Status: Complete

You're Not Like the Others

Epilogue

1 Yr. Later

A lot has changed in a year. Me and Zak's been married for a year, Abby started kindergarten, my dad moved to Vegas to be closer to me, Zak, and Abby, and lastly Abby's having a little baby brother. Ever since me and Zak tied the knot she's wanted to be a big sister. When I found out I was pregnant I was trying to think of a way to tell Zak, and I found a way...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I just got home after I picked Abby up at my dad's house, Abby was playing with Gracie so I took that moment to take the test. When I was done I put it on the sink and went to the kitchen to get Abby a snack.

"Here Abby," I said handing her a pack of fruit snacks.

"Thank you."

I got one of her princess cups and filled it with cherry kool-aid then handed it to her. I went back into the bathroom to check the result. Positive. I felt my lips curl into a huge smile.

I'm pregnant! Time to think of a creative way to tell Zak.

"Daddy!"

I heard Abby yell with happiness. I quickly put the cap on the test and hid it in one of my dresser draws then went down to the living room. When Zak got done hugging Abby he put her down and kissed me.

"How was the investigation?"

"It was intense."

"Daddy, can I go with you next time?"

"You can when you're as tall as your mom," Zak said.

"Why? I know all the things."

"What things?" I asked curiously.

"I know the small rectangle thing with the play, stop, and record buttons, the camera, the radio thing, and the thing that has the silver stick on top of it and you see numbers," She said counting them with her fingers.

"Where'd you learn all of that?" Zak asked.

"I'll give you three guesses who?" I said to Zak. Aaron.

"Aaron," Abby said happily.

I smiled at Zak and said,

"That was my first guess. What about you?"

"I was going to say Billy. I'll tell you what Abby..." Zak started while he bent down to her level. Then started again, "When you learn the names of those 'things' and when you're as tall as your mom, I'll take you ghost hunting. Deal?" Zak asked with his hand out.

"Deal."

Abby shook his hand.

"Well... since you two are making deals I'm going to start dinner," I said with a smile and went to the kitchen.

I made some sautéed chicken breast with mash potatoes and corn. We ate and talked about our days. I hid my smile because Abby was feeding Gracie little pieces of chicken from the table. Good thing Zak wasn't really paying attention because Zak doesn't like Gracie being fed at the table. When dinner was over Abby went to her room to play while I rinsed the dishes and Zak put them in the dishwasher. I tucked Abby into bed an hour later and me and Zak cuddled with each other then went to bed.

The next morning after I made breakfast Abby went with Zak to the office and I went to the store. When I went back home I started my plan on telling Zak that we were having a baby. About 45 minutes later I was done with the project. I took out my phone and created a Vine video then sent it to Zak. A few minutes later Zak sent a text.

-I know u color coordinate your M&Ms. Why r u sending me a video of it?-Z

I mentally smacked myself while I sighed loudly. The message was clearly spelled out and he couldn't see it. So I took a picture of it and sent it to him with a message.

-There's a message in those M&Ms. Take a closer look!-

He text back,

-I'm still not seeing it-Z

-I'll post it to Twitter and see what your followers say. k? good.-

I logged onto Twitter and posted the Vine video.

@Zak_Bagans can't figure out what this message says. Please help him out!

After about five minutes I got a call from Zak.

"Are you serious?" He asked without saying hello.

"Serious about posting the video or what the message says?"

"The message."

"Yeah. It's true."

The line was quiet for a few minutes and he started to worry me.

"Zak?"

"Hey there Kayla. Conrads to you both."

"Billy? What's going on? Why are you on Zak's phone?"

"Everything's fine Kayla. Zak's out in the hall acting like a kid with a sugar rush. He's jumping around everywhere and twirling Abby around. He's back, I'll talk to you later."

"Alright," I said laughing.

"Do you know how happy you've made me?"

"I can just imagine," I said giggling at Zak.

"How about we go out to eat tonight? You get to pick the place honey."

"If you insist. How about mexican?"

"Sounds good to me. Me and Abby will be there here in a little bit."

"Ok. I love you."

"I love you too.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Honey Bear, do you want me to take sprinkles for the weekend? It looks like you could use some rest."

"Please mommy! Can I spent the night at grandpa's?" Abby asked with puppy dog eyes.

"I guess you could. Go pack your night bag."

"Thanks mommy," She said while hugging me and then ran to her room.

"Are you going to be ok by yourself?"

"I'll be fine dad. Zak's lane will be landing in a few hours."

"Alright."

Abby came back down with her night bag.

"I love you mommy," She said kissing my cheek then looked at my belly, "Love you Alex," then kissed it.

"Love you too baby girl."

When they left I layed down on the couch and Gracie jumped up on top of it with me. She put her head on my legs and I fell to sleep quickly.

I felt Gracie's head pop up and she jumped off the couch. I opened my eyes to see what time it was, 1:27am. I heard the front door open and close quietly so I got up to greet Zak.

"Hi honey," I said kissing him, I could tell he was exhausted from the investigation and from the plane ride.

"Hey," He said with a yawn then kissed me.

That kiss was over quick when I groaned in displeasure.

"What's wrong?" Zak asked yawning again and rubbing his sleepy eyes.

"I'm having contractions."

"That's good," He said as he started to walk past me but stopped and turned around quickly.

"Contractions? As in the baby's coming?" He asked wide awake now and in alert mode.

I nodded my head as another one came.

"How far apart are they?"

"I don't know. They just started."

"We've got to pack you're bag..."

"Zak..."

"Call my mom..."

"Zak..."

"Call your dad..."

"Zak!"

"What?"

"First of all calm down. Second, I've already got the bag packed. Third, go call your mom and I'll call my dad. ok?"

"Right," he said and kissed me before calling his mom.

While he was talking to his mom I called my dad and told him what was going on and I timed the contractions. When they were about ten minutes apart I told Zak we needed to leave. I know Zak hates demons, but he was being a demon right now by putting the gas petal practically into the floor board.

When we arrived my dad was there and Zak's mom was there.

"How are you feeling Honey Bear?"

"I'm fine dad. Is Abby ok?"

"Yeah, she's fast asleep. Shelly's looking after her."

A few minutes went by and I was put into a delivery room. Zak was on my left, my dad was on my right, and Zak's mom was by Zak rubbing his back trying to calm him down. I couldn't help but notice that Zak looked pretty good wearing scrubs. The doctor came in and check to see if I was ready, and I was.

"Kayla, when you feel a contraction I need you to push."

I nodded and when I felt a contraction I pushed. Zak's mom counted to 15 while I squeezed my dad's and Zak's hand. A few hours went by and finally the doctor said one more push and I pushed. Right after that we heard a wailing noise and the doctor asked Zak if he wanted to cut the cord. Zak cut the cord while he looked like he was going to pass out, but he got it done. The nurses cleaned Alexander Tristan Bagans up and handed him to me. Zak started rubbing Alex's cheek with the back of his index finger.

"He's so small and soft."

"He's a spitting image of you when you were a baby," Zak's mom said to him.

Everybody took turns holding him until the nurse came and got Alex to put him in the nursery. A little while later Zak's mom and my dad left. I was transferred to a normal room and Zak crawled into the bed with me. I layed my head on his chest while he rubbed my back soothingly. I have two amazing children and an amazing husband. What more could I ask for?
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: Well that's it for this story. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I have. I want to thank the people that has read this and that have taken the time to review it as well. Thank you. :)