I found someone. You're always nagging me about setting everyone else up and never finding anyone for myself."

"I..." I sighed heavily, "I am happy for you, Haz. It's just.. do you honestly think this will work out?" His frown deepened, "Distance isn't an issue." He picked up his phone, then walked away. Leaving me alone in our shared hotel room.

He couldn't possibly think this would work out. We wouldn't be in California much longer. And when we went home, they'd be 8 hours apart. Distance isn't an issue, he says. Knowing Harry, he's planning on flying down to her whenever. He can't just do that. and okay, I'll admit I'm just a tad jealous. I have no right to be jealous. I'm already dating someone. I fell backwards on my bed and covered my face with a pillow.

What is wrong with me? I never once thought about breaking up with El, or worse cheating on her. But when I look at Madison, all traces of Eleanor are gone from my mind. i am actually the worst person. The one person that should be on my mind constantly, isn't. And hasn't been for quite some time now. Maybe we should just end it.

I have the worst timing ever. We're here in the US and she's back home in the UK. What type of person would I be to break up with her over the phone. I can't do that to her. I owe her that much.

"Oh...my...God..." I say suddenly, sitting up quickly. I just remembered she'd be flying here tomorrow. This is not good. We had this whole dinner planned out, cause Danielle was coming along as well to see Liam. Harry would most likely invite Madison along now since they're dating. Everything was about to fall to shit. I could just feel it. And I'd be the one standing right in the middle of it.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

"Louis, love, how do I look?" Eleanor asked me. I finished buttoning my shirt and looked over at her. She had on a lovely blue dress, and her hair was up and pinned with black roses.

"Beautiful as always," I smile at her. She looks down shyly and walks out the bedroom. I look back towards the mirror and frown at myself. I was wearing some navy trousers, a light blue, long-sleeved button up and my tan braces. I looked fine. That's not what I was frowning about.

"Louis! Come on, lad! We're running late. We were set to get Maddie 20 minutes ago!" Harry shouted. I rolled my eyes. I fixed my hair one more time and sighed. I grabbed my phone and wallet and reluctantly walked out my hotel room.

"You took longer than the girls to get ready," Harry frowned. I rolled my eyes again and shrugged, "It takes time to look this good, Haz." I winked at him. It was his turn to roll his eyes at me now.

We all piled in to two black SUVs and made our way to Madison's. Harry, Niall, Eleanor and myself were in one, and Liam, Danielle, Zayn and a few members of our band were in the other. harry wouldn't stop fidgeting. He was dressed in some dark jeans, a navy and maroon blazer with a simple v-neck underneath. Classy, yet casual. That was Harry in a nutshell. I put my hand on his knee to stop it from bouncing.

"Calm down, Harry. Why so nervous?" I smiled. He looked at me and took a deep breath. He opened his mouth to speak. But shook his head instead and stared out the window. That was weird. Usually Harry can tell me anything. What's going on through his head?

We pulled up to Madison's apartment and Harry insisted I go up to her door with him. He rand the doorbell and we waited patiently for her to answer it. I shoved my hands in my pockets and rocked back and forth on my heels. Harry kept running his hands through his curls. I've never seen him this nervous around a girl. Finally the door opened and---

"Holy shit," I breathed.

"Hi guys," Madison smiled, coming out the door. She was dressed in a short, red and black lace dress. Her hair was down in waves and she just looked gorgeous.

"Mads..." Harry said softly, "You look beautiful." She blushed softly as she took the hand he'd offered. I was still standing there slack-jawed. I was in so much trouble tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is so short! And it took me forever to update. Thoughts?