Status: Another new story. I know I have too many!

The Light and Dark of Love

Chapter Two

Jace's POV

It was before the last period when I saw Peyne and Ang. She was patting his back, and it looked like he ws crying. He looked up at me and you could see the devastation in his eyes. I walked over to him, "Jace, help he won't tell me anything." Ang pleaded. I pulled Peyne with me to the restroom. I locked the door as soon as we were in.

I pulled him in for a hug, "What's wrong?" He looked at me, "You have been ignoring me all day. Did I do something wrong?" I looked at him speechless. "Really? Last night I woke up all alone. You had left me for Ang. Then this morning you acted like nothing had happened. Then you left me AGAIN for Ang. So I took the hint." I went to walk away when he grabbed me and kiseed me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, he pulled away soon after and wrapped his arms around me. I tightened my hold on him. "Jace, I left because my mom needed to talk to me about us. I didn't hang out with Ang, she's with Wyatt so they were in the livingroom, cuddling. Don't think I don't want you around because that isn't true." He looked deeply in my eyes, I put my head in the crook of his neck.

We just stood there until my phone vibrated. I took it out and checked my message, it was from Ang saying the principal was looking for us. I hurried and unlocked the door, put some water on my face and took Peyne's hoodie from him. He looked confused, "The principal is looking for us, I'm acting like I was sick and you were conforting me."

He nodded his head as the door handle turned, I threw myself on the floor infront of a toilet while Peyne got on his knees next to me. As the door opened I flushed the toilet, "What is going on here?" I laid my head on Peyne's shoulder, "He got sick and I came in to confort him." Peyne ran his hand threw my hair. The principal looked sternly at us, then let a caring look to come across his face. "Take him home." Then he walked out.

I smiled and got up, Peyne followed and we went out to his car. I sat in the passenger seat and looked out the window. I felt Peyne slip his hand in mine. Soon enough we were at my house. Mel is a vet and Joey is a doctor at the local hospital and so we have the house to ourselves. I got out and ran in the house, I ran all the way to my room ans jumped on my bed. I heard Peyne's footsteps and then felt a weight on my bed next to me.

I rolled over to face him and he wrappedhis arms around me. He made me roll more so that I was halfway laying on him. "Peyne, what's your last name?" I felt weird asking, but I trully don't know it. "Bowman, why?" My mind went completely blank. "You... Oh my god!" He looked at me weirdly, "You are Peyton Bowman? THE Peyton Bowman?" He sat up, "What are you talking about?" I gasped for air, "When I lived in Pittsburgh there was this kid, Peyton Bowman. He had the cutest smile and the brightest brown eyes. He's the reason I came out, I got abused by my parents when I did, that's why I'm with Mel and Joey. The weird thing though, is that next day when I went back to school he wasn't there. He had just up and left."

Peyne wrapped his arms around me. "Jace, I don't remember you, but that was me. I up and left because I had an attack as they like to call it and was diagnosed with Bi-Polar disorder and they made me take medicine for it and also my high levels of female hormones." I felt terrble knowing he didn't remember me, but then a thought popped in my head. "You know, I went by my real name then, Jace Railing. Mel and Joey's last name is Greg." He smiled against my neck, "I remember you for sure then."

I laughed, then he slipped his hand into mine. I kissed his cheek, then my door opened. I looked over to see Rachel standing there, "I see you made your decision?" I looked to Peyne confused. "Ma, I didn't tell him yet." She nodded and left downstairs. "Peyne, what's going on?" He held me closer, "Well, Ma said last night that if I dated you that I have to let Wyatt be with Ang and trust him." I grinned and kissed him. We heard someone clear their throat, I pulled away to see Ang at my door now. "So, you made up? I just wish you guys would have text me so I could have known you weren't going to be able to give me a ride."

I smiled, "Who picked you up then?" She smirked and walked into my room and sat at my desk. "Well, my boyfriend did, but I didn't think you guys would be in here like this." She grimaced and laughed. "You know you like it." We all laughed. I got up and pulled Peyne with me, we went downstairs where his mom was watching 'Desperate Housewives'.

We heard Ang running behind us. I sat next to Rachel, Peyne sat next to me and wrapped and arm around my waist. "So, are you two dating now?" Rachel asked still staring at the Tv screen. I looked at him questioningly, "Yes Ma we are." I smiled and laid my head on his shoulder. Ang ran in and jumped on the love seat, "Does she do that at your house?" I asked Peyne. He nodded, "All the time."

My phone vibrated just then, in my pocket still. I opened it,

From: Unknown Number

You won't get away from us. You need to burn in Hell!

I gasped and felt my eyes get wet. Peyne took my phone and read the message, he looked so pissed. He then pulled me to him, "Don't believe one word of that. Jace they just want to upset you." I cried on his shoulder and pressed myself to him. His mom got up with Ang and left us alone. Peyne laid back and put his legs on the couch, I laid myself almost ontop of him. He ran his hand through my hair and whispered sweet nothings to me. I could feel myself start to drift off to sleep. "Sleep tight Jay." Peyne said as he kissed my head, and I fell asleep.

Peyne's POV

I lightly let Jace onto the couch. I walked into the kitchen where Ma and Ang were talking. Ma looked at me, "How is he?" I frowned. "He's passed out from all the crying. I need to call Mel though." I picked up the house phone and went to the phonebook in it. I scrolled to 'Mom' Cell'. I pressed talk and after the first ring Mel picked up. "Jace, what's wrong?" I sighed, "Mel, it's Peyne. Jace got a text message that I think is from his parents." There was silence then, "What?!" I sighed and took a deep breathe, "It said 'You won't get away from us. You need to burn in Hell!' He was so upset and he finally went to sleep, but I thought I shopuld tell you."

There was some whispers, "Peyne,sweetie watch him until I get there. Oh and don't mess it up with my baby." I laughed lightly, "I won't mess it up, I promise." We got off the phone and I went into the livingroom. Jace was asleep still, I picked him up bridal style and carried him to his room. He smiled and mumbled, "Peyton." I smiled and put him on his bed. He whined, "Warm." I slid in next to him and he backed up, right into my chest. I wrapped my arms around him and tried to sleep, without the thoughts of what his parents have in mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
What is wrong with his parents?