Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

Caught here in a fiery blaze, won't lose my will to stay.

There were only flashes. People surrounded her. Lots of people. It was so bright. Where was she?
“Drink it?! She has no fucking throat! She can’t drink it! I have to put it right in the fucking wound!” She recognized the voice as the booming voice from before.
What?
Once again everything went black.
One.
Two.
Three.
Everything was on fire. Every breath was like inhaling flames. Her skin felt like it was being boiled. She screamed and opened her eyes. There were two women in the room. Both were nonplussed at her cries. Her toes were curled and her back was arched so high she felt as if it might snap. Was this what hell was like? Surely she was dead. The pain came in waves, washing over her like lava setting her whole body back to the flames. She screamed again, this time causing one of the women to walk over to her. She was blonde, with a blue dress and that’s all Alexis could make out through the pain.
“Her neck healed nicely, Callie. Can’t even tell Brian ripped it out of her.”
“I can’t tell if this will be good or bad for him. He nearly killed her and we had to turn her. He hates making more of our kind. But on the other hand, it could remind him that he is what he is and if he doesn’t eat…well…it doesn’t leave us much choice.”
Alexis was nearly crying now. What was all this? What was this pain? Turn her? Alexis couldn’t focus, and everything inside of her felt like it was shaking. Her shrieks of pain grow more faint as she drifted off into nothing.
The next flash came when the blonde woman was undressing her. She felt her skirt sliding down her legs, along with the underwear. Her bra was already gone.
Alexis couldn’t move. The pain hadn’t even begun to let up, but she was frozen. The woman took the clothes and left. Alexis stared up at the ceiling, unable to even scream. On the inside it felt like she was being stung by bees over and over, unable to escape. Her muscles were aching. What felt like days passed as she faded in and out of consciousness. Finally, the pain started to fade from her. It was days before it was gone completely. Alexis opened her eyes, but she was almost lifeless behind them. She wasn’t herself, and only a small part of her recognized that. Standing up was the easy part. Her mouth was dry and it hurt. Small growls escaped her mouth. There was only one way out of this room and that was the one door in front of her. The entire room was white, and clean. Almost impossibly so. The bed she was on was covered in blood and Alexis ripped the sheets off it and ran into the corner and smelled them. Her mouth burned like there was rubbing alcohol inside it. Alexis’s hands were covered in blood and she didn’t stop with licking. She smelled like blood. Holding up her arm, Alexis pulled her feet up to her chest and rested the arm on top of it, burying her face into the crook of her arm and biting. The teeth easily ripped into the flesh. Blood flowed freely and she was gulping it as it leaked into her mouth. Several minutes passed as she drank her own blood, lost in the pleasure of it before someone walked in. It was a man, he was not very tall and had black hair to almost the chin. He was very pale and covered in tattoos, not that Alexis cared. She just kept to her bleeding arm.
“God dammit. M, she’s eating from her own fucking arm.” The man shouted.
In what seemed like no time to normal people, a large man appeared in the door way. Alexis looked up at him and away from her arm. He was tall, and also covered in tattoos. He has super short dark brown hair. Alexis looked away and was headed back to the arm.
“Stop.” the man barked.
Alexis did what he said without even thinking, although not much was really there in her brain except the drive to eat.
“Zack, would you go get me a blanket or robe or something please.”
“Yeah, no problem.” The other man turned and left too fast for Alexis to notice. The man who was in front of her offered his hand to her. She took it and stood up, looking around her, her eyes darting all over the place. The large man whshe mostly ignored was holding her hands when the guy he called Zacky returned with a black silk robe draped over his arm.
“Thanks, man.” The big man took the robe and lifted Alexis’s arm, slipping her into it. Alexis wouldn’t cooperate when it came time to put her other arm in. She just stared up at the large man with a bloody grin.
“Very funny. Other arm.”
Alexis’s face dropped and she slid her other arm into the robe.
Zacky looked at her up and down and she stared right back.
“I fucking hate the eyes, M.” Zacky seemed to shudder. No wonder. Alexis was tore up from the floor up. Her hair was everywhere like she had been electrocuted, her skin was a dirty color, pale, but luminescent. Her eyes were pale yellow and almost black where the whites would normally be, and they glowed, but it was even creepier given the large dark circles under her eyes. She was naked, and filthy. Covered in dirt and blood that had all caked together.
“M…Why is she naked?” Zacky asked, crossing his arms and shrugging one hand out to gesture at Alexis.
Alexis’s eyes shot back and forth between the two men.
“Callie and Miranda are clearly not good at following my orders. I sent them to find her some clothes and they’ve been finding excuses to put it off.”
“Really…does that surprise you at all?”
“No, not really. But she needs to wear something besides a robe or she’s going to stir up a shit storm she doesn’t need to.”
Alexis began whimpering. She was so hungry now, she could have bitten into these two, but given the size of them, she thought it best not to.
M sighed. “We really have got to feed her as well. She’s going to need a lot of blood now, since she was drinking so much of her own.”
“You think she’s going to have any trouble perfecting because of that?”
“She shouldn’t, but I can’t say. It might just take a little longer, but I doubt it.”

