Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

Blind your eyes to what you see; you can't embrace it.

-Through Matt’s Eyes-

The look on Alexis’s face terrified me and every part of me was panicking. I lunged to get her away from him, but Rev and Syn were grabbing my arms. They were struggling to hold me back and upon realizing this, Thor looked up with the most intense look I’ve ever seen.
“Matthew, don’t you help her. That’s an order.”
Alexis was scanning my face for any sign of what she should do. Her eyes were huge with fear and she had tears running steadily down her face.
Thor twisted his arms over her neck again and Alexis screamed, kicking her legs furiously. She was too hungry and weak to get him off. Finally Thor got a taste of what he wanted.
The whites of her eyes flickered like a light going on and off and they stayed almost black for a moment before the irises began to glow and turn yellow. A loud growl escaped her mouth and she bared her fangs prepared to rip Thor to shreds. Fuck, even I was beginning to think that wasn’t such a bad idea.
She burst from Thor’s arms and flew forward, but her eyes went back to normal.
“Very good, Alexis. That’ll do for tonight.”
Alexis fucking ignored him, just like she should have and she came straight to me, and I immediately wrapped my arms around her and checked her neck for any ripping. That was the only way we would die…if we were decapitated. Stakes, all that horse shit wounded us severely, but only an unperfected vampire could be killed with a stake…or garlic, but let’s just say you’d need to have a shit ton of garlic. Silver burned us though, and most of us couldn’t even touch it. Crosses, that was just bullshit. Nothing happened when we were around crosses, or looked at them. Even sunlight didn’t do much but make us a little less powerful and slower. But humans have to believe something works, or they will work diligently to exterminate you.
Choking back a sob, Alexis clung to me like a spider and I walked with her back to the nest. Her sense of smell would be heightened so we had to choose a path that had zero human scent.

This was a nightmare. Alexis was beginning to go insane from hunger, and her mood was volatile at best. I could calm her down most of the time, but there were times I had to just leave her.
Thor was out to feed tonight, and Alexis would train in maybe 2 hours time.
The guys were all talking to themselves, and I listened quietly, with Alexis next to me on the couch. I had my arm draped over the back and Alexis sat so still she didn’t move at all. I was a little bit worried. She looked even worse now, and it had only been a week. Her hunger was ripping through me like a knife, and that’s all she could focus on. Her own hunger.
“The elves haven’t attacked in days, and even the last one was fucking nothing.” Johnny was talking to Zacky.
It surprised me a bit when Syn interjected with his own thoughts. “Are we sure they’re making a big move and not…giving up?”
Zacky laughed. “They don’t give up. I wish they would…but nah, not like that. This is gonna be big.”
The guys had all fed before Thor went out, Callie and Miranda following shortly, and Isabel leaving last. All of the guys had a pink glow to them from the blood they drank and Alexis eyed it with envy. I ran my fingers through her hair and she didn’t say anything though I knew she was self conscious because it was oily and no matter how hard she tried scrubbing and washing it, it just stayed oily.
Finally the hatch opened and everyone literally dropped in. Callie and Miranda were the first two in, go figure, and then Thor who helped Isabel in. I liked Isabel. She was the only one aside from Alexis who had any manners. I should have expected what came next.
Callie and Miranda stood together, chatting away like…what’s the phrase? Two old hens or something. Two fucking bitches would work just fine for me. Callie locked eyes on me then saw Alexis. The smile crept up her face and she chuckled.
“Wow, Alexis. You look like shit.”
Alexis’s head swiveled over to her and in an instant Zacky had Callie by the back of the neck and pushed her to the floor as Alexis stood and stormed off.
“I FUCKING HATE THIS VAMPIRE SHIT!” she screamed, heading for the spiral staircase to the basement.
“CALLIE! I’m really fucking fed up with your shit!” Zacky screamed. “If you insult her again, I will silver you for 2 nights! Do you understand me now?”
Callie submitted, fear glazing over her eyes and I stood up and looked at Callie’s body lying on the floor, then looked up at Thor who was pretty nonplussed at the whole thing and took off in another direction. I shook my head and headed for the bedroom, but by the time I got there, Alexis had already locked it.
I heard her laughing loudly though. She was almost hysterical.
“Alexis! What are you doing?!” I screamed and pounded on my own door.
She wasn’t close to the door, probably the bathroom I guessed, judging by the distance of her voice.
“Get lost!” She spat.
Yeah, like I’m gonna be doing that.
“You know I’m not gonna do that.” I said against the door.
“I’m not going to kill myself or anything like that if that’s what you fucking think. Just go away!”
I heard her rummaging through things and I figured she must be looking for makeup or something, just feeling self conscious.
“Alright, fine.” I was surprised that I gave up so quickly, but Alexis wasn’t suicidal and whatever she was doing wouldn’t harm her.
I managed to get back out to the living room when Alexis shrieked and I heard the bedroom door fly open. I figured Alexis had been looking for makeup, that was stupid of me. We both knew damn well there was none in there. But I didn’t think she’d head for the scissors.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last one from Matt's POV for now. I did make Alexis's hair dark, because when do you ever hear about a vampire with dyed hair? :P Enjoy.