Status: Active Maybe a One Shot

Stand Up

"From the moment I met you everything changed"

They pulled up on the motorbike.
"What the heck Shawn? I thought you were taking me home, this is you're place not mine" said Juliet finally opening her eyes as she felt the hum of the engine stop.
"You really think I would leave the love of my life spend the night alone; after she had just been dumped by the biggest jerk, ever" said Shawn looking at her over his shoulder as she took of her helmet, he watched her golden locks tumble over her shoulders as she her eye brow rose, "no funny stuff, I promise" he said climbing off his bike, putting his helmet under one arm and offering Juliet his hand, "I'll take the sofa, you have my bed", she took his hand and climbed off the bike, still holding his hand, "come on Jules, let's get you in", Shawn pulled her flush against his side, as they walked up to the door, he unlocked the door and gestured for her to go in first, she blushed at his gentlemanly behaviour.
"Shawn" she said in a small voice, turning to him as he closed the door behind them, their eyes met she leaned closer "I love you so much" she said before pressing a sweet kiss to his lips.
"I love you too" he said with a warm smile.
"I'm never going to get tired of hearing that" she said.
"And I'll never tire of saying it" said Shawn leading her over to the sofa.
"You know, you don't have to sleep on the sofa" said Juliet.
"No Jules, if we share a bed I know I'll never be able to control myself and you're too special to lose over an urge, you are my Juliet" said Shawn seriously as they sat.
"Are you sure?" she asked, tilting her head with the question.
"Yeah, it's for the best for now" he said with a smile.
"Can we at least snuggle?" she asked in a small voice as she slipped off her heals.
"Detective, I never thought you a snuggler but I think it's allowed" he teased kicking off his shoes as he wrapped his arms around her and turning the TV on, she snuggled in to his warm body. Soon both grew tired, her head falling to his chest.
"Jules I think you should go to bed" he said prodding her with the remote.
"Shawn" she mumbled hugging his chest tighter.
"Come on" he said poking her again.
"Ok" she mumbled, sleepily getting to her feet.
"First door on the right" he called, pulling a throw from the back of the sofa over his body to make up for the heat lost when Juliet moved, "good night" he called.
"Love you" she cooed.
"If you want PJ's grab a shirt or something and a pair of my boxers there should be some on the chest" he called smiling at her retreating figure.
"Thanks" she said tiredly before walking in to his room, she quickly took off her black skinny jeans and found a pair of pineapple boxers which she put on over her own underwear then she swapped her V-neck baby blue shirt for a looser fitting SBPD gym t-shirt she found on the floor before crawling in to Shawn's unmade bed, she buried her face in his pillow and hummed in satisfaction at the smell of Shawn that surrounded her, soon both Shawn and Juliet were asleep dreaming of the other and their life together.

She stirred the next morning to the gentle stream of warm sunlight that crossed her face, the clatter of pans and the sweet smell of waffle in the air, she slowly pulled herself up and looked around.
"If he makes you breakfast marry him" she mused slipping out of bed and padding down the hall towards the kitchen, she could here a gentle humming, she continued down the hallway, stopping at a mirror to check her hair and straighten the t-shirt she was wearing before she reached the kitchen door, she stood, leaning against the door frame watching Shawn bounce around the kitchen in the same dark green shirt he was wearing the day before and a pair of yellow boxers as he waited for the waffles to cook, she smiled happily before tip-toeing in behind him and wrapping her hand around his chest from behind.
"Good morning you" she cooed in to his ear as she placed her head on his shoulder.
"Glad you could join me, sleep beauty, I'm just making you breakfast" he said smiling as her hands swept his chest.
"What's cooking good looking?" she asked with a smile.
"Waffles" he said opening the waffle maker revealing the golden brown breakfast food.
"Pineapple?" she asked nuzzling his neck.
"Of course" he said turning in her arms so he was facing her.
"Thank you" she said before placing a sweet kiss to his cheek.
"My pleasure, it seems only right to have pineapples this morning as you are wearing my favourite boxers, may I say they look better upon you my love" he said looking her up and down.
"Oh behave" she said hitting his shoulder playfully.
"No, now if Madame would like to take a seat at the breakfast table, your meal will be arriving shortly" said Shawn ushering her from the kitchen.
"Ok I'm going" she said with a giggle as she left but not before turning back to look at him "Carlton would kill you if he knew you had this shirt" she said, Shawn smiled before turning back to focus on their breakfast. Meanwhile Juliet had walked in to his living/dining room expecting to see the small unused table behind the sofa covered in pizza boxes, dirty dishes and the odd pineapple but to her surprise the table was pulled out with two chair opposite each other, the table it's self was laid with knife, folk and spoon, two mugs of coffee and two glasses of what Juliet discovered to be pineapple juice with a small glass vase set in between and in the vase sat a single white rose, she frowned as she sat wondering where he had found a rose before shrugging off her detective's curiosity to just enjoy the romantic statement for what it was. She sat and was sipping her juice when Shawn wondered in balancing two plates of waffle and a bowl of pineapple in his arms.
"Bon eating" he said placing one waffle in front of Juliet, one in front of his self and the pineapple next to the rose.
"It's bonne appetit" she said smiling at him as he sat opposite her.
"I've heard it both ways" he shrugged with a smile, with that the two began to eat, Juliet hummed in appreciation of the food at the first bite, "good?" he asked popping a piece of pineapple in to his mouth, she nodded happily before taking a sip of her coffee, "make sure you have some pineapple Jules" he said pushing the bowl towards her slightly.
"I would if you weren't eating it all" she teased picking up a piece of the yellow fruit with her fork and eating it quickly,
"I would always save some pineapple for you Jules you know that" he said seriously.
"And I you, now let's eat these fantastic waffles before they go cold" she said holding his hand across the table.
"Ok" he said happily tucking in. After breakfast was finished and the dish-washer on, Juliet and Shawn sat together watching breakfast television.
"Since you don't have work today and because you're not there I'm not going either" said Shawn breaking the comfortable silence they had fallen in to while watching tv, Juliet looked at him as he continued "how about we spend the day together, maybe catch a movie, lunch and then just enjoy each other's company" he said proud of his plan.
"That sounds lovely but could be fit in stopping at my place so I could change before the movies" she asked with a warm smile.
"Of course and there was me thinking I would get to see you in my boxers all day" he teased as she snuggled up to him.