The larger man called M, along with Zacky began to coax Alexis out of the room. Eventually she went with them and M held onto Alexis’ arm tightly. The hall she turned into was just as white as the room she came out of. The floor was marble, but had a red carpet stretching down the length. The crown molding was black with almost invisible gold fleur-de-lis pattern.
Alexis’s mouth watered. Something smelled good and it made her whole body tense. She was on fire again. Eat! Eat! Eat! Was all her brain was saying. It smelled like peaches and apples. She looked around frantically, but the large man had an even firmer grip on her now. Only when a large crash shook the house did he even relent a tiny bit. Once the yelling began, the large man shifted his pale green eyes down to Alexis and then back to Zacky.
“You fucking hold onto her like your life depends on it, because it might. She’s unperfected and you know they don’t have much control.”
M thrusted Alexis’s arm to Zacky who took it gently, probably more gently than he should have, and within one moment, M was gone.
Alexis began shifting her eyes around quickly looking for any way to escape and find what smelled so good. She listened to everything. Rumbling in the distance mixed with yelling, and the hum of the lighting above her. Then somewhere off in the distance she heard a steady thump. It was so light it was barely there at all. But Alexis needed to get at it and fast. Zacky released his grip when something crashed again, and debris flew from the hall perpendicular to this one. Alexis took that moment to throw herself down the hall, running as fast as she could, intent on finding that pulse, that pulse that threw off that sweet fruity smell that she wanted so badly. She was blind right now, barely seeing or hearing but she knew Zacky wasn’t following her, and he should glad because she would stop for nothing.

“M, we’ve got something of a problem.” Zacky scratched lightly at the corners of his eyes and slumped against the door. He was yelling, but this was slightly more important than being pissed.
“What is it?” He turned around sharply, his eyes red over the irises and blacked out where his whites should be. In a moment his eyes returned to normal as he became aware of the notably absent Alexis. “Wait…you didn’t.” He tilted his head back. “TELL ME YOU FUCKING DIDN’T!” he bellowed into the air. Everyone sunk a little bit.
“Dude, I’m sorry. I saw shit fly down the hallway and I turned to look and she was out of my arms. I’ve tried looking for her, but I can’t smell her. I just fucking can’t. I don’t even know if she’s still in the house.” Zacky panicked. Everyone was staring at him.
“So, we have an unperfected newborn loose in our nest.” M said, nodding. “Fantastic.”
“I said I’m sorry.”
“Sorry isn’t going to find her!” He screamed at Zacky then sighed.
“Rev, Callie, can you take care of this,” he gestured to the slumped over being in the corner “while I handle this?”
“Got it, dude.” Rev responded. He shook hair out of his eyes and then kneeled down beside the lump as Zacky and M simultaneously flew out of the room.
“I can’t believe you fucking lost her.” They both stopped and sniffed a bit before taking off down one hallway.
“She couldn’t have gone far! What the fuck should I have done, dude? Chained myself to her?”
“I said watch her, you didn’t fucking watch.” He paused. “Why can’t we smell her?”
“That’s what I’ve been asking the entire time!”
“Let’s just find her before she kills someone.”
They took off again, almost too fast to be seen.
Within seconds they stopped dead in their tracks.
“I think it’s too late for that…” Zacky’s jaw dropped.
♠ ♠ ♠
Take 2 of Chapter 2? Okay cool. Enjoy. Hopefully.