Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

Crimson and bare as I stand

They ran for at least an hour before finally settling for a spot in the middle of a clearing. Brian stopped and kneeled down, setting Alexis up against a tree. As he pulled away he noticed she was barely conscious, her body having almost no resistance to him, and she slumped forward slightly.
Brian shook his head and looked up at Isabel. There was an air of danger around them, for at any moment Thor could decide to follow them and there would be no fight. Thor would destroy them both with ease.
As if reading his mind Isabel spoke up, but only slightly louder than a whisper. “He’s going to be really mad.”
“Thor can go fuck himself, Isabel. He’s not our friend.”
Isabel looked down and nodded softly. “So what’s the plan?”
“She won’t be able to hunt. We have to bring her someone. Maybe two. It took her longer to starve, so she may need more to eat. I’m not sure.” Brian scratched his head with one finger, maneuvering through his mass of short dark spikes.
“I don’t smell anyone…not campers, no one.” Isabel said, looking around, her eyebrows coming together with worry.
“If she smells someone, she’s…gonna make a mess.” Brian said, his face contorting with a bit of disgust. “There’s a city 20 miles from here. We have to trick them into coming with us so we can bring them here. Do you understand?”
“Luring? Jimmy taught me a few years ago. I think I can do it.” Isabel said, a smidge of pride lighting up her face.
That pride only made Brian’s face sink a little. He should have taught her. “Awesome. Okay, Isabel. We need to work fast.”
“Got it.” She said, turning and bolting as fast as her legs would carry her.
Brian was right behind her after he shot Alexis one more quick look.

“CALL FOR HIM. GET HIS FUCKING ASS BACK HERE, MATTHEW!” Thor roared, his voice echoing through every part of the house.
“He doesn’t fucking respond to my calls! You think when he ran away, I didn’t call him?” Matt roared back. “He doesn’t answer me!”
“Not to mention,” Zacky interjected. “Even if Syn were to answer the call, there’s no guarantee he’d bring Alexis back. He’d probably leave her with Isabel.”
Thor’s eyes swiftly glanced over to Zacky then away. “Matthew, both of them are to be destroyed when they return.”
Matt’s eyes widened and he opened his mouth to protest before Jimmy laughed. He was sitting on the couch with one leg crossed over the other and his arms along the back.
“Good fucking luck. Alexis seems pretty fond of them.”
“And if they go, the only one she won’t tear apart would be Matt.” Johnny said from his chair in the corner of the room, his eyebrows shrugging slightly.
Matt’s hazel eyes swung to Johnny. One image kept flashing across his mind and it pulled at him, urging him to escape. Alexis’s limp, thin and decomposing body.
Eventually Thor turned with a growl and burst from the nest, nearly ripping the hatch from its hinges and leaving it wide open.
Panic filled Matt and he scrambled out too, forcing his large body out of the hatch, leaving Johnny, Rev and Zacky to stare at each other in confusion before Johnny got up to close the hatch, deciding it was in their best interest if they didn’t get in anyone’s way.
Johnny paused for a moment as he turned from the entrance.
“Something isn’t sitting right with me.” he said, not stepping into the room yet. His eyebrows came together to try to put it together, but he shook his head. He didn’t know what it was.
Zacky and Rev looked at each other and back to Johnny.
“MIRANDA!” Johnny yelled.
“CALLIE!” Zacky shouted at the same time.
Within seconds, the two girls were at the entrance to the room.
Zacky stood in front of Callie. “Callie, Miranda. There may be some major shit going down tonight. Be prepared. Syn took Alexis out to feed against Thor’s order. If we have to fight tonight, you stay out of Alexis’s way, both of you.” Zacky said. His eyes shifted back to Callie before he moved a few stray pieces of black hair from his eyes. “Especially you.”
“Stay out of Dye Job’s way. Got it.”
Zacky sighed and rubbed his face. “What is wrong with you?” He asked, crossing his arms but shrugging a hand out.
Callie’s face dropped and Miranda stifled a laugh.
“Miranda.” Johnny said, taking his seat again. “This is not a fucking joke.”
Jimmy rose, towering over them all. “Look, you two spoiled brats just go do something with yourselves. If anything happens, you’ll know.”

Thor was running so fast, chasing Brian and Isabel’s scent, that Matt couldn’t keep up. Their legs tore through the plant overgrowth and raced over the ground. Matt had to get to Alexis before Thor did. Luckily, it hit Matt as he was hauling himself through the forest. He knew where Brian had gone. It was a favorite spot of his because humans had never set foot there and it made it easier for him to hide and bathe in his own self loathing. Matt knew the shortcut, and hoped that he could get there in time. Splitting away from Thor, Matt ran his own separate way, praying that he could make it.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter coming tonight. I'm trying to pump out some more. Work has been ridiculous this weak and I've been so worn out that I haven't felt like writing. D: Enjoy. More coming. :)