Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

Too many doses and I'm starting to get an attraction.

-Through Alexis’s Eyes-

3 nights this would make that we have hunted together and I found that when he took me out hunting and we fed together, I felt more alive than I think I ever could have. I got fragments of my previous life, but it didn’t seem impressive. The only thing that I had to get used to was after feeding, all I wanted to do was…fuck the shit out of him. I hated that. I barely knew the guy, but he made me, and that’s as close as you can get in this life, as far as I can tell. I was almost disgusted at myself for having those kinds of thoughts, but after I fed, my whole body was surging with what he called the thrill of the kill. Luckily, I could control myself, but I knew he knew how I felt. His pride in me, while I guess was founded in the fact that I was rare, nevertheless boosted my confidence which I probably didn’t even need. The freedom I had now was so incredible I could barely contain myself.
We were running. My whole body felt like it was covered in sparks. He had taught me how to judge distances so that I could jump with the necessary power. We were at a different part of the same ravine. He was testing me, making me criss-cross in different places to make sure I had it down.
I was faster than him and when I reached the spot I felt was perfect, I launched myself off the ground and made the leap, my legs still kicking as I crossed. I hit the ground and fell into a crouch, looked behind me and was off before Matt landed and I was running again. I came to the edge of the forest and stopped, allowing Matt to catch me. I smiled up at him and he smiled back at me, his short hair whipped in a million directions. I’m sure mine didn’t look any better. His smile made my body hum even more than it did when I was around him. The dimples probably didn’t help. They just added to the effect.
“Good job.” He said, his smile still gracing his lips. “I think you’ve got it.”
“That was easy. I think the hard part was not…was having…table manners.”
Matt laughed loudly and he covered his mouth for a moment which I found myself a bit sad over. “Shit. That’s a good way to put it.” He finished off his laugh and looked down at me. “I’m proud of you.” He said, with more seriousness in his eyes.
“I know.” I smiled with only the left half of my mouth.
“You know, huh?” He asked, following me with his eyes as I sat down against a tree and pulled my legs up and braced them with my hands around my ankles.
“Yeah.” I raised my eyebrows. “I know.”
He sat next to me and I shifted my eyes to him.
“How do you know?”
“I can feel it, remember?” I asked, raising one eyebrow at him.
He smiled again and I smiled right back at it.
The night was lovely, and seeing it with new eyes wasn’t uninteresting yet.
Either was hearing and smelling it. Matt looked down at me and I pressed my face into his fucking huge arm. I wasn’t sure I believed I could be stronger than him, he was just so big. He lifted his arm and pulled me to his chest and I sat there a moment, enjoying it.
“You’re happy. About what?” I could feel him pressing his cheek to my head.
“About a lot of things. Being amazing, kicking your ass, being alive…forever. Playing to being a girl…not getting old…and…you.”
I could feel the start of a laugh crack through Matt’s chest before it left his mouth. “Happy with me, huh?” his hand lightly picked mine up and I pulled my arm up and he began caressing my hand with his fingers. “Why?”
“Well…because I could have been like Isabel…Brian doesn’t even look at her most of the time. Zacky wants to put Callie down like a sick dog. And Johnny’s maker left him to fend for himself. I could have had a maker who didn’t care. But I don’t. And if I have to be a vampire, which is stupid to say, because I am…I’m glad you made me.” I tilted my head back at Matt who was smiling and he nodded once. “All of that is caused by making more of our kind before we’re ready to handle them. But for what it’s worth, I’m pretty happy with you too.”
I smiled and brought my head back and settled into the contours of Matt’s body. To my surprise, he lightly pulled my chin towards him and pressed his lips to mine. Usually I was the one kissing him. It involved a lot more clawing and growling and him having to pull me off of him, but it was still usually me kissing him.

I lost track of the kissing, my mind was all over the place. Normally my sexual appetite was like a roaring fire, but this burned smoothly and white hot. He had undressed me so tenderly that I could have cried at the care he took to show me this kind of affection, because I knew it wasn’t easy for him to fight the urge to just as I would have put it at one point…dig in. When I undressed him, however, I was moved far slower than he did. Controlling my urge was far harder since I was still new to this life. He soothed me by kissing my shoulders and holding me lightly to his cool body, but eventually, I stripped him of his clothes without shredding them even a little bit. He sat back up against the tree from our prone position, pulling me with him and back into his lap. I could feel his desire pulsing through me in waves, just as well as he made me feel it between my legs.

My arms were curled around his neck and his own was wrapped around my back, and one over my hips. I couldn’t take my lips off of his skin as my hips settled into his over and over, and I was often releasing whimpering moans onto his mouth which he would smile for. I was losing track of time and it didn’t even matter. I wanted to spend every second right here in this moment with him. His arm snaked up my back and grabbed a fist full of hair and he pulled my head back and he thrusted into me hard causing me to throw a mixture of a gasp and moan up into the night. His sharp teeth grazed me, and I knew by the feeling of his tongue on my neck that he had drawn blood. He released my hair and ran his hand over it, pulling my body closer to him. I looked down and kissed the tender flesh directly under his chin, then grazed my own teeth across him. Pulling my hips down as he pushed his up, I moaned softly while licking the scratches I had made with my teeth and curled my arms tighter around him, running my hands over his hair and pressing my cheek to his. Those arms snaked around me and held me even tighter and his hips jumped up once and I sighed against his ear and leaned back, pulling my arms over his shoulders and examining his face in the moonlight. If I had been human, I’m sure he’d have been making my heart pound out of my chest, but I was stuck with the feeling of electricity flowing between us. I greedily smashed my lips to his and as our tongues met, a flicker began. I saw things I couldn’t recognize, people I didn’t know, it was a different time. It was like a dream flying by. Several time periods seemed to fly by, judging by the things people were wearing. Some of them looked scared. Brian, Rev, Zacky, and then Johnny faded in and out quickly. I could tell Matt felt the same because his arm left my hips and both were holding our bodies together as our lips were locked. Finally, I realized…these were his memories.