An hour later Shawn had changed in to a clean white polo-shirt, dark blue jeans and red trainers, he smiled at Juliet who had changed back in to the black skinny jeans, baby blue V-neck shirt and purple heals she had warn the day before.
"Ready?" he asked smiling, she nodded as she led the way, outside to his motorcycle, her helmet sat under her arm, he simply followed and lock the door behind them, he climbed on to the bike and put his helmet on his head, he felt her climb on behind him and wrap her arms around her chest once more, with that they zoomed away heading for her apartment, they pulled up outside and the two climbed off the bike, placing their helmets under their arms again.
"Ah home" she mused to herself as she started towards her door, he stood still watching her walk away, she turned back, suddenly aware of his absence by her side, "Shawn, you can come in" she called with a smile as his face lite up before he near ran towards her.
Once inside she placed the helmets on her breakfast bar in her kitchen island before continuing to her bedroom.
"Make your self at home" she called before disappearing to change, he smiled, taking in the room around her their were pictures of friends and family everywhere, some from her child-hood, her time on Miami and her time in California, he also took time to notice the colour and layout of the room, it served as a living room with an archway leading to the small kitchen and dinner area, the living room was a warm beige with one red wall with the tv on it, he smiled as he saw how much it all echoed Juliet, it was neat but a little off, clean but with a weeks worth of dust, tidy but with a magazine and mug still sat on the coffee table, sophisticated but a little awkward, lady like but a little rough around the edges just like her, just as he was about to scrutinise her CD collection, Juliet walked back in to the living space.
"Ready?" she asked smiling as he took her in, she now wore a soft cotton summer dress in a navy-blue colour with white poka-dots, a pair of black heals and a soft brown leather jacket.
"Wow" he breathed looking at her, mouth agape this caused her to blush, "you do realise we're just going to the movies right?" he asked, she let out a bark of laughter.
"Come on you" she giggled, "hey is it ok if we take my car I just realised how impractical this dress is for your bike" she continued awkwardly.
"Sure, as long as your happy for me to leave my bike on your drive-way" he said with a smile.
"Of course, ok got everything?" she asked.
"Yep" he chimed.
"Let's go then" she chorused before leading him out, locking the door behind them and climbing in to her car to drive to the movies.
They walked in to the movie theatre hand on hand smiling lovingly at each other.
"So what film shall we see?" he asked happily.
"Nothing with policemen, I get enough stuff like that at work" she said looking up at the board.
"Ok so that's Cop Chase 3 and Hostage out, how about Lock Down?" he asked.
"Zombie movie really Shawn".
"Ok that's put" he said a little dejected.
"Oh what about Norton: the tale of a cat?" said Juliet sweetly batting her eyelids.
"No, what about Newton's Law?" he said.
"You do know what that's about don't you?" she teased.
"No, why? what is it about?" he asked puzzled.
"It's a romance movie" she giggled.
"Ok well how about Infuriating Uncle Bruce?" he asked, she smiled at him.
"Why not" she said leading him towards the ticket desk.
"POPCORN JULES!" yelled Shawn pointing at the refreshment counter excitedly much like a small child, tickets in hand and eyes rolling, Juliet joined him in the queue, soon they reached the front, there they were met by a young women with a blonde bob and a friendly smile.
"Good morning, what can I get you?" she asked happily.
"Oh oh Jules can we get toffee flavour please" he said bouncing on his heals.
"Well as my boyfriend has said toffee popcorn and a pineapple fanta please" said Juliet shaking her head at her boyfriend.
"Of course, may I ask is this your first date together?" she asked happily looking between the two stood in front of her a knowing gleam i'n her eye.
"Yes, it is" mused Juliet looking at Shawn.
"Well, how about in give you the date night special that's 3 dollars off so that's 1 dollar please" said the young women.
"Wow if I knew he was this cheap a date I would have asked him out a long time ago" joked Juliet putting a dollar on the counter.
"Thank you" she called and she lead Shawn to their seats.

“And then we'll steal us a car and we will drive to the stars
I will give you the moon, it’s the least I could do
If you give me the chance”
♠ ♠ ♠
Love to Watson for the love for this story and me which I will never understand xx SH