Status: Damn, back at it again.... ACTIVE - determined to finish this

The Drug in Me Is You

Maybe It Was All Too Good to Be True...

I spent the next few days busy getting my shit together for school, I didn't wanna fail any clases. The idea of having a boyfriend seemed to worry me, just the thought of a whole new situation like that screamed out distraction.

But mainly this whole study thing was serving me as such.

Every half an hour I would check my phone to see if I had any message. Particularly from Ronnie.
It was odd I hadn't heard from him since that last day he broke into my room. Neither did I spot him at the school campus.

And it's not like I hadn't already tried texting and calling him. His phone would jump to his voice mail, no ringing what so ever.

It was 6 in the afternoon when I finished the last chapter for my science class. I headed downstairs to make myself a cup of tea to refuel before starting with my calculus worksheet.

The ringing of the doorbell startled me. It was rare having someone come without previous notice.
I turned the gas off before heading to the front door.

"Ronnie!? What-are you ok? Where have you've been? You didn't..."

"Can I come in? Please?" he interrupted me with a worried look on his face.

I froze repeating what he had just asked in my mind. I hesitated, after all my parents would be getting home from work in any moment.

"Ah...I..."

He looked over his shoulder and back at me, looking even more worried.

"Yeah, come in...for a moment" I whispered the last words.

He quickly walked in, his jeans looking a lot more distressed then normally.

After I locked the door and turned to face him, I saw he was seated on the couch waiting for me to join him.

I noticed as I made my way to him, a bruise on his neck, barely visible due to all the tattoos that covered him.

"What happened to you?"

"Demi, listen....I can´t stay here...."

Of course he couldn't stay here, my parents would be home any minute.

"...I didn't meant for things to turn out this way...but...I´m leaving. I got a friend just outside Vegas..."

I reached for his cold rough hand, making him stop what he was saying.

"I don´t understand. Why...did I do something?"

He nodded his head as he let a soft chuckle. Not quiet sure why, since there wasn't anything funny about the current situation.

"You did nothing wrong. It´s not about you, it´s about me. I...I screwed up the last couple of years here and well...I guess I should´ve expected for them to...reach their tolerance limit..."

"Them? Does this have to do with the guys from the other day at the gas station?"

He nodded, his gaze fixed on our hands.

Just as I was about to ask more questions we heard a car door closing outside.

My parents.

"They can´t see you...not like this. Go up to my room and stay my bathroom, I´ll go up in a minute." I instructed as I pushed him towards the staircase.

I saw him disappear upstairs, just in time as my parents unlocked the front door. Luckily I had already made it back to the kitchen before they opened the door.

"Oh hey sweetie. Mind pouring us a cup as well?"

My dad was the first one in the kitchen, my mom close behind. They seemed exhausted, so I´d take it they would skip dinner tonight and head to bed with a cup of some hot tea and some snack.

The sun had just set outside.

"Yeah, sure."

I tried to remain as calm as possible. My parents were pretty good at picking up when something wasn't right. Something I couldn't risk happening right now.

"We'll be heading to bed honey, we're bummed out. You don't mind having dinner on your own do you? You can order a pizza or something if you want, there´s some money in my coat" she pointed towards her navy blue puffer coat hanging by the front door.

"I'll order some Chinese. You guys go get a rest, I'll be fine."

She nodded making her way upstairs to their room. My dad stayed behind to get their tea. After letting the teabags sit for a few minutes, he was also making his way upstairs carefully not to spill any tea on the way.

I let out a loud sight and finished adding my usual 3 teaspoons of sugar to my cup taking my time, till I jumped back to reality.

Oh shit. Ronnie.

I left the cup on the counter as I headed up to my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is anyone still here? Talk about a comeback right....haha. I had to read this story as if it was written by someone else, I remembered nothing lol. But I really liked what I had wrote before so I'm continuing this now for my own sake....if someone's still here and willing to read some more I'd love to read your comments and thoughts.

XO - Lucia.