Status: Chapter 1 will be up by this weekend :)

The Hardest Part Is Letting Go of Your Dreams

Friends

"Hey Hailey! How did the date go?" I heard Lena call from the kitchen. I grinned to myself as I slipped through the front door, closing it silently behind me.

"Where are the girls?" I asked, not wanting to drop the bombshell just yet.

"Just through here." She emerged from the door and gave me a great smile, which I couldn't help but echo back. Lena was one of my closest friends since we began talking online. Until she met Frank at their gig in Stockholm, and before I knew it, there she was - right in front of my eyes. Pulling her into a tight hug, I once again mentally thanked Frank for saving me that night on the bridge.

"Who's all here?"

"Lozza and Cam. Iona's coming in just a few minutes." I nodded, following her through the kitchen and into the living room. Seeing two of my best friends sitting there made me smile even wider, anxious to spill the news. Still, I had to wait for Iona to come. She'd hunt me down if I 'd announced my engagement without her being present.

"Hailey!" Lozza and Cam leapt to their feet and pulled me into a hug. "How are you?"

"I'm amazing! I really have to tell you guys something, but I have to wait for Iona." Lozza and Lena exchanged a look.

"Must be pretty important then!" I chuckled quietly, and resisted the temptation to say "You have no idea!"

We all sat and chatted about the past couple of weeks while Lena made some drinks for us. There was surprisingly a lot to take in. The guys announced that they were going to make a new album, the band had hired a new drummer - some guy called Brian Reynolds that we hadn't met yet. Also Gerard had disappeared to Chicago for "unfinished busniess". This hadn't landed well with Elena, and after a number of fights and arguments, they broke up, and to our dismay, she packed her bags and went back home to Germany. "It's not forever," she'd told me. "I just need time to clear my head." Admittedly, being the reason for Elena leaving had made me want to give Gerard a good kick in the crotch, but his lack of presence had made that hard...

"Who missed me!?" Iona's voice boomed from the front lounge. My face split into an excited grin, and I leapt to my feet, throwing the door open.

"Get in here!" Iona stuck her tongue out at me, and we hugged for a while.

"Someone's excited!" I pulled away and winked at her. Within seconds, I had ordered everyone to sit in a circle, and I excitedly rubbed my hands together.

"Ok, prepare yourselves!" The girls shared looks and nudges. Once I had everyone's attention, I stretched out my left hand. On my ring finger, the familiar silvery promise ring still glinted. "I won't be needing this anymore!" As I slipped the ring off my finger, gasps echoed throughout the room.

"Hailey!"

"What the hell are you doing!?"

"Did you break up!?"

"Quiet! Please!" I gave everyone a stern look, and wrapped my hand around the ring. "I don't need it anymore, because I have this." I slowly stretched out my right hand, where the even more beautiful gold and purple ring shone in the light. It took a few seconds before screams and squeals erupted. Suddenly I was attacked by four crying women.

My mind raced at that word. Women. It seems so crazy, my whole life has just revolved around my teenhood: my parents, Tommy, then Frank, the girls and the band. Now here we all are, three years later, my friends three years older. Sometimes I forget that i'm coming up to twenty-one, never mind Iona who's not long twenty-two. We're all growing up so fast - Camille's already married to Ray, Lozza's already sold her first bestseller, and Lena's landed herself a brilliant job with Warner Bros. And Iona....well, she's Iona.

Nevertheless, they'll always be my friends, and i'll be there for them like they're there for me.

Right?
♠ ♠ ♠
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LENA!
Go wish that girl a happy birthday ;D
The plot for this story is slowly taking shape, but mind the 'slowly' part. My exams have started, so im gonna be pretty busy, but I promise I won't leave this out too much!
xxx