Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

He who makes a beast out of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Alexis was running down the street now. She hadn’t even run far and realized she was already missing a shoe. She was flying as fast as her long tan legs would carry her. She was sure her hair looked a mess, as the…thing…that had attacked her, had pulled her bun undone and she could see stray clumps hanging down. Her makeup was surely smeared now. She did her best to kick off the other shoe, as it seemed to only slow her down. As she was pulling her toes out of the shoe she ignored a large crack in between the sidewalk. Right as she was about to chuck the shoe, her toes became lodged in the crack and she fell to the ground. She turned around to pick herself back up but in an instant, the creature was on top of her and wrestling her back to the ground. She fought and screamed but her mouth was quickly muffled by a hand, that appeared to have, instead of fingernails, claws, dirty claws at that. Those claws were the only thing that kept her from moving. She didn’t want her face slashed open by them, which could clearly be done with ease. She wrapped both hands around the wrist at her mouth, trying to keep the muscles from being able to flex those claws, but it was becoming obvious that she was not even close to a match for this thing. The person…or creature…on top of her began growling and grunting. He seemed to be fiddling with the zipper to his pants, and she began to panic as she was only wearing a short denim skirt and her panties would offer no safety barrier. She heard the zipper, and her eyes widened and she screamed into the palm on the creature who then easily pinned her two arms with only one hand. He smelled slightly of rotting meat. She wanted to get away, but the creature’s claws dug into her face further, and she felt them puncture the skin, only slightly, but she knew it was deep enough to draw blood. This thing on top of her obviously knew she was bleeding because in a flash the claws were gone and he was smashing himself on top of her, his cold tongue flicking at the small wounds. All of a sudden she jumped when she felt the thing’s hips buck into hers. She groaned and shuddered all over, disgusted in every cell of her being. She could begin to make out that whatever this was, or whoever, was not entirely human. The creature looked up at her and its eyes were a pale yellow, but they glowed softly the way the moon does on a clear night. When Alexis looked into them, her heart rate and breathing slowed and she smiled slightly. Something washed the fear away from her and she began settle into the creature. It had pointy ears and grayish skin that was speckled with blue and red, but she could tell at least at one point this had been a man from the matted spiky hair which looked like it had bits of leaves stuck in it. She didn’t care anymore, honestly. The creature’s eyes kept her calm, and there was an almost pleading in them, a feeling of warmth and happiness washed over Alexis, and she closed her eyes, feeling like she was basking in the rays of a summer afternoon. She felt something colder brush against her shoulder and then across her neck. She didn’t mind, it felt like a nice breeze and she held onto it, not wanting this feeling to stop. But only seconds later she was taken away from the warmth by something sharp cutting into her throat. Her eyes opened and immediately she understood the gravity of what was happening. The creature was growling furiously, but not from the throat, somewhere deeper in the chest. It was practically a purr. She felt hot liquid run down her neck and shoulders and she could only assume this was blood. She was 23 and her life was coming to an end in a nasty alley in the ghetto next to a dumpster and a pile of used condoms. Her mouth tasted rusty and before long blood was flowing over her lips. She could barely breathe anymore. She was panicking, and she didn’t want to die, but there was little she could do to get whatever was on top of her off anymore, and she couldn’t even try. Her lungs were on fire, her vision was getting blurry and her muscles were convulsing. She couldn’t move anymore. Alexis was paralyzed, couldn’t breathe and this demon had chased her down and was killing her. Where was everyone? She didn’t even know where she was, but judging by the look of her surroundings it was long since abandoned, only used by hookers and drug dealers, probably. Thoughts became fewer and farther between for Alexis now. She blacked out. Moments later she opened her eyes after feeling the weight of the creature disappear. She heard a screeching noise and men yelling.
“Gates!” A voice boomed. Her eyes couldn’t make out much, but she saw a large shape and she definitely knew it was…at least a human shape. How was she even alive now? She clutched at her throat and tried to take a breath. She got enough air to not pass out, but it made a sickening raspy noise.
Another man was in front of her now, he seemed really pale with dark hair and dark eyes.
“M, she’s alive!”
“Get her away from here! Take her home Rev!” The other voice boomed. She heard more voices, but being awake was getting painful. She barely made out what she thought was 2 others before her sight was gone again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for like...being stupid before and interrupting you guys who WERE reading. D: D: D: