Status: Slowly getting started

This Could Be Love

I Didn't Catch Your Name

The pain was unbearable. Bruises covered my body. Blood was spilling out of me. I looked up and stared at his eyes, once filled with white, hot fury, now looking at me with such sadness and regret. In the end, I knew I was right all along. I should have stayed away.

“This could be love,” he whispered as he cradled my head with his crimson hands and I slipped into oblivion.

Loud music filled the club as people kept dancing, talking, and drinking. I was out releasing my pent up stress from ending my relationship with a jerk of a guy and I didn't want to prepare for a calculus exam I would have in a few days. I just wanted to have fun and when I saw him, what little was left of my better judgement left and I was attracted to him.

He was helping set up for what I was assuming was a performance at this rundown club. He was talking to a shorter guy with dreads on the guitar. He was tall and a little chubby but he had the most beautiful hazel eyes. His face was flushed and I knew he was drunk.

Hell so was I and so I made my way to the stage after paying my bill. Well, I staggered to the stage, I should say. But I found a nice spot on the side with a great view of the stage and of him. A friend I brought with me decided to bail and left me her bottle of beer and cell phone since I broke mine earlier this week.

Seconds later, feedback was heard from the guitars and the small club quieted down as the band was about to start.

"This song's called 'Honey This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Two of Us," the singer mumbled in the microphone.

And the aggressive guitars started playing. The crowd soon got into it. A small pit was formed and I was happy to find this spot away from the rowdy crowd.

The song ended and the singer introduced himself and the band to us.

"Gerard. Hm what an interesting name," I thought bemused as they launched into another song.

"Thank you, again. We're My Chemical Romance. This last song's called 'Demolition Lovers," Gerard said as the guitars played the intro in the background.

This last song was my favorite. His voice was so haunting and I was surprised to see some people sing back the lyrics to him.

I caught his hazel eyes once, maybe, but I wasn't sure. I cheered for them as Gerard yelled goodnight and I eventually made my way outside for a smoke.

"Can I bum one from you? I just finished my last one."

I looked up and saw Gerard in front of me. I nodded and pulled out my Marlboros from my pocket. I handed him my lighter and soon he was by my side leaning against the wall.

After a few seconds of silence I found my courage and spoke.

"You guys were great in there."

"Thanks," he replied from the side of his mouth.

I continued, "My favorite was that last one."

"Demolition Lovers?"

"Yeah that one!"

"It was my favorite too," he said as he finished his smoke and looked up at the sky.

Soon a geeky looking guy with glasses who played bass called his name from the door.

"I'll be right there, Mikey," he yelled.

"You wanna hang out with us...?"

"Ash," I mumbled.

"Sorry I didn't catch your name."

"It's Ash," I said a little louder.

"Well the night is still young, Ash."

I shook my head, "Sorry I have to get going. My roommate is starting to call me, worried."

He nodded and stomped out the cigarette and pulled out a pen and paper.

"Here's my number then, sugar. Call me anytime," he mumbled as he left and walked inside the club.

I stood there stunned and sure enough seven digits stared back at me from the paper. He left me with a funny feeling. I smiled, though, and called a cab to take me home.

I ended up calling him two days after the persistence of my roommate and we set up a date at the local coffee shop.

"Small white mocha," I said to the barista. I was done with class and I was terribly nervous for this date that I arrived early there. After gather my coffee I made my way to the corner by the window with full view of the door.

He came in right on time and, wow, he looked really good in his leather jacket and dark jeans. Hair was a little out of place but he pulled it off. I took a big gulp of coffee as I stood up. He spotted me and made his way over.

"Hey you made it sugar," he said with a small grin.

I simply nodded as he took of the jacket to reveal an Iron Maiden shirt and went to order. I sat down and fiddled with the string at the bottom of my shirt. I wasn't used to going out. I was with my ex since I started college. That was a year ago and I never paid much attention to musicians but I felt something different about Gerard and I was a little intrigued.

We started talking and minutes turned into hours as cups of coffee kept piling up in the nearby trash can.

"It's getting kinda late, Ash," Gerard said as I turned and looked dusk colored sky.

"Want me to walk you home?"

"Yeah that would be nice Gerard."

Gathering our belongings, we left the shop and I lead the way to my dorm with Gerard right beside me.

I learned he just graduated from art school and their band is finishing up their first record. Apparently it was his brother that played the bass and they were already getting ideas for their next record.

I told him I was in my second year of college and I was majoring in psychology. I was also somewhat involved in the local music magazine and wished I had time to go to more local gigs.

We reached my building and I wished him a goodnight. I opened my door and shocks spread through my body as Gerard grabbed my arm and pulled me into a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
I started another story and I'll try my best to update fairly consistently but we'll see. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Comments are always welcomed and appreciated!

xo Venganza!