Status: Complete

You're Not Like the Others

Ch.23

3 Weeks Later

It was finally wedding day and I was starting to get nervous. We decided that we wanted our wedding to be somewhere beautiful, so we chose Waikiki, Hawaii. Our hotel sat near the crystal blue ocean. I was in my hotel room and Zak was a couple of rooms down getting ready for our big day. I was sitting at a Victorian vanity, that was in the huge bathroom, getting my hair done by Jess.

"How are ya feeling?" Jess asked as she put a bobby pin in my hair.

"Nervous."

"There's nothing to be nervous about. He loves you and you love him, right?"

"Right."

"Then why are you so nervous?"

"I don't really know."

Abby came running into the bathroom, "Mommy, grandpa's here!" she said excitedly.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"I'm right here honey bear."

I chuckled at that name. When I was about five I wanted some honey in my plain oatmeal so I climbed on the cabinet and got it. When I took it back to my bowl I opened the lid and squeezed the bear, the lid wasn't on tight enough and honey got everywhere.

"Hi dad. Why do you have a video camera?" I said looking at him through the mirror.

"To record my daughter's wedding of course. It's not on yet."

"Good because I look like a total mess. By the way, can you help Abby put on her dress?"

"Sure...Come on sprinkles, let's get you ready."

"Alright, hairs done, time to get the dress on, then your make-up," Jess said.

"Why can't we do the make-up now?"

"Do you want it all smeared and your dress get that stuff all over it?"

"No."

"Ok then. I'll be right back."

Jess left the bathroom to get my wedding dress. When Jess left, Abby came running into the bathroom.

"Look mommy!"

"You look like a little princess," I said smiling and hugging her.

I took my iPhone and took a picture of her. Jess came back in with the wedding dress and hung it on the door hanger.

"You look so cute," Jess gushed, "Do you love it?"

"Yeah, I look like a princess."

Me and Jess chuckled as Abby left to play with grandpa. I got my dress on and Jess started on my make-up. When that was done my dad and Jess took pictures of me and Abby together.

"It's almost time Kayla. I'm going to go check to see if Zak is ready," my dad said.

A few minutes past and my dad came back in the room.

"He'll be ready in a second. Zak ran into a little problem."

"Is he ok?" I asked worriedly.

"Yeah he's fine. He stubbed his toe on the bed."

"Dad, don't do that, I thought it was something serious."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I saw Zak standing in the beautifully decorated gazebo by the preacher. The gazebo was right by the ocean. Abby started down the light pink velvet aisle tossing pink rose petals from side to side. When she reached the first row of chairs she gave Aaron a high-five then went up to Zak to stand. I linked my arm with my dad's and we started down the aisle. Once we reached the front the preacher asked,

"Who gives Kayla Summers away?"

"Me, her father."

He then let me go of my arm and hugged me tightly. My dad sat down next to Zak's parents with a smile and teary eyes. I went into the gazebo and stood in front of Zak. He was wearing a standard tux, white collared shirt with black slacks and jacket, and a black tie. And of course he had to have his infamous 'Zak fin'. Pretty soon the preacher started our holy matrimony.

Abby started rocking back and forth on her feet looking bored, but that's to be expected from a 4 year old. My dad motioned for her to go sit by him and I put my hand on her shoulder to tell Abby that it was ok to go. Soon after the preacher began the traditional vows. He handed Zak a ring and said,

"Zak place this on her left ring finger and repeat after me."

Zak took my left hand and placed the ring on my finger.

"I Zak Bagans will vow to love you, cherish you, until death do us part," the preacher said.

"I Zak Bagans will vow to love you, cherish you, until death do us part," Zak said with a smile and rubbing his thumb on the top of my hand.

The preacher gave me a ring and said, "Kayla place this ring on his left ring finger and repeat after me."

I took the ring and placed it on Zak left ring finger.

"I Kayla Summers will vow to love you, cherish you, until death do us part."

"I Kayla Summers will vow to love you, cherish you, until death do us part," I said with a big smile.

"I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Bagans, you may kiss your bride," the preacher said with a smile.

Zak put both of his hands gently on my face and captured my lips with his. I couldn't help but smile into the kiss. When we pulled away everyone cheered, I saw my dad and in-laws wipe their eyes and clap. I chuckled to myself seeing my dad cry, every time I saw him cry he'd make the typical 'I wasn't crying' excuses.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We went in the event hall that was in the hotel for our wedding reception. The was a beautiful canopy where the bride, groom and parents sat under and the guests tables were close to the canopy. The event hall was decorated wonderfully. Everyone took there seats so me and Zak could dance for the first time as husband and wife. The music started and Zak grabbed my left hand gently and put his other hand on my waist. I put my right hand on his left shoulder as we danced to the slow song. I couldn't stop smiling at him and he couldn't stop smiling at me.

When the song was over everyone clapped.

"You wouldn't mind if I steal her for a song would you?"

"Not at all Mr. Summers."

"You're married to my daughter now, you can call me dad."

Zak nodded and gave me a kiss before going and sitting at our table with Abby.

My dad took and I took the same position when I was dancing with Zak. When the song started me and my dad started dancing. While the song was playing I was smiling while my eyes started burning and my vision getting blurry as I tried to hold back tears. I loved this song so much but it always made me cry like a baby. I felt my dad take his hand off my waist and wipe a tear off my cheek that escaped my eye. When the song ended I buried my face into his chest and hugged him tightly to regain my composure. He hugged me back while he rubbed my back. I took a deep breath and lifted my head as we walked back to the tables.

It was time for me and Zak to cut the cake. Aaron and my dad had their video recorders going as me and Zak held the knife together and cut the cake. We each took a small piece to feed it to each other.

"Who's going first?" I asked.

"I'll go first."

Zak put the cake in front of me and I took a bite and he set it back onto the plate.

I picked up his piece of cake and he scrunched up his nose a little. I chuckled and said,

"Zak, honey, one bite isn't going to make you lose your figure."

He took a bite and before he could get to far away smooshed the cake in his face and drug it all the way into his precious hair. Aaron was practically on the ground from laughing so hard. Aaron knew how 'important' Zak's hair was and I just put white frosting and chocolate cake in his hair.

"Oops. My hand slipped," I said giggling.

He picked up a towel to wipe his face and get the cake out of his hair. He leaned towards me and whispered,

"You're going to pay for that."

"Is that a promise?" I asked smugly.

"Yeah it is. Just wait."

Abby came to us and tugged on Zak's pants.

"Come dance with me."

"Alright sweetie."

They went to the dance floor and started dancing. It was so cute to see Zak trying to dance with some that barely went up to his waist.

When the reception was over my dad took Abby with him so me and Zak could have some time to ourselves.

"Ready for payback?" Zak asked smirking with fire in his eyes.

He didn't give me time to respond, he kissed me hard and we barely made it into the hotel room so we could complete us on being husband and wife.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry I took so long, I had a real bad case of writer's block. And while I had that case I've been getting into The Walking Dead.

Abby's flower girl dress

Kayla's wedding dress

Vanity

Gazebo

Reception

Zak and Kayla's song

Father and Daughter song